Preview Round 7, St. Kilda vs GWS Giants, Friday 5th May, 7.50pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Should it be though? It's not like the membership didn't see or haven't been made aware of the incident, some kind of explanation feels owed.
Don't disagree, but would be surprised if anything is said. If that was Pendlebury on Moore, then the Melbourne media wouldn't let up until there was a statement.

At one of our home games last year I recall Lobb signalling to trainer, think he wanted to come off, and trainer told him to keep playing. Which he did.

I also feel like it's odd that Buntine played for so long with a bung ACL. Surely at some point you say "I don't feel right" and get a scan.

Heater yelling abuse at Whitfield in the panic of the last quarter of the Dogs prelim, Lachie turning his back and walking away.

Some odd little moments.

Although perhaps I'm noticing more of this stuff because the Giants are the one team I have regularly seen live. (Growing up in SA, Adelaide was a bit too far away to get to games...)

At one of our home games last year I recall Lobb signalling to trainer, think he wanted to come off, and trainer told him to keep playing. Which he did.

I also feel like it's odd that Buntine played for so long with a bung ACL. Surely at some point you say "I don't feel right" and get a scan.

Heater yelling abuse at Whitfield in the panic of the last quarter of the Dogs prelim, Lachie turning his back and walking away.

Some odd little moments.

Although perhaps I'm noticing more of this stuff because the Giants are the one team I have regularly seen live. (Growing up in SA, Adelaide was a bit too far away to get to games...)
I think all of this is really about the players not accepting mediocrity as GG said in another thread. Not sure it's really that much of an issue in the heat of the moment and frustration of losing.
One thing I did notice about Lobb in 2015 is he was never backward about telling the mids where to position. It surprised me that a raw ruckman would be giving instructions in a midfield that included Ward.
Maybe he was just calling his intent in the tap and he's in the best position to know though.

This one I can answer - it's possible to have a partially torn ACL and not notice any symptoms. The strength in the remaining part of the ligament is enough to prevent any "knee weakness" (the usual symptom) so unless you actually have a proper scan you might not find out.

Watched the first 3/4 of the game and it was a great contest with both teams hard at it and also i could see promising signs from the key Giants mids and Cogs was good in his first game back don't need to watch the final quarter again
I will put the last quarter fade down to the Saints seeing an opportunity, tired Giants team, down a rotation and coming of the hard contest v the Doggies but hopefully they learn from the result

I don't get the defence of Stevens (I just thought it was Big Footy nongs, but bloody Alan Richardson just regurgitated it on AFL360) that it was somehow Wilson's fault for not letting go of the ball and bracing himself.

Effing Joke!

This topic is this weeks instalment on the 'AFL created monsters' story.
Last week was Toby Greene's temper.
Then Phil Davis' bullying team mates.
Then Wilson not protecting himself.

It was obvious St. Kilda coaching had targeted Wilson for the day, the idea being you hit him hard and he can't hurt you on the rebound.
He got absolutely coat-hangered in the first play of the day, the one that ended with Jezza's soccer goal, it was physical, high, and went un-noticed by umpires, commentators etc.
Later, after kicking a great goal from the 50, he got tackled aggressively, was hurt, and didn't really do much when he came back on.

Alan Richardson would defend the tackle, it was his directive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back