Preview Round 5, 2019: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 20th April, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Demons

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 56 72.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember any more. I'm desperate for alcohol, I didn't think they closed everything for Good Friday, I live in the Bagel belt where even on Christmas you can shop, they have unreasonably stolen Easter and renamed it Passover and closed everything. I'm looking for cooking wine.
I am anti semetic when they align Passover and hanukkah with Easter and Christmas and they close s**t down.

How is it starting an argument? You used your Melbourne mates for your confirmation bias. I stated some of my non Saints supporting friends font hold your belief.

And we are constantly underrated wherever we sit on the ladder. In 2009 I specifically beating Essendon by 3 goals after leading all night. All the radio went on about was how brave Essendon were, to the point people phoned in and told them that the Saints actually won.

Just sounds to me you are a bit concerned your 'we have a s**t list' trope you have peddled for years may not be as sure as you thought it was.
Can be seen by saying Billings and Gres are only 'OK'.

I haven't peddled it for years, I went full negative last year when we shat the bed. I still think our list is below most top 8 teams but with a few players stepping up we have a much more competitive outfit. I would think Jack Billings is on the verge of A grade, Gresham not far behind and Stuv, Ross, Steele etc a bit further back. Then a pile of very solid high Bs like Newnes, Webster, Membrey, Lonie etc. We haven't got even a full season out of any of them at that level yet so other fans aren't going to sit up and lick our dicks after 4 weeks.

We also have a few guys like Marshall, Parker and Wilkie who have improved the side replacing Hickey/ Longer, Mav and a missing Roberton. Coaching has been much more systematic and process driven. I love winning but I still think our list is more bottom 8 than top 8 but stranger things have happened than average lists playing finals. The Dogs and Eagles weren't the best sides in the AFL but won flags, Collingwood nearly won one with half the side missing large chunks of the season.

I really don't care about how we are perceived if we are winning, I was just trying to point out how we are seen outside the club and show some perspective as to why maybe we don't get much love.

I have always said I thought Richo is probably a bit of an overachiever with the lists he's had, this year the side is much more competitive. Interestingly Rooey said he thought the game plan suits the side we have now. Nathan Burke suggested the players we had didn't suit what Richo wanted to play like Last year. We also had an inexperienced recruiter who was a left over assistant coach from another era, assistant coaches with little to no AFL experience backing an inexperienced coach. We have made up for a lot of the issues I was pointing out, so I obviously wasn't just ranting total s**t.

Just wondering why clubs have to name 24 or 25 players before selecting 22?

If it is for late emergency change then are there any rules that club has to select a player from emergency list if someone gets injured?

Joe Danniher is named in today's game against Kangas. He was not there in initial 25 member squad. Are clubs allowed to do that?
Essendon will cop a fine for doing that.

Geez that's rough.

Just found some scotch, I should live through the night. The kids didn't fill the ice tray and it's a bit cheap and nasty with out but it will do.

Yep light years ahead of where i thought we would be at this stage fingers crossed we can keep it going a bit longer

Last year we had more expectations but under performed, this year is the opposite, no expectations but we're performing a lot better than expected.

Enjoying this season a lot more so far, not getting carried away just yet but it's good to know we are going into every game having a red hot crack.

Even in our one loss against Freo we went down swinging, great to see the old Saints fighting spirit back.

Can't remember any more. I'm desperate for alcohol, I didn't think they closed everything for Good Friday, I live in the Bagel belt where even on Christmas you can shop, they have unreasonably stolen Easter and renamed it Passover and closed everything. I'm looking for cooking wine.

I stocked up on the holy bourbon yesterday to make sure I didn't run dry today, I'll no doubt be drunk posting some s**t tunes in the disco again tonight.

I was just in the begal belt. Lots of places open.
This morning was outside of the begal belt lots of places also open.

Beagle belt?
Beagle_Needlepoint_Belt__42937.1483657547.1280.1280.png

Just found some scotch, I should live through the night. The kids didn't fill the ice tray and it's a bit cheap and nasty with out but it will do.
Mate drunk all my southern last night drove to Dan Murphy’s this afternoon just hoping lol no luck have just opened a bottle Snobs creek Shiraz and cheese platter of king island cheese from my golf trip last week lol life is good

I managed to find the Balaclava fruiterer was open but that was going to take to long to ferment into booze. A deli was open but again nothing drinkable in there. We went down to St Kilda and had coffee and everything was happening but it was too early to hit the grog.

Mate drunk all my southern last night drove to Dan Murphy’s this afternoon just hoping lol no luck have just opened a bottle Snobs creek Shiraz and cheese platter of king island cheese from my golf trip last week lol life is good

Nice back up.

Snobs creek & a cheese platter fmd. I had to check your profile to see if you changed to a Dees supporter!

Snobs creek & a cheese platter fmd. I had to check your profile to see if you changed to a Dees supporter!

Just left over snacks for the trip back from Barnbougle in the private jet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone is in any doubt about how good our defence is, have a look at the way Essendon have torn Brisbane and North's defences apart.

We shut those campaigners down when we played them.

Neither Brisbane or North have Wilkie though.

Just left over snacks for the trip back from Barnbougle in the private jet.
No King island played Cape Wickham and ocean dunes but we did have our private 8 seater plane lol

Just quietly, how good is it having footy on Good Friday? Enjoying it with a couple of quiet Stone & Wood Pacific Ale stubs.
Was not so good having footy on grand final last year.

But Sapporo's for my beer of choice

Just quietly, how good is it having footy on Good Friday? Enjoying it with a couple of quiet Stone & Wood Pacific Ale stubs.
Love Stone & Wood great beer

No King island played Cape Wickham and ocean dunes but we did have our private 8 seater plane lol

The sweet life, I might start mowing lawns for a living. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back