Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Had SEN sync happening and as usual great call. Heard BT call Nick and it was so dull, wtf is wrong with ch7? They spend all their cash on criminals and scrape the bottom of the barrel for commentators.
Can't stand Brayshaw and Taylor. It all seems so forced and they sound like they're taking the piss most of the time. Lord, I wish they'd replace them with any number of options out there.

Had SEN sync happening and as usual great call. Heard BT call Nick and it was so dull, wtf is wrong with ch7? They spend all their cash on criminals and scrape the bottom of the barrel for commentators.
It was very dull, and then Hodge is moaning about Pendles' kick from the next centre clearance claiming it's deliberate.

We deserve better than the rubbish that Ch7 produces.

Isn't it beautiful? :D

e90c8e79902a3a1c3d87d9534489a2e833098a0c

Well done to Noble Pendlebury Josh Daicos Crisp

Darcy Moore his best game in 12 months literally

Nick Daicos his best game of the year. Freak

Harvey Harrison looks like he'll make it

Sullivan was decent, has good composure.

Mcreery was looking great until his injury which is a shame.

WHE Sidebottom and Markov in trouble

And… Nick is a freak.

Will go down as one of the best ever. You can have your Walsh’s, Rayner, JHF etc… but that sh*t is undefinable. Other coaches will know it. We have it. Just get the right talent around him. Please Collingwood. Then we may be talking Bulls 6 championship type stuff. We can dream…

Yeah, same.
Taylor's commentary shits me, so haven't heard any of them for ages.

Key back retired
Key forward missing
2 starting mids missing
A half forward turned mid subbed off early
Going into the game with indifferent form

And carlton still can’t beat us, they’re no premiership threat, they’re barely a finals threat
I think it was an extraordinary performance by the Pies. Our best win for a long time (AFL GF aside).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s fair, however I didn’t hear him constantly complaining when Elliott copped a high fend in our forward 50 or when there were two tackles in succession in the third inside our forward 50 and play was waved on.

For whatever reason, certain Hawthorn players from the 2010s era seem to really dislike us. Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis spring to mind.
That Elliott one should have been play on because he got Cerra high so I’m not to critical of the commentary there. He was red hot though on Williams and Boyd’s stoppage tactics against Shoota and Elliott. He was also quick to point out the arm chop on Cox while BT was pontificating about Cox getting nowhere near touching it. I mean no s**t BT Pittonet did a pretty damn good Bruce Lee impersonation to allow TDK to mark.

Lewis though is one I genuinely think is biased against us. It’s subtle, but the praise is always tempered and the criticism sharp. Pre match Lyon turns to the panel members and asks Walsh or Naicos? Lo and behold Lewis picks Walsh that type of stuff.

Last edited:
As a fan I feel dirty saying it but I actually enjoy watching Carlton play. But I'll be f***ed, every time WE play them, I couldn't hate a side more. Their fan base, there's just something that makes me see red. And boy, I love nothing more than when we beat em.

Perfect start to a weekend.

Easy our best win so far this season. I remember hearing "Korn" on Friday morning saying that Carlton was one of his most confident tips this round, and we were no hope. Love the media writing us off at times during this season so far.
They don't factor in we started our season earlier, after a premiership. We struggled in the early rounds, because of the early start, plus we were developing some new facets to our game plan.
We are getting better every week, the players are now settling into the game style we want to play. We have added a few players in Schultz, Harrison and now Sullivan to the mix. I think these guys will get better and better, which makes us better at the business end of the season.
Fly and our coaching staff are very good at what they do, and will always make good decisions regarding the team selection wise etc. We should never doubt them really...
Plus we have two GOATS 🐐 at the club. One current in Pendles and one future in Naicos. Two brilliant players, and Pendles is just a freak. To continue what he is doing, still to this day, at his age and number of games played, is unbelievable.
Naicos is just brilliant to watch. What a player, and how fortunate we are to have a Pendles for such a long period of time, with Naicos coming up under him, and getting taught by one of the greatest of all time. Naicos' brother goes ok too......
Brilliant win, season re-established, top 4 still in our sights, and the B2B 🏆🏆dream is still alive.......

Reckon the biggest concern for Carlton in that game has to be that not only could they not have played much better than they did, basically everything went their way on the night and they still lost (and should have lost by more)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back