10 Jordan De Goey (COLL)
6 Nick Daicos (COLL)
6 Esava Ratugolea (GEEL)
4 Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
2 Jack Crisp (COLL)
1 Isaac Smith (GEEL)
1 Josh Daicos (COLL)

2 Daicos' in the votes. šŸ˜
I cannot believe Tom Mitchell isn't in the votes.
10 clearances, 14 contested possessions and 2 goals.

Surely better than Crisp.

Yep, tbh i was surprised not to see Mitchell there too. But too many good players is a decent problem to have, i guess. šŸ˜…

LOL read on the Geelong board and apparently Esava was horrible, and caused turnover after turnover. On here, he was their best player, just about ended McStayā€™s career and the coaches are giving him votes!

Are you saying that you think McCreery is soft or doesn't go hard enough? Interesting. I've not heard anybody else suggesting this. I'll watch this to see what sort of response it gets.
Yes, he tackles with intent but when the ball is in dispute he is not as vigorous. Watch him closely over a few games. He dropped the mark last game (1st quarter) I think because of perceived pressure.

I care that he doesnā€™t go hard when the ball is in dispute.
ā€œIn disputeā€ā€¦.ok so what does that actually mean?
Because weā€™re now taking about ā€œin disbuteā€ vs chasing and harrassment /tackling.
Because Gini showed an amazing amount of courage last year!

So based on the above interpretationā€¦.Iā€™m taking beau over gin every day of the week.
Then add and secondary stuff and Iā€™m wondering why you want to question him?

Out of curiosityā€¦..and donā€™t look at stats, how many goals do you think beau was involved in?

Can I ask why you care about how hard he tackles?

Completely irrelevant to what we (the pies) want.

The whole point of the Pies is to entertain the fans.

McCreeryā€™s tackles are damn entertaining.

Would you say the same thing about Howeā€™s MOTY nominations or J.Daicos / Ginnivan GOTY nominations? McCreery shows why TOTY needs to be a thing.

Totally relevant.

I care that he doesnā€™t go hard when the ball is in dispute.

I was watching two noisy miners yesterday.

One was foraging trying to find worms.

The other sat back and watched.

When the first one eventually found a worm, the second one stole it off him and flew away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how seriously all the coaches take the award.

I remember Chris Scott talking one Sunday about his votes and just said he forgot to give any votes the BoG.

I was watching two noisy miners yesterday.
One was foraging trying to find worms.
The other sat back and watched.
When the first one eventually found a worm, the second one stole it off him and flew away.
I know miners can be noisy but you're referring to mynahs (sh#tty fu##en creatures)

.... carry on tackling Beau

PS - minors often noisy

Last edited:
Some good points about Beau on here. Maybe he was more focused on tackle numbers and didnā€™t put enough energy into winning the ball first when it was there.
Hopefully his great game last Friday gives him the confidence to become more of a ball winner and add an extra weapon to our side. It was definitely great to see him look so damaging.

Fun fact: we only have 7 games left against the other 7 teams in the top 8. With one win, that's turned into a pretty nice draw.

Thatā€™s probably their good fortune.

Improves their chances of actually staying in the top 8 :)

And the umpires.giving them free kicks and 50's for god knows what which gave them three goals in a row in that 3rd quarter, I'm still baffled by that Henry free, I didn't see anything that warranted a free kick
still dont know what the 50 was for. With my pies one eye, it looked like it was a consolation "you missed the first time, so lets give you another go.... but right in front now, to make sure you dont miss".

This whole "protect the umpires" has gone a bit too far imo. Theyve been given authority to be judge jury and executioner now, when its often as a result of players being emotional at poor decisions. So you cop a bad decision, then you get penalised even more for speaking the truth. pay the umps more, amd tell them that they need to be thicker skins. Expecting players to be robots in one of the most emotionally charged sports in the w

yep, was more influential than Smith imo. Bit of nepotism there from Geelong

Did anyone catch that cheap shot from Tuohy on Miochek at QT was a weak dog act he hit him from behind then tried to focus on someone else before checkers turned around thats the kind of cheap low acts they should look and i havent heard anything of it i was so angry watching it live could of caused a serious neck injury

Fun fact: we only have 7 games left against the other 7 teams in the top 8. With one win, that's turned into a pretty nice draw.

Last yearā€™s top eight, I gather you mean?

Did anyone catch that cheap shot from Tuohy on Miochek at QT was a weak dog act he hit him from behind then tried to focus on someone else before checkers turned around thats the kind of cheap low acts they should look and i havent heard anything of it i was so angry watching it live could of caused a serious neck injury

Bloody Irishmen on St. Patrickā€™s Dayā€¦

I can't stand Tuohy, heā€™s such a flog.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back