VFL Round 7: Williamstown vs Essendon, Point Gellibrand Oval, Saturday 11/05, 3:05 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think they’re choking so much as they’re completely out of gas.
running out of gas is choking. If you have history in doing this then better use your "gas" in game. Time your runs, time your momentum shifts better. Think it's something like 4 games this year (at VFL level) that we have given up 4th quarter leads and lost

running out of gas is choking. If you have history in doing this then better use your "gas" in game. Time your runs, time your momentum shifts better. Think it's something like 4 games this year (at VFL level) that we have given up 4th quarter leads and lost

Williamstown were also kicking with a significant breeze for the last quarter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First up you run out of gas when you run out of gas . It is not choking . If one team has better endurance and players who have been in the system longer it is what it is .

Losing to the top side when we are an inexperienced side is going to happen. At least we have been really competitive against n the last 3 weeks and the listed players are getting a good work out .

His best game. Came up the field more and i can only remember him running under the ball once. Davey useful too. And good game from Reid. Bit nervy early which is understandable but got a lot of the ball.
Would be awesome to see Jaydon make a debut on Dreamtime at the G.

Reid played well, but needs to tidy up some of his short kicks. I remember three shitty little kicks that put us under pressure.

Would be awesome to see Jaydon make a debut on Dreamtime at the G.

Reid played well, but needs to tidy up some of his short kicks. I remember three shitty little kicks that put us under pressure.
Unless he kicks a few next week, I dont think that is realistic. Maybe by end of the year. He might get his brother's spot. Would be shades of the Waugh twins!

Unless he kicks a few next week, I dont think that is realistic. Maybe by end of the year. He might get his brother's spot. Would be shades of the Waugh twins!
I’d rather him than Alwyn.

Not so much choking as just poor defensively. Choking would be missing kicks and skill execution because you can't handle the pressure. They killed us out of the middle in the last 15 minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back