Game Day Round 8, 2023 v Geelong at Kardinia Park. Crows by a cat's whisker?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't 'hate' him- but he constantly *s up at important times by failing to do the basic and trying to do things reserved for the elite.

He had the ball, he fumbled, he failed to execute, we didn't score, we lost.

The idea that we should focus on the umpires rather than ever being accountable for our own * ups is the precise wrong approach.
Yes he does * up.

But that was still holding.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

matt crouch had the most matt crouch statline i've ever seen.

12 touches, 2 kicks, 10 handballs, 2 tackles -16 meters gained. never the sort of player who should be a sub.
And 2 of those handballs missed their target by metres that killed a momentum chain each time as he was breaking clear of congestion..

Chris Scott, the lad can coach.

That result is pretty reflective of where we're at, I reckon. We're a decent side, plucky, up-and-coming, but still a level off the top sides.

When key moments came up, Geelong made them count. We didn't. That's the difference.

That was about 2/3rds of Geelong's team, without Dangerfield for a half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch. It. Again.
I've watched it again

It's not a free kick in a million years. No one would ever get a free kick for that. You blokes are absolutely kidding yourselves

It’s paid a lot actually
If a player kicks or handballs and then gets held, then yes

If a player never has the ball and gets held, then yes

If the player has the ball and gets tackled legally it isn't

I've watched it again

It's not a free kick in a million years. No one would ever get a free kick for that. You blokes are absolutely kidding yourselves
He doesn’t drop the ball.
He doesn’t fumble the ball.
He doesn’t have prior, so it’s not like he took too long and got caught removing any benefit of the doubt.

The ball is clearly dislodged in the tackle.
The tacklers arm literally punches it out of his hands as he lays the tackle.

That’s play on, as it was called.

The tackler then proceeds to wrap his arm around his waist and leave it there, in what is a clear holding the man free kick.

Which part of that do you dispute?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back