Autopsy Round 9 - North Melbourne Kangaroos v GWS Giants, Blundstone Arena at 1.45 pm 19 May 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe im too drunk.

So ill explain.

The slap in the face was to you you troll campaigner.

Apologies for language.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Indeed. Very pithy.

I’m just feeling gutted with the giants injury list and that their premiership window is closed. Be a good year to blood good young (free pick) talent. Great to see Dylan Buckley grabbing his second chance with both hands though

I'll allow that the poster is entitled to make comments - and we know that some of our long-standing posters have similarly criticised recruiting (and I have my own issues with recruiting). However, I'd comment that none of the GWS Academy kids we overlooked last year (or the previous year) would have saved us in any regards over the last 3 games we've lost, so I think it's a misdirected criticism. The Dylan Buckley rookie selection was in a similar vein to Matt de Boer's the previous year - which most of us disagreed with at the time, criticising the overlooking of academy talent like Mutch & Macreadie - which has proven to be an excellent pickup. The biggest issues for us in terms of lacking depth - apart from the simple fact of having so many top 22 (and worse about half our top 10) players out injured - would really be the trade/retirement losses of (in order IMHO) Dev Smith, Shane Mumford & Nathan Wilson.

I'll allow that the poster is entitled to make comments - and we know that some of our long-standing posters have similarly criticised recruiting (and I have my own issues with recruiting). However, I'd comment that none of the GWS Academy kids we overlooked last year (or the previous year) would have saved us in any regards over the last 3 games we've lost, so I think it's a misdirected criticism. The Dylan Buckley rookie selection was in a similar vein to Matt de Boer's the previous year - which most of us disagreed with at the time, criticising the overlooking of academy talent like Mutch & Macreadie - which has proven to be an excellent pickup. The biggest issues for us in terms of lacking depth - apart from the simple fact of having so many top 22 (and worse about half our top 10) players out injured - would really be the trade/retirement losses of (in order IMHO) Dev Smith, Shane Mumford & Nathan Wilson.

Finally - some argument (and well stated) instead of abuse! Thank you Giant Strides.

What I don’t understand is the throwing of free (no rock) academy picks, when they would cost next to nothing to have on the list, would be keen to develop and prove their worth (unlike recycled players who already failed at other clubs), and in a season gone bad with injury would be a chance to play seniors and discover a hidden gem. I don’t think they would win games. But you could find something special at zero risk. Especially after putting 1000s dollars into them already.
It’s arrogant from the recruitment staff.

Finally - some argument (and well stated) instead of abuse! Thank you Giant Strides.

What I don’t understand is the throwing of free (no rock) academy picks, when they would cost next to nothing to have on the list, would be keen to develop and prove their worth (unlike recycled players who already failed at other clubs), and in a season gone bad with injury would be a chance to play seniors and discover a hidden gem. I don’t think they would win games. But you could find something special at zero risk. Especially after putting 1000s dollars into them already.
It’s arrogant from the recruitment staff.
Mate we did this to death months ago

Nobody wants to listen to you when you keep on with that violin

Mate we did this to death months ago

Nobody wants to listen to you when you keep on with that violin

Yeah I get the feeling no one wants to listen. Some things harder to hear than others. I comfortable knowing I’m right regarding the depth and burning of young talent. End of.

What I don’t understand is the throwing of free (no rock) academy picks, when they would cost next to nothing to have on the list, would be keen to develop and prove their worth (unlike recycled players who already failed at other clubs), and in a season gone bad with injury would be a chance to play seniors and discover a hidden gem. It’s arrogant from the recruitment staff.
I certainly disagree with some of what the recruiting department have done, and I believe that some of what I thought is right, but some has been wrong - an example being de Boer's recruitment, which has proven to be good.

In respect of last year's pickups, I didn't and probably don't agree with Keeffe & Dylan Buckley's pickups, and I'm unconvinced with Jack Buckley. But Keeffe is actually doing what the recruiters wanted, which is provide a bit of a general purpose tall who can ruck, play forward (or indeed back too). We didn't get a genuine ruck because we wanted to see how Lobb goes as a mobile ruck - unfortunately his off-season injuries have stymied that. But if you're talking Nathan Richards, Charlie Spargo & Doultan Langlands from last year, I disagree with a suggestion that we would have been better off in today's game (although I would have liked to get Spargo). We need a balance on the list in regards youngsters and experienced players. I would have preferred some others ... but the methodology is not IMHO 'arrogant', perhaps 'misguided' or 'misapplied'.

When you read the stats list and just read the names down, we have nothing. The depth has been taken away due to rule changes/looking. Need some quality back urgently.
The problem lies with poor management by afl. As we were given a couple too many High picks to begin with, clubs have generally thought it ok to rip us off. We had picks 4,6,7 a couple of years ago, basically traded away for nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First half was ok unfortunately our second was peahearted

There's nothing wrong with their heart make, they cracked in hard all day.They just ran out of wheels in the midfield, and our big forwards got off the hook.

Davis out is a huge structural blow..

There's nothing wrong with their heart make, they cracked in hard all day.They just ran out of wheels in the midfield, and our big forwards got off the hook.

You're my most liked opposition poster on this joint. Had a lot of fun last year with you, and I said as much after Kelly put pen to paper. I'd happily buy you a beer anytime mate.

Well done on your boys this year.

Going to move to another state after tassie?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Let's see where your club resides after 149 years. We're still at the same place. :thumbsu:

About the game, your team is cruelled by injuries, not much you can do about it and as Snake said, your mob did have a crack but ran out of gas

Davis was there when the backline was being blown up so I don't think he would make much difference.

I feel like the coaches have this gameplan around our dominant midfield that is now being shown up because we are missing so many of them. As much as I don't think Scully is that good of a player for his salary he runs around filling holes for the entire game. He has the gas tank for it. Our backline is the worst part of our team, but when you have the most dominant midfield it doesn't really matter so much. Either way maybe those players down back get better for it and then the mids come back and the team as a whole is better.

Davis was there when the backline was being blown up so I don't think he would make much difference.

I feel like the coaches have this gameplan around our dominant midfield that is now being shown up because we are missing so many of them. As much as I don't think Scully is that good of a player for his salary he runs around filling holes for the entire game. He has the gas tank for it. Our backline is the worst part of our team, but when you have the most dominant midfield it doesn't really matter so much. Either way maybe those players down back get better for it and then the mids come back and the team as a whole is better.
I could t disagree more. I have our backline as the best part of our team by a long way. The number of times they have endured a battering this year is ridiculous. We have been getting beaten but we are still conceding very few points compared to the rest of the comp

I could t disagree more. I have our backline as the best part of our team by a long way. The number of times they have endured a battering this year is ridiculous. We have been getting beaten but we are still conceding very few points compared to the rest of the comp
On paper you think our backline is the best part of team? It's not. Maybe an argument could be made based on performance but given our injuries it's not exactly solid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back