Toast Round 9 = Collingwood 103-37 West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

🤦🏻‍♂️ you’re a hard man to please TD. Probably what I was talking about earlier.

Richard’s first half was electric and understandable he ran out of legs being a first gamer and young, plus no one on the bench in the last quarter. Deserves to be there next week.
Richard was Fanstaic but need more then 1 game to be Best 22

Agree he plays next week

Agree on Fin. Looked his best as a link up player and across half forward. Inside he fumbled a couple times and lost us the ball.

The three goals looks great, but just not sure he fits into the team as that type of player. Doesn’t have elite pace, skill or running power. His performance is a positive, but not as much as Richards and Sullivan, who have clear AFL roles right now. Sullivan impressive in close and is the clear Mitchell reserve.
Re: Sully…..I thought he was more than a titch reserve….
He’s banging the door down IMO.
He looks 100% comfortable with the speed.

Yep. Insane on socials too, the amount of people (like anyone who’s not a pies supporter) saying Reid is better than Nick. Like, he might get there one day, and you can see his brilliance in flashes, but as it stands there’s a gulf between the two.
Reid has power, marking and quality ball use. He's a special player and could potentially be the best in the comp. Definitely not there yet and a long way from being better than current Nick.

He's more of a JHF type than a Nick type. The fact he's already so physically strong and able to play that inside game so well is incredible. The question going forward will be how he progresses. Some who have the power from an early age look impressive for that reason but then don't really elevate much further.

Came in thinking this was a huge danger game what with all the outs. Really impressive to see us thump them, and to see our new and 'newish' players really take their chances.

Richards was calm, cool, quick, and actually stronger than I expected. What a debut, really exciting for him and the team.

McRae took his chance in a difficult role, did it very well and ended up with three.

Reefe didn't have too many chances, but took the ones he got and ended up with three.

Sully continued to impress.

Bytel's debut was more modest but he didn't look out of place.

An Epic game from Nick Daicos, absolute champion

Pendles continues to defy time

Thought Crispy was back to his best, turned his season around once played as a mid.

Steele another who is getting back to his best form, but is Half Back his slot against the top sides?

Josh Daicos had a mighty second half.

Johnny Noble was fantastic again.

Lipinski was very damaging early when the game still had to be won.

All up, we looked like the reigning premier spanking a bottom side, despite having half our starting on-ball division out, and 90 per cent of our starting forward line missing. That is super encouraging and shows we do have some serious depth.

For mine, Mitchell and Schultz will struggle to get back in, Crisp has to play middle and Richards has to get at least another crack next week. Elliot and McCreery at least another week, Elliot maybe more. Mihocek will miss a couple more. Jordy is no certainty and Bytel will miss.

Last edited:
Was good to smash a team we should have smashed

Really want Steele in particular to maintain at least close to that standard for the remainder of the season.

Richards looks AFL standard, Fin was solid and will gain a tonne of confidence from his performance today

That was probably Crisps best game as a pure mid. Unreal

Darcy Cameron’s best game of the season too

Cox was surprisingly down. Given he rarely had an opponent taller than a head shorter than him I would have expected him to take way more marks
Barass always beats Cox, I’ve got no idea why you’d be surprised at that happening again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barass always beats Cox, I’ve got no idea why you’d be surprised at that happening again.

My issue wasn’t Barass beating Cox

Everyone that competed against Cox, be it in the ruck, in the air or in the forward line, beat him.

Which is disappointing when the tallest West Coast player was still a head or more shorter than him

Re: Sully…..I thought he was more than a titch reserve….
He’s banging the door down IMO.
He looks 100% comfortable with the speed.
I’m really impressed with Sullivan. He looks like an experienced player, cool head, makes good decisions, knows where to position himself. And all after two senior games? Sheesh. Very impressive.

Everyone that competed against Cox, be it in the ruck, in the air or in the forward line, beat him.

Which is disappointing when the tallest West Coast player was still a head or more shorter than him
Standard Cox game for mine, regardless of the opponents height. Anyone who knows how to use their body weight can beat Cox, his height isn’t the advantage that it was for a guy like Sandilands who was just as tall but also an immovable object.

I’m really impressed with Sullivan. He looks like an experienced player, cool head, makes good decisions, knows where to position himself. And all after two senior games? Sheesh. Very impressive.
Very impressive. Absolutely doesn’t look fazed or stressed.

Is the the 2010 O’bree / titch replacement?

Good problem to have!

why not? Beau's 14 days will be up. Elliott must have been close, he was named in the original squad.
Already been confirmed on Twitter that Beau and Jamie will both miss.

Good to see the kids have a go and what a win it was despite having virtually our VFL team out there

I wouldn’t quite say we had “our VFL team” out there but it was definitely almost literally our VFL forward line

Coxy worked his arse off and did some excellent work around the ground and in the middle. We'd all love him to clunk more up forward but Barass and McGovern are elite defenders. He brought it to ground a number of times and copped a punch in the back of the head which should have been a free and likely goal.

He is an integral part of the team and he earns his place every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back