Media S27 - Sweet FA Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Goes to show all you have to do is be a mindless spammer. It’s how Ant Bear won one.

It is so unfair mate and I for one am on your side.

Quality posters like you who post thoughtfully should be elevated much higher.

Not cool SFA!!

Rising Star Round Table - Round 6
With Dav & TIF
1) Which rookies caught your eye with their posting this week and why?

Cadaver:
I've been super impressed with my own teammate Sausages, been a very active and welcome addition to the Bears line up and has not taken a step backwards in his first few games. Was the lifeblood of the thread against the Roys. I wasn't around much this week but I also liked what I saw from Snake_Baker at the Hawks.

TheInjuryFactory:
leobarryustar and harry000 are solid contributors at the Warriors and have been great pickups this season. Sausages from the Bears is another funny campaigner, have really enjoyed his work since he joined the comp.

2) Which rookies performed well on the field?

Cadaver:
Cold Sober looks like the star of the round, picking up over 100 DT points off the bench. TigerTime_89 was a swingman for the Furies, kicking 3 goals after starting at back pocket, and Bluella managed 29 touches from the centre. Sausages forges forward as the sole rookie ruckman with 14 hitouts and 20 disposals.

TheInjuryFactory:
Yeah I agree dav, Cold Sober had a blinder with 28 disposals and a goal, as did Bluella, topping all rookies with 29 touches in Round 6. Good week for the Dragons rookies, got plenty of the qooty. leobarryustar was strong for us, 16 touches and a goal in a tight game. Sausages was super in the ruck at Vegas with his 14 hitouts and 20 disposals, and Shokunin from the Dees with 18 touches and 3 goals on a flank was an eye-catching performance for the reigning premiers.

3) Who is your Rising Star nomination for this week and why?

Cadaver:
As much as there were a couple of Dragons players that pipped him on the field, the work of Sausages both on and off the field in the past fortnight cannot be ignored. He's commanding a tough position in just his 3rd game and doing very well with 14 tapouts and 20 touches. Definitely my nominee for this round and fast becoming a favourite for this award.

TheInjurFactory:
I think Sausages for me, really like the fella, great addition to the comp and a great performance on the weekend seals it for him.

1549798653032-png.617441

Round 6

Sausages
Las Vegas Bears
Our round 6 Rising Star nominee is Sausages from the Las Vegas Bears. In just three games, Sausages has established himself as an enthusiastic poster in the mould of Bears quartet Cadaver, Test Tickle, Tandy and Barrybran, earning a run in the ruck and making the most of his early opportunities. In a 32 point win over the Roys, Sausages collected 14 hitouts, 20 disposals and five tackles en route to an Adjusted Dream Team score of 86. I spoke with Sausages and Bears captain JoshWoodenSpoon about Sausages' nomination.

Sausages

Baz:
You know how you were saying that you didn't want to be nominated for the Rising Star award? Well, I spoke with the guys in the Rising Stars thread and they completely ignored you so congratulations, you are the Round 6 Rising Star nominee!

Snags:
ROFL - FINE....must be a dearth of quality candidates though lol :D

Baz:
You've burst on to the scene and got promoted to ruck in just your second game. Your outing against the Roys netted a solid 14 hitouts and 20 disposals. If you see a sign that says "wet paint", how likely are you to touch it?

Snags:
I move towards it, expecting trouble. If no trouble presents itself, I roll my entire body lovingly over the surface, reveling in the sensation of wet, painted fur.

Baz:
You've blended well into the Bears and are often at the centre of many conversations. Is it true that because olive oil is made from olives, you thought baby oil came from mangoes?

Snags:
Someone famous once quoted "You don't put Baby in the corner". You don't put mangoes in the corner either - you eat them, messily, covering your entire face in the lush, fragrant juices and allowing your adoring fans the opportunity to lick your face clean. This can often lead to other activities, jointly pursued, of a personal nature. So, yes, I think there's certainly a case to support baby oil coming from mangoes.

