Media S27 - Sweet FA Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

1549798653032-png.617441

ROUND 4 NOMINEE

From The Gumbies FC ...... snozulu , Ruck Rover Extrordinaire

1552557235496.png
I have to admit I hadn't heard too much about snozulu early on this season ......yes he was discussed in the weekly Rising Star Committee meetings, but in our first game of the Season with the Bombers, he wasn't that prominent.

However since that first game, we've seen a weekly increase in posting numbers and quality .....this week there was strong support for snozulu

Now in a slight departure from our normal process .....we're actually going to go inside the Rising Star Committee Room and give everyone a look at what goes on ......there were some absentee's who are normally present, and all the vulgarity, and condescending comments towards some Rookies have been ommitted, for Legal Reasons

Rising Star Roundtable

1) Which rookies caught your eye with their posting this week and why?

Wayneworld19: From the Bombers / Dragons thread ....really only 2 Rookies who are worth mentions are AceAndy and CazC30 Her posting is improving dramatically ...starting to get it & did her first Media thread this week

SaltPepper & @Peanutbutter .....if they posted it was negligible

CJMB ...not really all that active ....had some input but sporadic

Really impressed with Sausages performance this week .....very witty fella

TheInjuryFactory: Our boys were abit on the quieter side this week, but as Wayno's mentioned, I dig the new fella Sausages Enjoyed his work this week in some of the media around the place. Funny campaigner and seems to have found his bearings pretty quick.

2) Which rookies performed well on the field?

WaynesWorld19: Based on scoring only .....there'd appear to be others in front of CazC30 and Sausages ...but you'll have to get posting feedback

If we don't get feedback, I can go and have a squizz

TheInjuryFactory: I think it probably comes down to Carson Dial of the Furies and snozulu of the Gumbies, very similar outputs. TigerTime_89 probably deserves an honourable mention too, 8 frees for means he's getting in first and winning the qooty.

3) Who is your Rising Star nomination for this week and why?

WaynesWorld19: From what I've seen ...I'd go CazC30, simply on the weight of performances this season. Sausages though I couldn't argue against

Others that have scored higher, as I said need a bit more feedback / research

TheInjuryFactory: For me it's snozulu. Was tough to split them, but have noticed him around a little bit more than Carson Dial and I think hitting the scoreboard and doing what he did in a losing side gives him the nod for me.

Cadaver: My suggestion for the nomination this week would have to be snozulu, he's done exactly what the award is designed to help - started in an OK position, posted consistently well, was rewarded with a premium spot and excelled. Cut and dry for me.

Sab22: I peaked through few threads. snozulu was doing his thing, like his work. CazC30 lifted, did a thread, and create some attention for herself, which other rooks are yet to do. Sausages hit the ground well, looking forward to seeing what he has in store.

I'm going with snozulu, he was my pick last week too then I saw Callums_Guns stats.

So there you are .....a look at the inside running of a committee in the SFA
OrderlyFabulousBoaconstrictor-size_restricted.gif

1552559013348.png
Please Note .....scenes can be mis-interpreted .....absolutely at no time has any member of the Rising Star Committee taken "Cash for Votes"
Below was simply a donation from BRAB

caponegif2.gif

So lets speak to the young up & coming star Rookie for the Gumbies ......Welcome snozulu .....mate just stand a bit closer to the microphone if you could

How did you learn about the Sweet FA?

I was invited by Dingster to join the league and my ol capitan BRAB tucked me under his plasticine arm.

Who do you look up to as your heroes in qooty?

Gumby cause we were called that at middle school and Tony Lockett cause he reminds me of a tree trunk and I like trees.

What do your friends think of your qooty success? How do you handle missing out on activities with friends because of your qooty training schedule?

I haven't had much of a social life since I started training but my mates support me and even bought me some really tight lycra pants so I can talk louder on the field. It makes up for not hanging out as much with them.

The Gumbies are seen as the strugglers of the SFA ...how aware were you of this & what do you think of the Gumbies Brand ?

I heard this from everyone on here. This can be rectified with good banter and name calling. Lots and lots of name calling.

What has been your favourite and least favourite thing about Sweet FA so far?

Favourite is getting to know others and having a laugh. Least favourite is there are people here that a full of more s**t than me and that doesn't sit well with me. Must be the laxatives.

If you could change anything about the Gumbies FC ...what are some of your ideas

Use our stretchy arms to take more speccies and learn to kick between the big posts.

What position are you playing now ... what position do you crave ?

Stated at half back but believe I do my best work in the middle with the campaigners. Played first game there this last round.

Who are some of your favorite posters you've matched wits with so far? ....and maybe a couple of short comments about them ?

I like ArdentEagle had a good match up with him and some good exchanges.

rfctiger74 had some good banter there last week but drinks too much of the strong stuff and doesn't share.

Elton Johns Wig another good poster who likes comb overs but I don't hold that against him.

Which boards of Big Footy have you been active on?

