Game Day Round 5, 2020: GWS Giants v Hawthorn, 6.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be fantastic to sit 4-1 after the first five rounds of this very unusual season as the Hawks embark on an extended stay on NSW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if Leon will play Whitfield off the HBF with Williams being out?

Shaw is looking well done, so they will be lacking some drive from their D50. If we can keep Haynes busy, and Whitfield is back there, then we can really exploit their backline.

Without Taylor and Williams, plus Davis under an injury cloud the Hawthorn forwards should test the Giants defence provided they can get the ball in there often enough.

Whitfield, Haynes and Greene are key for the Giants. Shutting them down goes along way to winning this game.

Sicily vs Greene?
O’Brien/Gunston vs Haynes
Shiels vs Whitfield?

Without Taylor and Williams, plus Davis under an injury cloud the Hawthorn forwards should test the Giants defence provided they can get the ball in there often enough.

Whitfield, Haynes and Greene are key for the Giants. Shutting them down goes along way to winning this game.

Sicily vs Greene?
O’Brien/Gunston vs Haynes
Shiels vs Whitfield?
I’d prefer Hardwick to Greene to be honest, I feel like Greene demands more of a defensive lockdown focus which would rob us of Sicily’s strengths.
Also feel Haynes would be too good in the air for Gunston if bombed in long. I think he has to go to TOB or Lewi anyway, especially if Davis doesn’t get up.
I like Sheils to Whitfield if used in the guts

Slightly humiliating for Paton to miss out against his old club. Hopefully it stokes a fire within to motivate him to the next level, not lose confidence like Vickery.
No reason at all we can't win this. Gunston is due for a change in luck, so reckon he might snag a few, and Mitchell to announce his return with a BOG performance. As well as Wingard and Burygone, I'm most looking forward to seeing Siciy, TOB, Lewis and Big Boy in action. Hawks in a thriller by 2 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back