Preview Round 9, 2024 : Hawks v Saints, 1:45pm Sat 11th May, UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breust as sub is an absolute no brainer.
I know he hasn't been fabulous yet but if he was playing sore/injured and is actually good to go now, I feel like we need his composure and scoring abilities from the start.

For those asking about James Sicily, here’s what Kade Simpson had to say:

“Some guys have them and yeah, they can't move the next day, but he walked into my office and he's putting his hands above his head and he's like, yeah, I'm feeling pretty good.”

From Talking Hawks: Hawthorn Backline Coach Kade Simpson - Mid Season 2024, 8 May 2024

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phillips wasn't far off being BOG either

Wouldn't be a massively shocking call
Easy is also a natural leader. He was directing traffic and giving direct feedback – I remember he yelled at a BH player for his positioning, basically saying where he was standing made it so he wasn't providing a dangerous option on turnover and was, to paraphrase, doing **** all. But then gave him praise when he made a great defensive stop in the very next play.

Serong is a much quieter (as he's less experienced it makes sense) player who was extremely effective but his performance was in no small part helped by Easy.

So it probably depends how the club wants to go – do they want a bit more experience and leadership? With Sic out, I think Phillips is the logical choice. But I can see why they'd go for Jai too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back