Mostly Port board. But I do venture out from time to time and see what's going on elsewhere.

We reached out for some feedback from the Gumbies Captain ..... but BRAB refused all overtures for an interview ....after a bit of harrassing, a reluctant haydo agreed to do a "cash for comment" interview ......this payment of funds for interviews is not a committee policy .....but how could we let the little fella snozulu down on his big day

So here's the Interview with haydo .....after our deciphers had tried to interpret his shoddy handwritten response

Unfortunately haydo wouldn't answer any questions ....preferring to submit a handwritten Statement

Sorry I only just saw this

I'm sure BRAB can give his own take on things but here are my thoughts after only being at the club for a few weeks.

Snozulu is a real breathe of fresh air for the Gumbies. I won't go into what the club has been like over the many seasons as it's been well documented so to have someone that's engaged, funny and quick witted in his responses in the match threads it's been a breathe of fresh air for the Gumbies to have an individual like Snozulu recognized for the Rising Star award.

His tranition into the league has been flawless as anyone can tell you that's been in a match thread with him. Most rookies need a bit of time and guidance coming into this league as it's a daunting place at times, but with Snozulu none of that's really needed. He's taken things into his own hands and flourished.

Snozulu's contribution thus far to the Gumbies has been an important part of our rebuild. It's round 4 and the LG have already seen the work that he's put in and rewarded him with a premium position on-field last week. He'll continue to grow into a important poster for the club over the years.

We have added another couple of rookies to the mix. Snozulu's nomination will bring the squad closer together and show them that we're all in this rebuild together. We'll gel as a team and create a club culture that keeps our squad together and attract new rookies and players from other clubs to the Gumbies in the near future

Thankyou Haydo .....and with that, so closes another weeks Rising Star's nomination ......come back next week for the Round 5 Nomination :)

Last edited:
Oh give me a break ! ......all this lovey dovey stuff for Rookies .....

Good on ya mate

Grouse stuff snozlet ......ffs JoshWoodenSpoon even giving nicknames :straining:

It's sickly stuff ........me in my Rookie year , did I get a "good on ya" pat on the back .....nah, I was ridiculed, heckled, and had bottles thrown at me ...from game 1 !!!

This is simply unfair .......I'm a Peacock, I demand to be allowed to fly ! ....to get compliments ....to get adulation :'(:'(:'(

1552564168591.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1549798653032-png.617441

ROUND 5 NOMINEE

From The Baghdad Bombers FC ...... CazC30

1553206704172.png
It is with great pleasure that we announce Caz as this weeks Rising Star Nominee ......all those at the Bombers Tony Lynn 15 , TheCoach16 and KohPhi would be feeling a great deal of pride in the Bombers Elite Development Program ....that has & is transforming Caz to a force within the SFA .....I know Coach shed a tear at the announcement

giphy.gif

4 Goals on the Weekend against her old side from a Forward Pocket was enough, combined with her ever increasing League Presence and refined posting style .......I'm sure the Bombers Captains would like to say a few words about their achievement here

Of course there are the haters, but that's always the case when a Rookie with strong character bursts onto the scene .....there's a propensity for the old timers to be very protective of their status in the game & feel threatened ....remember, we've all refined our styles as time has passed

This thread is a celebration of another SFA Rookie .......and people I expect you to show respect for the award & the occasion

We've gone back and again shared some of the behind the door discussions - just a selection of comments from a few of the Committee

Rising Star Roundtable

1) Which rookies caught your eye with their posting this week and why?

TheInjuryFactory: Did a double take when I went back to review how many rookies I was looking at this week. Had 9 rookies between us and the Gumbies (leobarryustar, harry000, snozulu, Orasia Fantazio, Vdubs, THE THIN MAN, acuguy, Brick Loosener, Huntercrow)

harry000 once again was quality, leobarryustar was up on previous weeks and snozulu was probably the pick of the Gumbies. Quiet showing overall from the rookie crop but an absence of regular senior contributors during the week can make it tougher for the rookies to compete.

Waynesworld19: No Wonders Rookies .....only CJMB and CazC30
CJMB was largely inactive ....Caz was very active & quality of posting was quite witty

Grumbleguts: Ardenteagle or whatever his name is. He caught my eye because he spams with 12 year old smut and other people's gifs. I would unplug his life support to charge my mobile.

2) Which rookies performed well on the field?

TheInjuryFactory: From our game, toss up between our boys, leobarryustar's 12 touches and a goal, or harry000's 3 goals from a pocket from limited opportunity.

Overall, I noticed the Hawks' Snake_Baker had a great debut, (16 disposals, 2 goals) played his way right into my Superqoach team as a result. Edmund Hunt of the Furies (23 touches and a goal) was another who had a strong performance, stood up in a losing side. Bluella's worth an honourable mention with 16 disposals and 2 goals from a flank for the Bombers

Waynesworld19: Hard from a forward pocket ....but Caz did kick 4 goals for 50DT points

Grumbleguts: Got a massive 19 dream team points which is a prime number so got to give him that.

