Review Rucci's Best 22 of our 25 years in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Without attempting my own 'best of' Crows side, on first glances I think Rucci has had a list of BnF winners to his left hand side. Players like Bock, Douglas and Vince should not have such prominent positions in that team, if any.

B: B. Hart, B. Rutten, G. Johncock
HB: N. Smart, N. Bock, N. Bassett
C: S. Goodwin, S. Thompson, R. Sloane
HF: P. Dangerfield, T. Walker, T. Edwards
F: D. Jarman, T. Modra, B. Burton
1R: S. Rehn, M. Ricciuto (c), A. McLeod
Int: M. Bickley, K. Johnson, C. McDermott, S. Jacobs
Coach: M. Blight

Brodie Smith and Daniel Talia are well on track to cementing themselves in this side over the next few years.

FB: Johncock - Rutten - Hart
HB: Smart - Bock - Goodwin
C: Burton - Thompson - Edwards
HF: Dangerfield - Walker - Vardy
FF: Jarman (D) - Modra - Betts*
1st: Rehn - Riccuito - McLeod
Int: Bickley - Johnson - McGuinness - Robran

* I've taken some poetic licence but he is the best forward pocket whose ever played for us.

Last edited:
Int: Bickley - Johnston - McGuinness - Robran

* I've taken some poetic licence but he is the best forward pocket whose ever played for us.
Well Betts' one good year is on par with Bock's one good yeah, so I say go for it.

Int: Bickley - Johnston - McGuinness - Robran

lewie!

on a serious note, yeh that's pretty close to me, but despite playing only a handful of games i'd find a way to get talia to chb at the expense of bock.

I remember lippy being booed off for being so bad, he played some of the worst games ever by a crow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saw Michael Doughty and threw up a little it lost all credibility from there like with all this rodents writings. Upon further reading down the page was really scratching my head how Richard Douglas with 2 half decent seasons over 8 years gets a gig then I saw he'd also included Bernie Vince on the back of 1 standout year (2009) and said he was a 'cult figure' (I never thought of him once as a 'cult figure' in all his time here).

Like with most of the rooch's writings he's just done a half arsed job and made a load of assumptions, in all likelihood he's probably just got the work experience lad at the paper to read him out the names of those who've won the club champions counts and most games played tally and then put the players names he had a slight recollection of in the team... he's probably forgotten who past club champions Mark Mickan & Matthew Liptak were that's the only reason they're not in the team as well.

How does Edwards get best team man ahead of Bickley after all that bullshit he and McLeod pulled?

B: Hart Rutten Johncock
HB: McLeod Talia Smart
C: Sloane Thompson Goodwin
HF: Vardy Walker Burton
F: Edwards Modra D Jarman
R: Rehn Ricciuto Dangerfield
I: McGuiness Bickley Jacobs Jameson

Great team selection. A centre square of Rehn, Roo and Danger in it, yes I am fapping.:p

Not too sure of the bench, might have to look at that more closely.

Can someone name a 2nd team that could compete with Roochi's???

For me, the ones that really stick out like a sore thumb are Dougy and Vince. They've had 3 stand out seasons between them.

I'd have Kane Johnson, Bickley and McDermott on field, maybe even Stenglien, before them. On the field any way.

No Kane Johnson, but we have Douglas? Seriously ...

And he says the only current players are Douglas and Vince, yet he has Thompson in the Centre?

Does no one proof read his articles?

He says there are only two left in the AFL (wrong) and says they're both not at our club any more (wrong). He then, in the very next sentence says Douglas is still at West Lakes.

For me, the ones that really stick out like a sore thumb are Dougy and Vince. They've had 3 stand out seasons between them.

I'd have Kane Johnson, Bickley and McDermott on field, maybe even Stenglien, before them. On the field any way.

He says there are only two left in the AFL (wrong) and says they're both not at our club any more (wrong). He then, in the very next sentence says Douglas is still at West Lakes.
Johnson and Stenglein. 2 of my highly rated from the late nineties. Stingers was a no fuss gun:thumbsu:
Sugar had superb kick, set up a lot of goals up the field:thumbsu:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back