Toast Round 9 = Collingwood 103-37 West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

My issue wasn’t Barass beating Cox

Everyone that competed against Cox, be it in the ruck, in the air or in the forward line, beat him.

Which is disappointing when the tallest West Coast player was still a head or more shorter than him
I didn't think he was that bad tbh. Yes was quiet in the 2nd half, but the game was won at that point and most of the team dropped off so who really gives a heck. Should've kicked that goal but other than that, neither Barrass or McGovern had any real impact on the game.

enjoyed that very much, other than the fresh injuries of course. Cue in the rack half way through the third. Some of them were out on their feet by the end. Our percentage only matters against Essendon, and we've now got them covered by 10 % points.

How bad are West Coast going?

Great to see all of the new guys contribute. Fin as great, and what a debut by Richards.

Great game again by Cameron, he's having a great year, and Crisp is back to his best. The old GOAT just keeps going, he's just unbelievable. The boy Daicos goes OK too. Frampton should never be out of the side again.

Will be interesting to see what happens with selection next week. Looks like 3 forced changes, but Schultz & Beau should be back, and maybe Jamie as well.

Reid has power, marking and quality ball use. He's a special player and could potentially be the best in the comp. Definitely not there yet and a long way from being better than current Nick.

He's more of a JHF type than a Nick type. The fact he's already so physically strong and able to play that inside game so well is incredible. The question going forward will be how he progresses. Some who have the power from an early age look impressive for that reason but then don't really elevate much further.
He actually got a lesson on Nick today at stoppage. Nick owned him.
He tried to play defensive and Nick just took off.
Not his game.
If they want to play him in the middle, it absolutely cannot be against the best oppo player. Has to be the “hit to” guy.

With Sidey down back looking good
Lippa on the wing replacing him
Fin replacing lippa at HF

That’s the roles it should be going forward
Basically the Adams role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think that only works with players out though. McCreery, Schultz, Elliott are going to be back soon. And while Macrae was good today, I don't think this is a role to which he brings anything that special and is still going to be more of a backup. Is also competing with HH and Richards.

I didn't think he was that bad tbh. Yes was quiet in the 2nd half, but the game was won at that point and most of the team dropped off so who really gives a heck. Should've kicked that goal but other than that, neither Barrass or McGovern had any real impact on the game.
Players that want to be in the team in September need to give a ***+.

Coxy worked his arse off and did some excellent work around the ground and in the middle. We'd all love him to clunk more up forward but Barass and McGovern are elite defenders. He brought it to ground a number of times and copped a punch in the back of the head which should have been a free and likely goal.

He is an integral part of the team and he earns his place every week.

I never said he should be dropped so no need to infer it

I was just disappointed to not see him take way more marks than he did when he was the tallest player on the ground by a good head and half

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never said he should be dropped so no need to infer it

I was just disappointed to not see him take way more marks than he did when he was the tallest player on the ground by a good head and half
Coxy always gets pushed under the ball against quality defenders. He needs the pill out in front. His team-mates should know that by now.

Nick topped the tackle count, clearances, centre clearances, disposals, AFL Fantasy thingo and contested possessions.
But yeah, Dermie, Harley Reid...
Brereton is obsessed with Harley Reid. But every time Brereton started speaking, I involuntarily tuned out to him. He talks, and talks, and talks .....

Old guy alert. Back in the VFL H&A days, a lot of the grounds were pretty ordinary. A lot had a cricket pitch in the middle that became like a cheese grater after drying out from being chopped up when it was a bog.
But you try telling the young people of today that, and they won't believe you.
Reminds me of when I played footy as a junior getting tackled in the cricket pitch. Cheese grater indeed! 😬

Remove this Banner Ad

Back