3) Who is your Rising Star nomination for this week and why?

TheInjuryFactory: For me it's Snake_Baker.

Sab22: Caz, she was active, she held her own in the thread. She had a good game, kicked 4. She engaged in multiple convos each day with many, even with others from different threads. Overall, Caz I think went up a notch from what've usually seen.

Waynesworld19: I think for sustained growth in League posting contribution, both in Matchday and Media threads ....plus the 4 goals, for me Caz deserves the nomination this week

We had some difficulty getting hold of Caz for an interview ......as most would know she's a shy retiring type ...who doesn't seek the spotlight or notoriety ......you could say, just a team player, playing her role

be0a79135be983a4b665686e7526d822.gif

Interview

How did you learn about the Sweet FA?

I was approached by two savvy gentlemen who said I would do well in the SFA and if I would be their rookie... They said I had huge potential as a Qooty player. I think I mis-heard and thought they were talking about a modelling contract.

Who do you look up to ask your heroes in qooty?

My current team are great although both Captains in the past team were great with the odd decent poster. The team ethos here is tremendous and I like the fact you are backed all the way and given great support and encouragement.

Is it true your selfie camera on your phone doesn't work or you just can't see yourself using it?

The camera used to love me but nine months of being a fat pig means I don't take as many selfies. I have been told I am a hot babe... But that was before I put on weight. I am not back to qooty weight and gagging to score goals and kick a few balls.

There's been a big change in your posting & you really seem to be enjoying the banter ....what do you put that down too

I feel liberated and a lot easier now the emotions and hormones of the past nine months have now gone although sometimes It can get to me. I try to show my full self and treat people with respect if they have posted fairly. I do enjoy the ethos of the bombers.

Is it true that you refuse to invest your match fees because the investment adviser is called a broker

I'm a brunette not a blonde... But i currently live in Essex... There're plenty of them around.

There's not a lot of women in the SFA ...do you think the League should be doing more to encourage women Qoooty Players ...is it true the Wonders didn't have separate changerooms

I would like to see more women playing but have to confess we have good quality in the ranks here at the bombers. The wonders are a decent team but I did catch one of the Wonders squad wearing my underwear in the changing room. However, separate changing rooms is a must and make sure the locks work on the lockers!!!

If your five year old self suddenly found itself in your situation and you body, what would she do first?

She would steal my husbands wallet and buy loads of sweats and toys... He is a loaded guy. She will be very spoilt. But one would have a problem with a five year old recovering from a PPP.

Tell us about your preparation and training schedules

Just relax and watch TV. Training wise I do alot of running and circuit training and a bit of zoumba.

Is it true when you were a kid you thought eleven was pronounced "onety one"?

No.

Authors Comment
We in the SFA should be seeking to have more Women Qooty Players .....at the Bombers this is part of our charter, whilst at other clubs they're shunned

We should all be welcoming of them, maybe treat them slightly differently & with a bit more respect .......we need more female Qooty Players, but importantly we need to also retain them in the League

Thankyou :)

Tony Lynn 15 .... TheCoach16 ..... KohPhi ...would you like to say a few words about CazC30

Agree with everything you said except one thing, I don't think women in the SFA need to be treated 'different'.. The sim doesn't give a * between males and females and if 'playing/attacking/ bantering with the persona', neither should we.

Just my opinion.

Caz has been a welcome addition and active participant in our match threads and team thread/PM. She is quick of wit and gives as good as she gets.
The change in her posting style reflects a greater understanding of 'how things work' in this place and I expect her to be even better after another dozen games or so!

Keep up the great work CazC30!!

ghh.gif

Authors Comment
We in the SFA should be seeking to have more Women Qooty Players .....at the Bombers this is part of our charter, whilst at other clubs they're shunned

We should all be welcoming of them, maybe treat them slightly differently & with a bit more respect .......we need more female Qooty Players, but importantly we need to also retain them in the League

Thankyou :)
We have some wonderful ladies in this league who contribute to the character of the league.

Let's leave the opinions to those being interviewed, shall we? Speaking of which, Tony Lynn 15, TheCoach16, get in here and pump up your rook!

We have some wonderful ladies in this league who contribute to the character of the league.

Let's leave the opinions to those being interviewed, shall we? Speaking of which, Tony Lynn 15, TheCoach16, get in here and pump up your rook!
Wasn't saying that wasn't the case ....just that we need more ....don't think there's anything wrong with that

Your views are colored by your anti Bomber bias

There are a lot of kitchens in Sweet that definitely need cleaning.

Just saying.
What a truly misogynistic thing to say!...

Finally, you’re earning my respect.

Any chance one of those fillys might whip up a sandwich for me? I’m a little peckish.

What a truly misogynistic thing to say!...

Finally, you’re earning my respect.

Any chance one of those fillys might whip up a sandwich for me? I’m a little peckish.
Roast beef and Pickles would be great Ladies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back