Preview Round 6 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs, 7:50PM Friday 27th of April @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injury reports come early today.Macca over to you.
“Hi blue baggers here is the injury report for round 6”.
Kreuzer 2 weeks
Kennedy 2 weeks
Weitering 2 weeks
Marchbank 2 weeks
Murphy 2 weeks
Williamson 2 weeks
Pickett 8 weeks,what the hell happened there sorry blue baggers I’ll have to find out more about Pickett’s prognosis surely can’t be 8 weeks.
Byrne 2 weeks
ASOS 2 weeks
Lang available WTF? Who’s writing this sorry blue baggers looks like a typo.

And there you have it blue baggers hope to see you at Etihad this week.Go blues!

Kreuzer 2 weeks
Kennedy 2 weeks
Weitering 2 weeks
Marchbank 2 weeks
Murphy 2 weeks
Williamson 2 weeks
Pickett 8 weeks,what the hell happened there sorry blue baggers I’ll have to find out more about Pickett’s prognosis surely can’t be 8 weeks.
Byrne 2 weeks
ASOS 2 weeks

And there you have it blue baggers hope to see you at Etihad this week.Go blues!
The ole 2 weeks aye ? Where have we heard that befor ?

We’ve never gone 0 - 6

Not a record Bolts would want I’d imagine
Fairly sure we have.
I will have to check seasons like 1998 and 89. We had shocking starts then,

Nope. Looks like you are right. Surprised about that considering how many s**t years we had after 1996.

Kreuzer 2 weeks
Kennedy 2 weeks
Weitering 2 weeks
Marchbank 2 weeks
Murphy 2 weeks
Williamson 2 weeks
Byrne 2 weeks
ASOS 2 weeks

You forgot to say something obscure like....

Kreuzer copped a knock to the second metatarsal on his right foot, he is progressing well but we just want to keep an eye on him.

JSOS stays in for me as a third forward. Still have high hopes for the lad.

Although our defence looked a bit better last week I would like to see:
1. Macreadie in for O'Shea.
2. Cuningham in for Mullet.

Lang gets a game in the magoos.

Will be interesting to see what we do at team selection.

MK x 2 should both be straight back in if they're fit, but shouldn't be considered if they're still sore.

Would suggest Phillips and Kerridge are most likely to miss if they are available for selection. Phillips unlucky - he was very good against West Coast - but we cannot afford to go with 2 rucks against the Dogs at Etihad.

O'Shea the other one who will likely miss, was really poor against the Eagles but also copped a knock, would suggest his replacement will be either Weitering or Cuningham. If JW is fit, he has to come in - will learn absolutely nothing in the VFL, and there is no point playing him at that level.

We're a big chance here, Dogs are playing some shocking football at the moment. Just need to be smart at the selection table and ensure we bring effort from the first bounce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You forgot to say something obscure like....

Kreuzer copped a knock to the second metatarsal on his right foot, he is progressing well but we just want to keep an eye on him.
So frustrating watching McKay deliver that news. Get my girl Emily on it, she at least will put some enthusiasm into it

Will be interesting to see what we do at team selection.

MK x 2 should both be straight back in if they're fit, but shouldn't be considered if they're still sore.

Would suggest Phillips and Kerridge are most likely to miss if they are available for selection. Phillips unlucky - he was very good against West Coast - but we cannot afford to go with 2 rucks against the Dogs at Etihad.

O'Shea the other one who will likely miss, was really poor against the Eagles but also copped a knock, would suggest his replacement will be either Weitering or Cuningham. If JW is fit, he has to come in - will learn absolutely nothing in the VFL, and there is no point playing him at that level.

We're a big chance here, Dogs are playing some shocking football at the moment. Just need to be smart at the selection table and ensure we bring effort from the first bounce.

The chance for Weitering to play the legitimate third tall with Jones an Rowe in the key spots is to good to pass up - let him get his confidence level up taking intercept marks and racking up the possessions.

The chance for Weitering to play the legitimate third tall with Jones an Rowe in the key spots is to good to pass up - let him get his confidence level up taking intercept marks and racking up the possessions.

think that is correct, Let Rowe lead them and leaving Jones and Weiters to do what they do

WB in 2018 are transitioning their game style to a more kicking game. A look at the stats shows there isn't much between the two sides - except WB have an all game average better disposal efficiency than Carlton- on most measures apart from marks taken and DE there are marginal differences.

So it will get down to a basic game of midfield V midfield. In this game both Kreuzer and Kennedy would be good 'ins' - however less than 100% fitness will be punished and I hope Bolton doesn't feel the need to go back to that place. For mine Kerridge stays even if Kennedy is fit and good to go for now I can live with Kerridge's inevitable clangers in return for his 4 quarter efforts as far as getting to contests goes.

It is no secret that WB play Etihad well and Carlton doesn't. No doubt it is a less weather affected track and having enough foot speed to match WB will be a factor. To this end - it is a shame that Cuningham has failed to delver defensive qualities in line with his attacking capabilities. I think all of O'Shea/Lamb and Garlett are not anything better. Mullett is ahead of these three as far as game impact goes and Garlett has some foot speed so is probably safe - despite poor form. Until Mckay updates his injury list - hard to pick a side to play against WB.

Should be a close hard fought game - despite Carlton's outs one would think.

Agree Rowe brings stability and strenght to defence Jones , Weiters and Marchbank can then do what they do best , provide some drive and attacking defense.
and where is Alex Silvagni and Macreadie going to play?
You cannot play as many talls in back as we have been using for last 18 months and expect to improve. The next step is balancing it out with more smalls down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back