Rounds 14-17 Trades Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 14 Trades

I just want to say to everyone who thought I was stoopid for trading Nick Riewoldt for Jack Watts:

EAT MY ASS.

*does the dance of a thousand happy people*

*moonwalks around the room*

What do people think of one of Zac Smith or Petrie to Kruezer? After yesterdays game I want me some Kruezr. It's just whether I want to downgrade Petrie or go sideways with Smith. I'm not too sure, Petrie averages 95 and Smith averages 90. Either way my 2nd trade will probably be Knights to Sylvia or Cyril, then the following week, Heppell to Rob Murphy.

I like the idea of getting kreuzer, i think smith to kreuzer is probably a winner, just hope we're not being suckered by one good game, but i think he should pump out a solid 110 average.

i just have to decide if i can do both that and mundy>swan with only 5 trades left. think i will and hope 3 is enough to cover the plethora of issues that are going to spring up in the last 10 rounds.

I just want to say to everyone who thought I was stoopid for trading Nick Riewoldt for Jack Watts:

EAT MY ASS.

*does the dance of a thousand happy people*

*moonwalks around the room*

Yeah, looks good.

Watts 5 round average: 88
Riewoldt 5 round average: 86

Yeah, looks good.

Watts 5 round average: 88
Riewoldt 5 round average: 86

Let's not forget:

Riewoldt: $375,000 - $377,000
Watts: $280,000 - $360,000

Approx figures.

I knew it was a risk, and I called it sideways trading, but still got s**t lumped on me that it was the "worst trade ever". Feeling pretty good right now.

The trade also let me upgrade Conca to Pendlebury. So I REALLY came out on top there.

I like the idea of getting kreuzer, i think smith to kreuzer is probably a winner, just hope we're not being suckered by one good game, but i think he should pump out a solid 110 average.

i just have to decide if i can do both that and mundy>swan with only 5 trades left. think i will and hope 3 is enough to cover the plethora of issues that are going to spring up in the last 10 rounds.

I dont think we'll be suckered in, to do that in just his 2nd game back, shows he'll be able to dominate, you're in a worse position than me, I've still got 13 trades left, but if you can make that happen it would be good.

Knights - Sylvia
Puopolo - Suckling

3 trades left.

Will go Lower - Fisher next week. Gives me 1 more upgrade left for the year :(

Going to upgrade Burgoyne but not too sure on either Swanny or Hodge??? (Or anyone else) Appreciate thoughts on this.

Once this is done my mids will be completed.

Pendles, Judd, Ablett, Watson, Cotchin, Swan/Hodge

Then need to upgrade Heppell in the backline and backs will be complete as well.
I traded in Hodge for Burgers about a month ago, Hodge has been up and down since, but doing better than Burgoyne.

Personally I think Swan is a better pick than Hodge. Though it might be worth holding onto Burgoyne. Seemed to be playing a new role at half back on the weekend. Picked up a lot of cheap possession, he's scores could be on the up.

Anyway, this is my first year super coaching so I'm no expert.

Makes me feel so good good that so many people have just 3 or 4 trades left. It means that plenty of people in the top 10,000 are set to tumble out between now and round 24.

ill need 6+ LTI's to really drop any further.

After this week I'll be looking at a team of:

B: Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, Shaw, Newman, Gibbs, Enright (Heppell, Stanley, Batchelor)
C: Pendlebury, Ablett, Boyd, Swan, Thompson, Judd (Mzungu, Jacobs, Irons)
R: Cox, Petrie (Smith, Bailey)
F: Franklin, Pavlich, Harvey, Chapman, Goodes, Riewoldt, Krakouer (Smith, Howe, Richardson)

and 7 trades left.

Trades this week will be:

Duigan <> Newman
Mundy <> Swan

or I could go:

Mundy <> Swan
Krakouer <> Sylvia/O'Keefe

Essentially it's Newman + Krakouer vs. Heppell + Sylvia/O'Keefe. The second option also allows me the option of trading in Fisher as my last upgrade.

Mine is Thompson vs Swan vs Syvlia (for D. Swallow)
And Murphy vs Suckling vs Enright vs Shaw (for Heppell)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not forget:

Riewoldt: $375,000 - $377,000
Watts: $280,000 - $360,000

Approx figures.

I knew it was a risk, and I called it sideways trading, but still got s**t lumped on me that it was the "worst trade ever". Feeling pretty good right now.

The trade also let me upgrade Conca to Pendlebury. So I REALLY came out on top there.
It's still a bad trade because you could have down traded all the way to a rookie picking up $260k+ or you could have upgraded to get a genuine keeper. As it stands you burnt a trade to get $90k + a mid pricer. I guess time will tell with how Watts goes for the rest of the year but I wouldn't be holding my breath, let alone bragging about it.

It's still a bad trade because you could have down traded all the way to a rookie picking up $260k+ or you could have upgraded to get a genuine keeper. As it stands you burnt a trade to get $90k + a mid pricer. I guess time will tell with how Watts goes for the rest of the year but I wouldn't be holding my breath, let alone bragging about it.

There were no other downgrade targets (that I didn't already have) at the time, plus I said it was sideways trading - I figured Watts would average the same as Riewoldt (which he has) while I would save $100,000 (which I did).

