Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it basically HH or Fin for the 23rd player given Sullivan and Markov coming in?

Seems like it.
Not sure who I’d pick in that case. HH would be stiff to miss out. Sort of seems logical for Fin to come in but I get the feeling we might use a few different rotations realising that no one is a direct replacement for JDG and as Markov appears to be coming in I think we are going for pace as the Blues are not a fast team to my eyes.
For me it would come down to who’s the faster and better tackler of the two.

So is it basically HH or Fin for the 23rd player given Sullivan and Markov coming in?

Not sure who I’d pick in that case. HH would be stiff to miss out. Sort of seems logical for Fin to come in but I get the feeling we might use a few different rotations realising that no one is a direct replacement for JDG and as Markov appears to be coming in I think we are going for pace as the Blues are not a fast team to my eyes.
For me it would come down to who’s the faster and better tackler of the two.
Nobody actually knows. Only guessing on what may happen
Only thing we know for sure is that Sullivan will debut. Apart from that is anyone's guess.

He got told he'd play the same role this year. Half forward and rotating on ball. He cracked the sh1ts and left the building.
If that's true it's a strange one. He and his manager mustn't follow the Swans. Longmire rarely plays a bloke in the same role 3 weeks in a row. He throws them all over the shop.

We are missing 3 best 22 players and they're missing around 8. We have to take our chances in front of goal.

I make it 4 with JDG, Mitchell, McStay and Murphy all unavailable. Arguably, your FF, FB and your 2 main mids carries a bit more weight than a few flankers. Especially if they get Cerra back for the game.

He got told he'd play the same role this year. Half forward and rotating on ball. He cracked the sh1ts and left the building.
He got a better contract offer at Sydney. That’s why he left.

The man loves the Pies and would have done anything to help us win.

But, he is a professional athlete, and at his age, took the better deal.

I couldn't make out what he said when he was talking about his meeting with Fly.

But if he thinks Longmire is going to just plug him into the midfield, he hasn't followed the Swannies. Someone will be best on ground in the centre and the next week they'll play on the back flank, next week wing, etc.

I know that this might sound strange but could Noble be out for structural reasons?

IN: Markov, Macrae, Sullivan
OUT: Mitchell, De Goey, Noble

Probably not but Noble trained in white whilst Markov was in black so just theorising.

Mmm wasn’t happy with a perceived lack of transparency but when things became transparent regarding his role wasn’t happy with what he heard. I think that’s a pretty common human response. Shed a tear for both he and JFN watching the GF after match and both played a crucial role in getting us to the big dance. Hope he does well at the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Degoey sure does miss his fair share of games each year.
Over the last four seasons, he’s played 67 games out of a possible 83.
Not that bad.

True. I’m trying to figure out if we intend to play Markov and Noble in the starting 22.
Seems likely to me.

The mids out can be covered from within the team.

Crisp, Pendles, Nick, Lippa, Sullivan.

Markov to cover the defensive rotations they normally do. Sullivan or Harrison to cover Lippas forward role.

I doubt we'll bring in two, who knows how they'll go, mids in Sullivan and Macrae alongside Harrison for a Carlton game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back