Review Round 9 - GWS Giants vs West Coast Eagles @ Skoda

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh plays alright. Bear in mind he's been playing NEAFL quality teams for a while, so any defender who is suddenly set up against the forwards from Adelaide, Hawthorn and West Coast is naturally going to have a hard time.

If there is one "good" thing to come out of G1's injury, it's that some of these younger defenders such as Corr and Bruce get some valuable game time in the top grade. Sure it hurts on the scoreboard, but we are building a club for the future here.

Based on what you and others have said, do you think Bruce will be at GWS next year?

On Bruce you also need to keep in mind that prior to last year he was mainly playing forward so he has only been a backman for less then two year and I for one would like us to give him more time but he is one of the 13 younger players that will be out of contract at the end of the year so if we need to trade him to get an experienced player or a high draft pick in then I am sure we will.

Based on what you and others have said, do you think Bruce will be at GWS next year?

50/50. It depends on the pressure for spots, and how the club rates their KPP depth. He could be kept around for depth, he could look for opportunities elsewhere.

I was within earshot of the Giants' coaching box on Sunday, and boy does Sheedy get worked up! He can still shout and vent with the best of them. He saved a few special words for Buntine after some poor efforts in the 2nd half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back