Toast Round 9 = Collingwood 103-37 West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Joe Richards had one of the best first halves as a half forward that I can remember, let alone on debut

It was very good Gouks

Apart from Ablett Snr, Jezza, Blight, Jarman, Buckenara, Daicos Snr, Hird, Winmar, Dominator, Aker, P.Krakouer, Stevie J, Cyril, Brent Harvey, and Brad Johnson I think you nailed it

Listening to the game on ABC, Zach Tuohy made me laugh a few times with his dry one liners. We get to 74 in front with 8 mins to go, Zach: I think collingwood might hold on from here. 😂

It was very good Gouks

Apart from Ablett Snr, Jezza, Blight, Jarman, Buckenara, Daicos Snr, Hird, Winmar, Dominator, Aker, P.Krakouer, Stevie J, Cyril, Brent Harvey, and Brad Johnson I think you nailed it
A new name to add to that vaunted list...

Very good team performance. Great to see some of the younger inexperienced players go so well, especially Richards. As I don't watch any VFL and hearing how poor the team has been going its awesome we actually do have a bit of talent coming through. Are the VFL players poorly coached?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really pleased for the guys who came in. Some reward for effort, some form the Top level. Richards, Reef, Fin gives them so confidence that they can do this

Is it too harsh to be a bit disappointed we didn’t put them to the sword a bit more?
We had so much of the play I thought we should have won by 100+.
Would’ve been nice, however the shortage we had on the bench probably impacted that.

Plus we always seem to do the hard way and scrap through to win, so at least we gained some healthy percentage.

Awesome win Pies, i was a bit worried about this one. The kids played well, great to see Crisp and Steele back in form.

It would be great to have a couple of players back next week, also f*(k you Shitihad, Edihad or Marvel or whatever it's called.

We’re looking very good.

Posted a few weeks ago that we were circling the pack. Well, we’re in the pack now. Never mind the hype for some other clubs. We’re the real deal. And we still have improvement.

We’ve not lost since round 2.

We controlled the Eagles game - it was almost embarrassing. Despite debutants, in-game injuries, and only one fit player on the bench in Q4.

I like that they’re putting Fin forward. He played his bottom age year of u18’s as a small forward, and he started his career on a forward flank and looked good delivering the ball inside 50 early days. I don’t buy in to the narrative that he’s an inside mid only, he was basically drafted off of his fwd/mid work from his bottom age year.
Told yas. Best Fin has looked in the seniors since his first year. Forward/mid is his jam.

Super pleased with Reef’s effort today too, negated McGoverns intercept game for large periods and then hit the scoreboard when he went off hurt.

Richards surpised the hell out of me. Never been that impressed with him at the lower level but he stepped up his game extraordinarily today.

Howe and HH getting injured puts a dampener on the day, but overall thrilled to see some of the younger boys step up, even if it was against relatively weak opposition.

Outstanding, boys…

Crisp v v good. Nick also… but kinda expect it.

Joe Richards finally getting a chance to show the value of his clean disposal and smarts at AFL level. So happy for him.

Undermanned Backline also stood up.

And macrae also impressing.

Great day out

Go pies

We’re looking very good.

Posted a few weeks ago that we were circling the pack. Well, we’re in the pack now. Never mind the hype for some other clubs. We’re the real deal. And we still have improvement.

We’ve not lost since round 2.

We controlled the Eagles game - it was almost embarrassing. Despite debutants, in-game injuries, and only one fit player on the bench in Q4.
Yeah it's hard to believe we haven't lost since round 2 (3). It's been an impressive turnaround after a 0-3 start.

Darcy Cameron was outstanding today I thought
Gave us first use time and again and his contested marking was excellent
Maybe his best game for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back