Baz:
The Bears have started the season with two wins, a draw and three losses and are nowhere near the offensive juggernaut they were in season 26. How do you feel having to be on top of the onion now at Bunnings rather than under it?

Snags:
Juggernauts are funny. Typically, they are heavy. Thus, if you want to crush all and sundry, it's clearly best done by placing the heavy things atop the the squishy, lighter things. I think Bunnings are visionaries.

Baz:
You've already been touted as an EKA favourite alongside Dragons rookie AceAndy. Is it true you got some good porelain from China and called it Australia?

Snags:
Porcelain's main ingredients are feldspar and kaolin. Kaolin is the critical element, since when added to water it becomes plastic and is thus moldable, allowing the artisan to shape the creation - not unlike what occurs when exposing AceAndy to GG. Australia is the same - when you add water to Australia, you get an island nation, ready to be molded into something beautiful, full of SFA magic and GG tragics. Yes, that story is true.

Baz:
Finally, you were brought to the league by Bears captain and reigning beez medalist JoshWoodenSpoon. Tell us how you're finding the Bears and Sweet FA.

Snags:
When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I see is the mirror, looking back down at me. This reminds me of two things - how much work I have to do to reach lofty heights and how good the Bears jumper looks on me. And I owe it all to JoshWoodenSpoon and the rest of the Bears team.

Baz:
Thanks for joining us mate. Congratulations on the nomination and good luck for the rest of the season.

JoshWoodenSpoon

Baz:
Thanks for joining me, Joshy. Our Bears' teammate, Sausages, is the Round 6 Rising Star nominee. Where did you find Sausages and how did you get him to join the Sweet FA?

JWS:
I think I saw Snags posting reasonably on some contentious topic, which can be a strong start. Then delving into some posting history some strong points began to shine through, which we will get on to promptly. I then sent through a cookie cutter highly individualised recruitment PM giving him a bit of goss on the Sweet F.A. About a week later he got back to me with the trademark enthusiasm we now all know of him.

Baz:
What made you think he was a good fit for the Bears and the league?

JWS:
Whatever the discussion, Sausages was always animated in his contributions and seemed to have some varied interests. These are the sort of attributes that I find are great additions to a team, and particularly to the Vegas side, which boasts a diorama of colourful and daring weirdos. He's also able to have a good dig at someone but retain a light-hearted air - of course a strong aspect around here.

Baz:
Sausages is a good blend for the Bears. What do you hope to see from him as a the season progresses?

JWS:
Well he does have a rare compliment of stream-of-consicousness posting and imaginative quality. These are typically two divided forces, where a poster can either labour together a prosaic, intriguing piece every couple of days, or incessantly posts tripe of little consequence all week. That Bangers can produce the heights of either school, he's in a great place to sculpt out a formidable Sweet persona and really contribute a lot to the place. He's only just skimming the surface of media efforts, and one feels he could really make a splash later in the season with some considered, adventurous threads. But really we're just looking for him to keep rocking up with each week and having a blast. Soz fits in really well with our group and it's a delight having him about, even if it means listening to more Korean dance pop than I had initially factored in. From his first post in the sign-up thread we knew we'd stumbled upon a corker of a prospect, and from that point he was already flying, and well aloft of any dreams one could have for a new player. Just keep being playful and captivating and you'll go far, kid! Also please learnt how to ruck.

Baz:
Thanks for popping in, JWS. Keep churning out those rookies!

Thanks to Cadaver and TheInjuryFactory for their contributions to the round table this week, grumbleguts for the questions and Sausages and JoshWoodenSpoon for their thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks chaps :D

I don't like the spotlight though, it makes me nervous - unless we are talking an empty dance floor, with some quality old skool house playing, in which case LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED is my modus operandi :p
Old school house :hearteyes:

Choice stuff! Liked grumbleguts' investigations and Barrybran is a hero.

Top work Snaggers, you keep on soaring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back