Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we go on about it, but we older posters are trying to prepare you youngsters for the worst. Life is hell when Carlton are successful. It’s literally unbearable.

I’ve been texting today with some of my old Pies friends. Without exception, we are terrified of what might happen. If not tonight, then in September. It’s like preparing for Armageddon.
My old man and half his family go for Carlton. I think it's like a karmic, past life suffering thing. If you believe in reincarnation.

Seriously, most of them are frail, grumpy, entitled old campaigner$. You can't imagine the day after losing to Carlton, and living with one of them.

My only consolation is that, one day, we all push up daisies. That'll be one less Carlton fan on this God forsaken rock, that we will have to deal with harassing us about football, in public.

I should also ninja edit, and correct that young man's pronoun from a previous posy. He's a zoomer. I'm a millennial. Having grouped him into my demographic, I need to go bath several times with battery acid.

my cousin is married to a lovely lady, but her flaw is that she follows carlton, but otherwise pleasant. He on the other hand is a collingwood tragic, and not the good kind, the kind that gloats when we win and sulks big time when we lose, come to think about it he’d fit in well here, I digress.

I was talking to her a while back and she told me she’s filled with dread when she sees collingwood vs carlton on the fixture. For her there’s only two outcomes. Either she ends up living with an obnoxious bastard rubbing it in all week, or a moody bastard that won’t talk to anyone all week. Very much a lose lose for her.

My sympathy can only extend so far though, she has brought it upon herself by following carlton.
She's not a lovely lady.

Nothing more on Josh?
Anyone been at the club and seen him walk over the the G?

Yep, he's looking great :thumbsu:

0a6e977261959b2eaacf39cd2f1d502c

In all honesty and seriousness. I have a great feeling about tonight. I can usually feel when we will perform and when we won't. i genuinely believe that we are going to be in this right up until the end and finish in front
I am completely the opposite to you.
I just can't imagine us winning this game with DeGoey and Mitchell out. We always struggle against big key forwards and these muppets have two of them.
I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

My thoughts go out to anyone at the game tonight that is stuck sitting next to a Carlton supporter. I’ll be thinking of you.
My dad got given a free ticket by his Carlton supporting mate, smack bang in the Carlton cheer squad. At least he will have another pies supporter mate with him.

I am completely the opposite to you.
I just can't imagine us winning this game with DeGoey and Mitchell out. We always struggle against big key forwards and these muppets have two of them.
I hope you're right and I'm wrong.
Sadly, I’m with you.
I’m super pessimistic about tonight.

And today is the slowest day I can remember!!

Just have to hope the umps don’t use their once year, “give Charlie cheap frees for being barely touched” card

I love how all the rage is on the Blues. All the "experts" are tipping them, Kane Cornes said they should "win comfortably".

Sure they should be favourites but I think it's overdone, they've only played 2 good halves against Brisbane and GWS. 1 win from last 3. It will be tight.

KC is actually quite a clever chap… He manipulates the public to maintain relevance.

His comment “win comfortably” is layered. I don’t think he genuinely believes this and is quietly banking on the Pies winning. This comment then gets a massive amount of airtime and general backlash from the public forum. This is where his persona thrives!

If the Blues do win. He simply looks to be an astute judge of current team performance.

KC has been a divisive and intelligent in how he’s promoted himself as a football analyst. He’s the current villain, the industry needs and he plays this role to perfection…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The good news is Carlton’s goals are highly concentrated though their talls so you know who the threat is. Motlop is tracking nicely but not there, their next best goal kicker is Kennedy I think, a drift forward type?

We have speed and more variety in our goal kickers as a plus. I also like us in games where no one tips us, eg vs Lions, or any other game the last 20 years.

Did Billy F play against them last time? He adds a better dynamic for us playing against tall forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just have to hope the umps don’t use their once year, “give Charlie cheap frees for being barely touched” card
Once?
Wait, what?

Need the likes of Sidey, Crispy, Howey, Q etc to LIFT & show the way for better disposal chains.
Plus, F50 would want to take most of their chances.

A fitting post from a famous pies BF poster re: Carlton:

"Is that right mate.. is that right.. lol mate.. haa hee.. last time Carlton was all the flash mate.... when Alf Stewart was going off like a frog in a sock to Rose Tattoo's greatest hits mate.. on cassette mate.. on cassette mate.. on his Fossey's li-lo mate.. on his Fossey's li-lo mate.. rofl mate.. rofl mate.. that's it mate.. forget about it mate.. forget about it."

The good news is Carlton’s goals are highly concentrated though their talls so you know who the threat is. Motlop is tracking nicely but not there, their next best goal kicker is Kennedy I think, a drift forward type?

We have speed and more variety in our goal kickers as a plus. I also like us in games where no one tips us, eg vs Lions, or any other game the last 20 years.

Did Billy F play against them last time? He adds a better dynamic for us playing against tall forwards.
They have that little w***er Owies.
The more unknown they are the more likely they are to kick a bag vs us.

Carlton’s top 5 or 6 are top class. The other 16 or 17 just good ordinary toilers
McGovern Saad and Docherty are big outs for them
If we minimise the damage of their top tier we are right in this. Need our small forwards to create havoc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back