Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

This is beautiful, From a West coast supporter on the carlton thread.

Collingwood have hacked football. It, like reality, is a simulation, and McRae is some mad genius who coded the program so they always win (or never lose) the close ones. The probability of so many close wins is way beyond chance. No point letting it upset anymore, just gotta accept it. Just going to assume they'll do this to win flags until Fly retires.

The thoughts of someone seeing them win a close one for the millionth times.

This is beautiful, From a West coast supporter on the carlton thread.

Collingwood have hacked football. It, like reality, is a simulation, and McRae is some mad genius who coded the program so they always win (or never lose) the close ones. The probability of so many close wins is way beyond chance. No point letting it upset anymore, just gotta accept it. Just going to assume they'll do this to win flags until Fly retires.

The thoughts of someone seeing them win a close one for the millionth times.
rent free

Just got home from the game. I cant think, I cant sleep. What an effing win!!!

They were sooo cocky, and then Nick put them to sleep and tucked them in.

Just an incredible performance, cant wait to see the replay.

HH & Sully really stood up. Real pity about Beau though, he'll miss next week, but we know now what he is capable of in the middle - he'll be a real weapon.

And Darcy is back, what a game from the skipper.

I think Pendles has 2 more years left in him, the record beckons and it will be so deserved.

Only 1 goal between Hill, Checkers & Billy, and we still beat them. I am just over the moon.

The noise when Nick kicked that goal was just insane!!

Really need to back this up over the next few weeks, we cant be giving this win back against a lesser side.

GO PIES!!!!!

To be fair the changing room environment is probably the first place you’d expect to be able to speak freely. Roaming BT is a bit of a killjoy in that respect, you don’t want to have to edit yourself in those blissful moments after a big win
It's the second time this has happened to him. Just making an observation rather than being critical. Like shooting Bambi.

In one of the most exciting finishes ever, Luke Hodge’s commentary after the Daicos goal had all the excitement of a funeral. He was then campaigning for Pendlebury to be pinged for deliberate. Just like the GF commentary, so biased.
Every goal we kick is like a dagger piercing Hodge’s heart. Poor commentator who can’t disassociate his bias - I’d love to see Hawthorn finish bottom this season, for Hodgey and Jordy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh bloody good player, don’t get me wrong.
But escaping the suspension that ruled him ineligible for the medal, when he clearly whacked the guy, makes him the most undeserved winner ever.
Maybe so. I just find him hard to dislike. Poor barstard has to play for Carlton, but he seem like a pretty likable sort of bloke. I think I like the fact that he plays hard without the inclination to duck his head and play for free kicks

In one of the most exciting finishes ever, Luke Hodge’s commentary after the Daicos goal had all the excitement of a funeral. He was then campaigning for Pendlebury to be pinged for deliberate. Just like the GF commentary, so biased.
He still hasn't recovered from "that" advantage call!

Incredible win. Absolutely buzzing with excitement.

The most significant aspect of the victory is the way we defeated Carlton at their own game. Carlton are renowned for their clearance dominance and punishing from stoppage yet we beat them in all key metrics this evening:
  • Clearances = Carlton 40-44 Collingwood
  • Centre Clearances = Carlton 11-12 Collingwood
  • Stoppage Clearances = Carlton 29-32 Collingwood
  • Tackles = Carlton 54-88 Collingwood
Similar to Elliott's match winner against Carlton a few years back, Nick Daicos' goal will go down in Collingwood folklore and give Carlton nightmares for years to come. A legendary moment from a generational talent.

Pendles at the age of 36 is simply incredible. I'm in awe of what he can still produce at his age. We're been blessed to have him for 18 years and counting. He consistently stands up in the big moments and has that touch of class very few have.

After starting the season 0-3, we've now rebounded to be 4-1-3 and given ourselves a chance to really launch our season now.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend and a Happy Easter to all those celebrating this weekend.

Great win from your team. Carlton are a good side and you had no JDG and Titch. Naicos for Brownlow and that clutch goal came in need for the win :)

This win should boost your hopes to go back to back. Could've won by more if you kicked straight and made better opportunities of your inside 50 dominance.
cheers-beer.gif

Cheers mate 🍻

Remove this Banner Ad

Back