Round 5: Brisbane vs Fremantle, Fremantle Oval

Who were your three best players against Fremantle?

• Lauren Arnell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greta Bodey

• Dakota Davidson

• Isabel Dawes

• Natalie Grider

• Jessy Keeffe

• Breanna Koenen

• Rheanne Lugg

• Kate Lutkins

• Maria Moloney

• Orla O'Dwyer

• Lily Postlethwaite

• Jesse Wardlaw

• Sharni Webb

• Emma Zielke

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that was disappointing. It felt like Fremantle were much better prepared for us and brought the intensity, and with the exception of the third quarter we were a bit overwhelmed. Bates, ally Anderson and woosh (when she got the chance) stepped up but unfortunately too many of the girls looked a little flustered. Still, it'll be a good learning experience.

Need two more wins to close out the season, and we've got our two toughest games at home I'll back the girls to be the better for the experience. Carn lions

just fully showing how a flying lutkins can basically save our bacon. she wasn't her top best today. (damn that sounds like i'm singling her out but just noticed some of her highest standards weren't on show today, she did a lot right though)

Bate was a absolute warrior, really well done there.
Anderson and Conway i think played really well too, maybe a bit let down by the final disposal
I was grimacing when they were getting over the back so unsure who was one them for those, otherwise impressed by the other defensive moments by Koenen and Campbell.
Woosh popped up nicely, but too many missed chances by our forward line as a whole.

Prob a more annoying loss than it should be just in the ease in which they seemingly scored.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that was disappointing. It felt like Fremantle were much better prepared for us and brought the intensity, and with the exception of the third quarter we were a bit overwhelmed. Bates, ally Anderson and woosh (when she got the chance) stepped up but unfortunately too many of the girls looked a little flustered. Still, it'll be a good learning experience.

Need two more wins to close out the season, and we've got our two toughest games at home I'll back the girls to be the better for the experience. Carn lions

There was more roughing up going on everywhere. Push in the back, elbow, kicking you name it - Freo just came out playing rougher than any other team I've seen before. Bates got pushed into pack and ground a few times as well, no free. So angry in the end.

I hope we run through a few of them if we come up against them later. I don't know their names well yet, No.12, 27 and few more. We need the Lions 2001-03 brand to overhaul this one. Just hold them on ground when tackled a few seconds longer, just make them feel our presence.

If that's how they want to play, I hope we serve it back at the same level.

There was more roughing up going on everywhere. Push in the back, elbow, kicking you name it - Freo just came out playing rougher than any other team I've seen before. Bates got pushed into pack and ground a few times as well, no free. So angry in the end.

I hope we run through a few of them if we come up against them later. I don't know their names well yet, No.12, 27 and few more. We need the Lions 2001-03 brand to overhaul this one. Just hold them on ground when tackled a few seconds longer, just make them feel our presence.

Definitely going to need to find a way to deal with more physical teams, we had similar issues when gold Coast decided to rough us up in the second half. Dunno if we should move away from our identity to hit back but certainly something needs to be done. Maybe unleash svarc for a few extremely hard tackles, late or no?

One thing I noticed at the GWS game was that our girls as a whole are very small in comparison to GWS. And I was worried we would get beat up a bit in that game.
It was obviously a preconceived plan yesterday to get in their faces and under their skin and it worked.
Our girls, being such a young team may need a couple of years in the gym to be able to cope with that sort of pressure.

Definitely going to need to find a way to deal with more physical teams, we had similar issues when gold Coast decided to rough us up in the second half. Dunno if we should move away from our identity to hit back but certainly something needs to be done. Maybe unleash svarc for a few extremely hard tackles, late or no?

I feel we should make a case to headquarters and ask them "Is this ok? If yes, you'll see more of this from us too".

It may look like we are dobbing the rest in, but we need clarity. If ball players getting roughed up is a brand that AFLW endorses, then we might as well join the mob. Svarc and few others will stick their elbows out and can go harder next time.

The thing that frustrated me with that tactic is that we would get pinged for a lot of it. Holds on players, a tough tackle that was called high and so on.

And if you go to HQ and say "well if they do it so will we" then that just encourages more focus on our team's actions.

I think we just need to start running through more of 'em. Screw this soft bumping thing to try and push them off the ball when picking it up. Straight up hip and shoulder into the sides. Slight elbow cocked into the kidney.

Back