Game Day Round 8, 2023 v Geelong at Kardinia Park. Crows by a cat's whisker?

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s irrelevant

It's not though.

I don't want to keep going around on this, because it's small bikkies in the big scheme of things, but people very often make very specific claims about rules that don't exist.

There is always going to be a question of fact and degree in matters of incorrect disposal about whether it should be pinged, and if not when a free should be paid the other way and when. The umpires, in my view, should never err on the side of rewarding a player who bottles it and fails to take possession.

Focussing on this is a distraction from the most important issue: that we came up small in the big moment.

He doesn’t drop the ball.
He doesn’t fumble the ball.
He doesn’t have prior, so it’s not like he took too long and got caught removing any benefit of the doubt.

The ball is clearly dislodged in the tackle.
The tacklers arm literally punches it out of his hands as he lays the tackle.

That’s play on, as it was called.

The tackler then proceeds to wrap his arm around his waist and leave it there, in what is a clear holding the man free kick.

Which part of that do you dispute?
Every single part

The tackle wasn't even a strong "ball jolts free" one and he barely held him afterwards, unless every single ruck contest is a missed free

If this decision is us being hard by, the good news is that we can blame all previous and future losses on umpiring decisions

Every single part

The tackle wasn't even a strong "ball jolts free" one and he barely held him afterwards, arm around as happens at every stoppage

If this decision is us being hard by, the good news is that we can blame all previous and future losses on umpiring decisions
They knock the ball out in the tackle and wrap their arms around his waist and hold him, stopping him from getting the ball.

There has never been a more obvious holding the man in human existence.

Here's the clip looped, so you can watch how extraordinarily obvious it is.

View attachment 1680105Every single part

The tackle wasn't even a strong "ball jolts free" one and he barely held him afterwards, arm around as happens at every stoppage

It didn’t have to be hard, he knocks the ball out of his hands with his arm in the process of tackling.

Look, I’ve never said it’s cost us the game just calling what I and most people see as a pretty clear free kick.

This is the stupidest s**t you've ever posted.
I mean... when you're at the football and sitting near an umpire yeller, do you sit there thinking Hmmm even though he's sitting by himself and there's spittle coming out of his mouth when he yells, I think he's making some valid points and offering up some keen observations

They knock the ball out in the tackle and wrap their arms around his waist and hold him, stopping him from getting the ball.

There has never been a more obvious holding the man in human existence.

Here's the clip looped, so you can watch how extraordinarily obvious it is.

What earth are you watching?

The ball was "punched" out of Keays piddlingly weak grip for one reason and one reason only:

His complete and utter lack of awareness.

Do you honestly see a bone crunching tackle that blasts the ball out of his steely grip?

Keays got caught unawares. Then, humiliated, tries to draw a soft free in the last few minutes of a game.

??????

Rachele and Rankine's best this year is better than anything Pedlar has produced.

Pedlar hasnt taken the next step. He is showing some nice signs.

I really dont think 8 touches today counts as taking the next step.
Watch it again. Don't watch his disposals. Watch his impact and future impact once he hits 50 games. He was our most impactful player today. Pedlar will be a mid and with all due respect to Rankine he never will be. I hope Rachele turns into a gun mid like Pedlar will be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ae993e0bb922cb2b2e668d927fbd7946.jpg

The ugly.. would’ve been 6 points down with over 4 to play, and with all the momentum.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What earth are you watching?

The ball was "punched" out of Keays piddlingly weak grip for one reason and one reason only:

His complete and utter lack of awareness.

Do you honestly see a bone crunching tackle that blasts the ball out of his steely grip?

Keays got caught unawares. Then, humiliated, tries to draw a soft free in the last few minutes of a game.

The ball was knocked out of his hands in the tackle. His awareness is completely irrelevant.

He is then obviously and blatantly held. The arm is wrapped around him, holding him off the ball, ffs.

This couldn't be more obvious.

ae993e0bb922cb2b2e668d927fbd7946.jpg

The ugly.. would’ve been 6 points down with over 4 to play, and with all the momentum.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Williamson has to be one of the worst umpires in the AFL.

It's the bad ones you notice consistently...

So who is getting suspended for the dangerous tackle that smashed pedlars head into the ground?
That would be Bradley Close.
It wasn't all that fierce but his arms were pinned and his head hit the ground. Guaranteed suspension in the current environment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back