How is getting more points from a trade, saving $100,000, using that money to upgrade Conca to Pendlebury and have Watts going exactly how I expected him to go considered a bad trade? It's not the best trade of all time, but I had a lot of people saying it was the worst. Which I am glad to be able to say "YOU WERE WRONG!" to.

Going to upgrade Burgoyne but not too sure on either Swanny or Hodge??? (Or anyone else) Appreciate thoughts on this.

Once this is done my mids will be completed.

Pendles, Judd, Ablett, Watson, Cotchin, Swan/Hodge

Then need to upgrade Heppell in the backline and backs will be complete as well.

look at scotty thompson or boyd or priddis.l think all have high break-evens this week.l am thinking of doing some this the same maybe in 2 weeks when these guys a cheaper.

Mundy -> Pendlebury
Darling -> Sylvia

Leaves me with a semi-complete team of:

Deledio, Goddard, Newman, Gibbs, Enright, Lower, Pedersen (Thompson, Jacobs, Strauss)

Pendlebury, Judd, Ablett, Cotchin, Bartel, Swan (Mzungu, Harris, Gaff)

Cox, Sandilands (Smith, Keeffe)

Pavlich, Sylvia, Franklin, N.Riewoldt, Chapman, J.Riewoldt, Didak (Smith, Lynch, Richardson)

Looks good on paper but they have been struggling. Would only have 6 trades left after this as well. Hopefully Lower and Pedersen wont need upgrading for a while. :thumbsu:

far to early to trade but I'll vent now. l am kinda stuck in 3 minds
could go.280k l think in the piggy bank.

1) swallow/burgone to pendaberry and down grade darling to who?

2)heppell/lower to h.shaw and darling to pav/fyfe/sylvia.but that would be 5 freo to much only care about league matches.this would put either one l dont trade to 7th defender.

3)swallow/burgone to priddis/boyd/scotty thompson (crows)but l am sure there b/e's are fairly high.and darling to sylvia.

what do people think.?thanks

far to early to trade but I'll vent now. l am kinda stuck in 3 minds
could go.280k l think in the piggy bank.

1) swallow/burgone to pendaberry and down grade darling to who?

2)heppell/lower to h.shaw and darling to pav/fyfe/sylvia.but that would be 5 freo to much only care about league matches.this would put either one l dont trade to 7th defender.

3)swallow/burgone to priddis/boyd/scotty thompson (crows)but l am sure there b/e's are fairly high.and darling to sylvia.

what do people think.?thanks

Dahlhaus could be a good forward downgrade option if you went with option 1.

Want to upgrade Heppell this week but not sure to whom. Have Deledio, Goddard, Fisher, Gibbs, Enright and Shaw already. I think it's between Newman and Suckling, or for a slightly more unique option, R. Murphy. Barring a couple of shockers which hopefully can be treated as anomalies, Murphy has had a pretty solid season SC wise (averaging 102.5 outside of those two games). It is however my first year playing SC and I wonder if I'm getting sucked into the rookie habit of bringing in players after their best game for the year. Anyone got any thoughts?

Eade / Bulldogs and rookies = FAIL!

Moles last year wouldn't do a thing wrong, dropped. Howard this year looked good but in and straight out. Wallis......... Dahlhaus.........

Tread with caution!?

Libba, Grant, and Jones all had decent runs, like all rookies they are hit and miss.

Dahlhaus could be a good forward downgrade option if you went with option 1.

Want to upgrade Heppell this week but not sure to whom. Have Deledio, Goddard, Fisher, Gibbs, Enright and Shaw already. I think it's between Newman and Suckling, or for a slightly more unique option, R. Murphy. Barring a couple of shockers which hopefully can be treated as anomalies, Murphy has had a pretty solid season SC wise (averaging 102.5 outside of those two games). It is however my first year playing SC and I wonder if I'm getting sucked into the rookie habit of bringing in players after their best game for the year. Anyone got any thoughts?

l would wait for the player plays 2 matches look who could take his spot etc.sometimes not that easy l wanted vardy and i smith/howe missed them both due to other areas needed fixing up.sometimes you need good timing and a bit of luck.l hope your enjoying your first year.its my second and l'm have a shocker so far.check fan footy for break-evens will save you money if you know what your side needs in coming weeks.

Darling -> Sylvia
Cross -> Pendlebury or Selwood -> Pendlebury

wish I could have gone Heppell -> Pendlebury.

$316,900K in bank, 9 trades left.

Current team is:

Deledio, Goddard, Shaw, Gibbs, Adcock, Broughton, Otten (Hibberd, Puopolo, Stanley)

Swan, Judd, Cross, Ablett, Selwood, Thompson (Heppell, Jacobs, I. Smith)

Cox, Z. Smith (Bailey, Vardy)

Pavlich, Fyfe, Franklin, N.Riewoldt, J.Riewoldt, Goodes, Darling (Mzungu, Matera, Richardson)

Thoughts on what to do please?

Eade / Bulldogs and rookies = FAIL!

Moles last year wouldn't do a thing wrong, dropped. Howard this year looked good but in and straight out. Wallis......... Dahlhaus.........

Tread with caution!?

I think this season is different with Eade...his side is not in contention to win a flag. Last couple of years his side has been top 4 so no rookies...

Libba has had a great run and I think Dalhaus is a reasonable downgrade option. More than Eade, it is up to Dalhaus to maintain his form. I would agree that Eade would be quicker to drop a non-performing rookie than other coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back