• Draw

• GWS by 1-24

• GWS by 25-49

• GWS by 50+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who to drop... take your pick... Reid, Parker, Thurlow, Ronke, Jack, Mills... all have been, let’s face it, crap this year. Thurlow probably the only one in that bunch whose actually had at least one good game so he is probably saved.

Horse needs to get serious about his senior players who are performing so poorly and getting away with it every week.

But who am I kidding, the outs will probably be Ronke and Rowbottom.

People try and equate our poor start to the season in 2019 with our poor start in 2017 (opposition fans mostly) but forget that in 2017 we were missing a huge stack of our best players, and in the first 6 weeks they all started slowly filtering back into the side. That is not the case this year as other than Naismith and Menzel we have essentially had our full strength side out there, it is just our full strength side is rubbish.

People try and equate our poor start to the season in 2019 with our poor start in 2017 (opposition fans mostly) but forget that in 2017 we were missing a huge stack of our best players, and in the first 6 weeks they all started slowly filtering back into the side. That is not the case this year as other than Naismith and Menzel we have essentially had our full strength side out there, it is just our full strength side is rubbish.

and werent carrying so many cooked players

eg some people think grundy and smith will improve things

Grundy might have been because of his depression, and I am not sure Rohan was a big name.

Depression became public a few weeks after he was originally dropped. Agree Rohan was not a 'big name', but his selection had been inked in when fit for a number of years.

In his legacy year I hope Horse does not ink in under-performers like Reid and Jack. I think it is soul destroying for players like Dawson and McInerney to be selected for just one game when poorly performing senior players serve up dross weasel but are still selected.

Depression became public a few weeks after he was originally dropped. Agree Rohan was not a 'big name', but his selection had been inked in when fit for a number of years.

In his legacy year I hope Horse does not ink in under-performers like Reid and Jack. I think it is soul destroying for players like Dawson and McInerney to be selected for just one game when poorly performing senior players serve up dross weasel but are still selected.

In fairness Horse took a gamble on McInerney and realised it was clearly a mistake. But agree with guys like Dawson COR etc who are thrown in and out of the senior side. This is exactly why this may be yet another wasted year. We are stuck between our old champions and the next generation.

We won’t be able to fully embrace and prepare the next generation if we keep thinking that a) senior guys like Parker, Reid etc are too good to be dropped, and b) Grundy McVeigh Jack etc will make a difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have given McInerney at least another game. He was not at all well used.

He was very out of his depth and to put him through another senior game I think would have been detrimental to him at this early stage of his development.

But I have to ask wtf Horse is doing with McInerney? He’s been NEAFL one week, travelling emergency the next, then NEAFL, then senior team, then travelling emergency again. I know Horse clearly loves him but he’s stuffing around with this kid’s form. What he needs to be doing is playing footy, at the same level, every weekend, for a month at least.

Who to drop... take your pick... Reid, Parker, Thurlow, Ronke, Jack, Mills... all have been, let’s face it, crap this year. Thurlow probably the only one in that bunch whose actually had at least one good game so he is probably saved.

Horse needs to get serious about his senior players who are performing so poorly and getting away with it every week.

But who am I kidding, the outs will probably be Ronke and Rowbottom.

This is part of the problem that some Fanboys on here won't acknowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back