Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

If we had lost, would you still have said Frammers played a great game?
Sir Frampton had some good moments I thought. Highlights: being part of the gang tackle with Maynard on Curnow that lead to Shoota's goal just before half-time. And winning that aerial wing contest against Curnow in the last, then wheeling around him like he wasn't there... delicious.

What is exciting is 6 of our next 7 opponents are in the bottom 10 - we have a serious chance to make our move on top four and a premiership in the next 7 weeks at least.

Losses to Sydney and St Kilda at the G were tough to watch but we arguably got them back at the Gabba and wins against Port and Carlton. 5-3 would have been the reasonable expectation at the start of the year up until this point. We're 4-1-3 and in impressive form.

Think GWS and Melbourne up and down form is keeping the top 4 alive for us as well.

Carlton put so much ball through Curnow and Mckay that the reality is they're both going to kick multiple goals. I thought Frammers and Moore played great games on Friday night.

Yeah this is it. Quite late in the game and Carltank had only three goal kickers, McKay/Curnow/Owies. And Owies got his first from a complete BS free kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on the MRP review on the Bruzzy incident.

While it’s great news that he rightly got off and Owies was laughably slapped down by the panel for diving……

I have to ask why the MRP made any comment at all. Maynard was not remotely guilty of any offence… it wasn’t even marginal. I feel it’s just because it was Maynard that it drew a mention at all and if it was any other player it would not have drawn a review.

It probably wasn’t even a free tbh.
Any free kick given for a dangerous tackle is automatically looked at by the MRO. Thought that would have been fairly obvious.

Any free kick given for a dangerous tackle is automatically looked at by the MRO. Thought that would have been fairly obvious.
obvious.

Whether something qualifies as a “ Dangerous tackle “ is sometimes determined by the level of media attention. It’s just human nature.

I saw a one armed sling tackle today that resulted in head hitting turf. Don’t recall the players but I’m sure I won’t be reading an MRO review because the players and clubs involved didn’t attract a tax.

Whether something qualifies as a “ Dangerous tackle “ is sometimes determined by the level of media attention. It’s just human nature.

I saw a one armed sling tackle today that resulted in head hitting turf. Don’t recall the players but I’m sure I won’t be reading an MRO review because the players and clubs involved didn’t attract a tax.
The qualification for the MRO to look at it is the umpire giving a free kick for it, the rest is irrelevant. If the sling tackle you saw resulted in a free kick then once again, the MRO will have a look.

As for the MRO explanation, it was a highly unusual incident that was scrutinised immediately by commentators and media alike because the player who received the free looked like they’d intentionally caused the contact. Normally a dangerous tackle will be immediately graded by the book. If an incident occurs like this which absolves the player making the tackle then the MRO will usually provide an explanation as to why they haven’t been charged. The club tax theory you’re putting out there is nonsense.

Pendlebury’s kick was for space to kill time rather than trying to find the boundary. Very smartly weighted. Even though it trickled over the line the lead up player just got close enough. Despite Hodge’s angst last night there’s no rule saying a player has to kick the footy forward.
Hodge would have done the same kick when he was playing.

Pendlebury’s kick was for space to kill time rather than trying to find the boundary. Very smartly weighted. Even though it trickled over the line the lead up player just got close enough. Despite Hodge’s angst last night there’s no rule saying a player has to kick the footy forward.
Hodge was literally on the verge of tears then. He’s got the salt bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back