VFL Round 7 - Collingwood vs Sandringham at Victoria Park (Pies WON 92-78, KK with 6 goals! #FreeHugs)

Remove this Banner Ad

I could care less if Kirby isn't in prime physical shape.

He has displayed an ability to kick goals, tackle strong and jump on opponents backs at VFL level for both Richmond and Collingwood.

For a fat bastard he must be doing a lot right.

He's 182cm and built like a brick and as a small forward he doesn't need elite endurance.

And I tell you what, he starts getting dangerous inside f50 and opponents will think twice about paying him no respect and playing offensively.

At this rate I'm going to be arrested for sexual harassment.

It's okay, you're harmless, now that you've been neutered and spayed.

I'll post your bail. But that means you belong to me now...

Good to hear rivers can deliver a good spray and the boys respond positively.
K Kirby in good form, loving it

Just sat down and caught up on the comments.......thanks for that.

Good win..........how many did Bruce kick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number 33. Mayne Tagged him but did not do a Good Job

So Mayne's not even any good as a tagger? Damn....I thought that might actually be the only thing left he might be able to do.

giphy.gif

Great response after quarter time and we played some cracking footy thereafter. An omen is there ever was one was the magpie preached on top of the netting post immediately behind the goals at the Yarra end (the end we were kicking to) for much of the second quarter.

Langdon - Not as much footy as the Box Hill game, but provided a good contest in defence with some nice spoils and marks too

Schade - Was soundly beaten in the first quarter, but as Rivers said to him at 3/4 time a great response.

McLarty - Much like Schade, beaten in the first half, but some better efforts in the second half

Keeffe - With Schade dropping back a level Keeffe returned to our forward line. Provided a good option with some nice leads and much improved as a forward today. Just needs some confidence to nail the set shots

Daicos - Didn't do much today, but his poise and class was evident during the few times he found space. Courageous as they come too, copped one high going back with the flight of the ball with a bigger opponent coming the other way.

Blair - Got better as the game went on playing as a midfielder, like always his endeavour can't be faulted and he took a lot of hits in the contest today

Lynch - Played ruck swapping with McCarthy, really impressed by his attributes today, even though I suspect he didn't get much footy. Has a nice leap and with more experience I can see the ability to win a lot of hitouts going forward.

Mayne - Like the Box Hill match played on the wing today. He's a smart footballer - knows when take possession of the ball, when to tackle, when to knock the footy on or conversely wait a fraction of a second in those situations. Also put his body on line standing under high balls in defence. Best game for the club for mine and an encouraging performance.

Kirby - Wow, great game. If there were still any doubters they'd be converted or committed (mad) after today. A natural footballer, aggressive and strong in the contest and tackling. While his goal kicking is rightfully getting all the hype currently I can see him developing into a really good midfielder in a few years.

McCarthy -
Played ruck alternating with Lynch, still lacks a bit of strength at this early stage of his career, but looks a talent

Cox - Played forward all day and I can't remember him rucking a centre bounce. Drifted in and out of the game a bit, but took some important and strong marks albeit most weren't clean grabs instead being taken on the second or third attempt, some cleaver knock ons too.

Thomas - Like Blair I noticed him more as the game went on, had a really good last quarter

Sier - Played his best in the first half where he was able to get some footy on the outside spreading to space. Doesn't mind cheekily throwing his weight around either. Certainly has the physique to play seniors, just remains to be seen whether the talent is there.

Hellier - was great having our captain back, provided some much needed leadership to the midfield group

Kelly - I'm liking his new role as a lead up half forward, took some nice marks leading up to the footy and certainly adds to our structure with this role. Much like Goldsack he has a never say die attitude too.

Gray, Tardrew and Lane were others who played good games/roles.

Rivers - I've never reviewed a coaches performance, but I was really impressed by his coaching addresses today. Gave a whack when we needed it, but then at 3 quarter time went out of his way to give praise after players responded. Kept things simple at both quarter time breaks. Also coached from the boundary today (not sure if this is a new thing?) and gave each player a pat on the back and a quick chat as they came off.​

Just got home from the Kirby show at Vic Park, wow what fun that was. Those three goals he got just before hald time were so bloody good.

Short review;

8 - Tom Langdon; Played ok deep in defense, took some strong marks, made some nice spoils but made some absolutely terrible decisions by foot and hands. They weren't skill errors really, more just stupid decisions.
11- Blair; Went ok, probably had a heap of the ball in the end, but please, this is his level now, leave him there.
16 - Mayne; Played him up the ground more, and even off half back at times, his best VFL game for a month
23; Keeffe; played forward almost the entire game, and was okay without being anything special.
24; Thomas; Looked slow today, didn't have a good game I thought, but stats may say otherwise.
26; Josh Daicos; Played off half back a lot and had impact at times. Missed a set shot in the last he should have kicked, not pushing for a senior game off today though.
27; Kayle Kirby; He went okay.:p
34; Mcarthy; Played in the ruck today and actually showed some talent. Took two really nice marks on leads in the first half. Developing well.
35; Mclarty, played deep back, on Bruce for a lot of the game after Schade got killed by JB early on. Went well, love it when he takes the game on.
36; Sier; The unicorn played, well sort of.
41; Schade; Was smashed early by Bruce, almost embarassed really. Then was moved off him and played ok, taking the kick ins and hitting targets.
44; Mackie; Receives a nice handball or two, doensn't have a huge impact on games though.
45; Lynch; Number one ruck for most of the game, developing really well.
46; Cox; Played forward today for most of the game and presetned well. Still drops more marks then he takes but took a few key ones in the second half.

Of the VFL boys Borthwick, Hellier, Kelly and Lane were pretty good.

A win we had to have, but wow Kirby, can't say enough about how exciting he is really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back