Preview Round 4: Essendon vs GWS Giants, Docklands, Sunday 9th April @ 2.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking Phillips and D'Ambrossio with Menzie as sub.
It might help us win this week but long term id rather see us keep developing Draper as ruck and playing guys like Jones and Weideman as forwards. Nothing against Flip either, ive always been a fan of what he brings when he does play. Not ready to drop Harry yet

As I said, Groundhog Day with your posting. North doesn’t start for another 2 hours, there’s still time.
Aussie Rules Sport GIF by Essendon FC

It might help us win this week but long term id rather see us keep developing Draper as ruck and playing guys like Jones and Weideman as forwards. Nothing against Flip either, ive always been a fan of what he brings when he does play. Not ready to drop Harry yet

Oh I agree, just saying what I think it will be

It’s curious to me that a person can commit to 25,000 posts on a footy forum and not possess the capacity to evaluate the club beyond being a sycophant and a cheerleader.
I can only conclude that you’re one of those cheer squad types 😂
Just because people don't post childish hate rants full of hyperbole and unhinged vitriol doesn't make them sycophants or cheerleaders and you'd want to stop equating it as such.

Tell me with a straight face that there is a single universe where Heppell should be getting selected over D’Ambrosio? The continued selection of Heppell is getting farcical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D’Ambrosio and Hind out means the sub won’t be used in that part of the ground, so if Langford is the 7th defender in the rotation then he has to stay there and can’t swing forward without leaving a hole 🤔

Might be planning tall forward for small forward sub change this week? Add some extra pressure around the ball in the last quarter. Could also be Hepp again, or managing one of the small forwards to get them through the season a bit better.

D’Ambrosio and Hind out means the sub won’t be used in that part of the ground, so if Langford is the 7th defender in the rotation then he has to stay there and can’t swing forward without leaving a hole 🤔

Might be planning tall forward for small forward sub change this week? Add some extra pressure around the ball in the last quarter. Could also be Hepp again, or managing one of the small forwards to get them through the season a bit better.

Mass and Hind both listed as emergencies. So either could be the sub?

Can’t see Phillips being the sub. Maybe Snelling.

Either can still be the sub.

I’d say Snelling will be sub.

Strongly disagree with playing Langford down back (seriously, he can either be a wing or a forward. Why are we doing this to ourselves?) and feel that it’s only happening because Brad refuses to drop Heppell.

Mass and Hind both listed as emergencies. So either could be the sub?

Can’t see Phillips being the sub. Maybe Snelling.

Either can still be the sub.
They can be yes, but the sub is usually first listed emergency, the VFL review of Snelling was glowing, playing Mass for only half a game after having him held over in round 1 and resulting in only playing 2.5 games in a month (especially when it’s at the same time as the VFL) would be a dick move, and the wording of the team announcement suggests they’re actually dropped.

I wouldn't pick Heppell either, but anyone still surprised he continues to get picked hasn't being paying attention.

Scott basically said he expected Hepp to play 16 games or so this year. He may not get that many, but Scott was never dropping him at round 4, as right or wrong as it may be (I believe the latter personally).

Honestly think Mass getting dropped is a good sign, but its slightly outweighed by Heppell staying in. Mass got absolutely pantsed by the small forwards last week, so Scott is punishing the lack of defensive effort and ignoring his possessions. Heppell though... eh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back