Autopsy Round 9, 2020: St.Kilda v Sydney *PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Steele should be in without a doubt

Hard to argue anyone else. We are very evenly spread right now.
Who does Steele replace ? I haven't seen who was chosen.
I'll guess at Neale, Macrae & Boak as starting mids with Gawn

I was in the camp who thougt the Carlsile stuff was really poor form but I'm absolutely not here for Jordan Lewis banging on about what a bad look it is and how the Hawks boys we've brought across want to change that culture.

Lewis and his team were some of the most dirty players of the last 15 years. Lake choked a player. Mitchell made a habit of kneeing players. Lewis himself was dirty. Stratton pinched players' arms. Kidding himself is Lewis.

Last edited:
I was in the camp who thougt the Carlsile stuff was really poor form but I'm absolutely not here for Jordan Lewis banging on about what a bad look it is and how the Hawks boys we've brought across want to change that culture.

Lewis and his mob were some of the most dirty players of the last 15 years. Lake choked a player. Mitchell made a habit of kneeing players. Lewis himself was dirty. Stratton pinched players' arms. Kidding himself is Lewis.
275399A4-0264-42F6-9DFE-02399EC6CAB7.gif

Coaches Votes

VOTES
PLAYER (CLUB)
8 Zak Jones (STK)
7 Jack Steele (STK)
7 Jade Gresham (STK)
6 Nick Hind (STK)
1 Hunter Clark (STK)
1 Luke Parker (SYD)

Steele moves to equal 2nd overall with 39 votes (equal with Boak). He has now polled votes in 8/9 rounds which is the most of any player.

Voting breakdown would be
5 Gresh/Steele
4 Jones/Jones
3 Hind/Hind
2 Steele/Gresh
1 Hunter/Parker

Jones getting best on agains the Swans, Butler against the Tigers and Dougal/Ryder starring against Port is ripping banter by them.

Been good but I'd say Steele has been more influential

I'd push Macrae out, he's been racking them up this year but doesn't do much with it. Bailey Smith looks like he does more with less ball.

I'd push Macrae out, he's been racking them up this year but doesn't do much with it. Bailey Smith looks like he does more with less ball.
Bailey was good but has butchered it like an abbatoir apprentice in the past 3 weeks

Bailey was good but has butchered it like an abbatoir apprentice in the past 3 weeks

I haven't seen much of them the last couple of weeks. Macrae is a ball magnet but he's not as damaging as he used to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont care about so called experts and their AA teams.

I am old enough to remember we had 4 superstars in Lockett, Harvey, Burke and Winmar, and never won a cracker

Even a decade ago we had Goddard, Roo, Dal, Milne and Lenny and still came up short.

If we dont get one AA but win a flag would anyone mind?

Shows the even ness and balance of our team over individual.
Still if Kelly wants to come over....

Lewis and his team were some of the most dirty players of the last 15 years. Lake choked a player. Mitchell made a habit of kneeing players. Lewis himself was dirty. Stratton pinched players' arms. Kidding himself is Lewis.
Absolutely spot on. When it’s Hawthorn it’s alright when it’s St Kilda it’s culture.

Captain drove drunk - which in itself is not playing dirty in a team, but certainly didn’t live up to the “family club” culture - especially when he was slapped with a wet lettuce leaf.

Dont care about so called experts and their AA teams.

I am old enough to remember we had 4 superstars in Lockett, Harvey, Burke and Winmar, and never won a cracker

Even a decade ago we had Goddard, Roo, Dal, Milne and Lenny and still came up short.

If we dont get one AA but win a flag would anyone mind?

Shows the even ness and balance of our team over individual.
Still if Kelly wants to come over....

Champion TEAM, all the way for me.

When’s the last time we had someone that could do that. Even has the audacity to have a few bounces. I know we’ve got a few now but jeez it’s been a while. Peake? Gram? Don’t think they’d nail the kick after a run like that.

When’s the last time we had someone that could do that. Even has the audacity to have a few bounces. I know we’ve got a few now but jeez it’s been a while. Peake? Gram? Don’t think they’d nail the kick after a run like that.

We got a glimpse of that on his highlight reel when we drafted him but it's something else to see him do it in the big league.

We got a glimpse of that on his highlight reel when we drafted him but it's something else to see him do it in the big league.

Just watching the game again, Hind did a lot of sacrificial running — as did Marshall — so he got on the end of some handballs that he deserved.

What amazes me is how many goals we kicked by players on their non-preferred.

Hind, Battle, Hunter, Butler.

The excellent news is that it is hard to tell which side of the body is preferred to begin with.

Further, our defence was stellar in the third.

Stuv had a few memorable ones I reckon, probably had just as many where he shanked the kick at the end tho.

I can still remember seeing him play against plodders in the VFL when Essendon had a televised game on TV, I think it was against Werribee. He looked comically fast against VFL level speed. He looked like the Road Runner or something, he'd put the jets on and they'd be left in his wake.

The thing that has most pleasantly surprised me about Hind is that, when he was drafted and from when he played in the VFL, the knock on him was he was perceived to be a ball butcher with suspect decision-making. No one questioned his speed, more what he did with it.

As someone who only watches senior matches, I’ve never seen his disposal deficiencies in the first team. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. He’s one of the few blokes that, when he gets the ball, you can see he scans to see what the best option is, then almost always finds it. He doesn’t just blindly bomb it.

In my opinion, Hind is one of our best pick-ups of the last few years. He’s just so exciting to watch as well, he is bloody lightning out there.

He still needs to find some consistency but if he does, look out. We could legit have one of the forward stars of the comp on our hands.

The thing that has most pleasantly surprised me about Hind is that, when he was drafted and from when he played in the VFL, the knock on him was he was perceived to be a ball butcher with suspect decision-making. No one questioned his speed, more what he did with it.

As someone who only watches senior matches, I’ve never seen his disposal deficiencies in the first team. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. He’s one of the few blokes that, when he gets the ball, you can see he scans to see what the best option is, then almost always finds it. He doesn’t just blindly bomb it.

In my opinion, Hind is one of our best pick-ups of the last few years. He’s just so exciting to watch as well, he is bloody lightning out there.

He still needs to find some consistency but if he does, look out. We could legit have one of the forward stars of the comp on our hands.

It would be amazing if he turns into a gem. Talk about getting something for nothing. He seems to have the tools.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back