Game Day Round 8, 2023 v Geelong at Kardinia Park. Crows by a cat's whisker?

Remove this Banner Ad

It specifically is a reward for fumbling

That's exactly, precisely what it is
It doesn’t matter if he fumbled one bit, it’s still a clear free kick. Oh but it was one of the big footy whipping boys that fumbled so we will blame the player. Just like if a player fumbles and gets pushed in the back, it’s still a free kick.

A big problem with the Keays holding decision is the same problem with his complaining to umpires.
He is way to animated with both. Gives away 50's and comes close to doing so many other times and his overplaying for frees, leaning back into players, flailing the arms etc makes the umpires just be like "nah"

There was some really good performances by some but you don't win a game down at Geelong with half your team gone missing.

A big problem with the Keays holding decision is the same problem with his complaining to umpires.
He is way to animated with both. Gives away 50's and comes close to doing so many other times and his overplaying for frees, leaning back into players, flailing the arms etc makes the umpires just be like "nah"
His hair style says a lot about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it ain’t. A player drops a mark, then gets cannoned into or arm over the shoulder, what happens?
He would have got a free/50m whether he marked the ball or not for high contact/in the back in that case

His failure didn't create the free

Yeah so embarrassing watching a player kick a ball that has no bearing on the match but the exact same player kicks a nice goal when the game was on the line.
Surely a professional footballer can kick a ball with some proficiency. I don't know what our recruiting dept saw in him.

I’m struggling to watch some of these games.

The level of diving and playing for frees and the way the umpires fall for it is getting worse.

The inconsistencies are enjoyment draining.

Until we are way better than these teams, we won’t have a buffer to deal with the crap in game day … let alone the fun that comes with the fixture / trades / draft.

I waste a lot of energy in this crap.

A rule is a rule though. You’re just not allowed to hold a player let alone for so long, doesn’t matter what happened earlier.

The rules aren't very clear on the precise length of time you can tackle a player who drops the ball. It's not something that umpires need have a lot of sympathy for in my view.

Also didn't deserve to be illegally keept out of the contest.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He wasn't. He could have had the ball. He failed.

That he then tried to draw a free, and didn't get one breaks your heart, but is hardly a travesty of justice.

He picks the ball up and goals, we don't need to complain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back