Opinion Sad to see the G so empty for a final

Remove this Banner Ad

So 3 hours in and the queue on Ticketek is completely gone.

Heeapppssss of public reserve tickets still available, far more than Melbourne v Brisbane it seems to me.

Are we about to have under 60k for a prelim involving a VIC based team? Surely not...

Heeapppssss of public reserve tickets still available, far more than Melbourne v Brisbane it seems to me.

Are we about to have under 60k for a prelim involving a VIC based team? Surely not...

Two out of Melbourne teams scheduled at the MCG on a Friday night. What do you expect?

They should play it closer to Geelong, e.g., Docklands.

Last edited:
Brisbane have a flaky, tropical bunch of fans who mostly are only casually interested in football. Bound to happen.

Brisbane have a flaky, tropical bunch of fans who mostly are only casually interested in football. Bound to happen.
This might make sense discussing poor H/A crowds; what does it have to do with a preliminary final, a week where the second highest number of casual fans have eyes on the game and the team is going well?

43000 tickets sold not including mcc. Will easily get 60k

you have 13k more members than us in a heartland football state with 2 teams
I think this is actually a decent % increase to QLD? (I.e. not a bad result all things considered?)

Didn’t mean to cause offence, I wish the Lions took big numbers down there and caused an upset tbh.

I think each individual Collingwood fan should be rewarded because there are more of them
It's weird as how they try to even compare. but Collingwood have like 10x the amount of supporters we do, obviously they're gonna get more people to their games lol

We should be getting praised for having a good membership to crowd ratio

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's weird as how they try to even compare. but Collingwood have like 10x the amount of supporters we do, obviously they're gonna get more people to their games lol

We should be getting praised for having a good membership to crowd ratio
It was really brave of Collingwood supporters to pick a powerhouse team when they were kids. They should be rewarded for their bravery and acumen.

It was really brave of Collingwood supporters to pick a powerhouse team when they were kids. They should be rewarded for their bravery and acumen.
I wonder if Collingwood supporters were sad of their 62k and 65k semi final crowds against big interstate clubs Adelaide and West Coast back in 2009 and 2012? Melbourne’s 62k was above average for an mcg semi final of a Vic club taking on a non Vic club. 6th highest out of 17 since 2000.

EBB6B92E-D689-4CF0-844C-D97F9CC4CC8F.jpeg CA2AD73A-38E7-4E31-AAC7-88F6BA900168.jpeg

Qantas jacked up the prices for Brisbane fans wanting to fly down for the game. This would have deterred a lot of people as they would be hesitant to pay two weekends in a row if they make the Grand Final.

Melbourne was the powerhouse when I made my choice. Mum was Melbourne and dad was Collingwood. The generations since have adopted a team who has experienced endless heartbreak. Not sure about the credibility of your attempted zinger.

Melbourne was the powerhouse when I made my choice. Mum was Melbourne and dad was Collingwood. The generations since have adopted a team who has experienced endless heartbreak. Not sure about the credibility of your attempted zinger

Collingwood have only played in 44 Grand Finals or about 35% of all premiership deciders. They’ve been in obscurity for most of their history.

Melbourne was the powerhouse when I made my choice. Mum was Melbourne and dad was Collingwood. The generations since have adopted a team who has experienced endless heartbreak. Not sure about the credibility of your attempted zinger.
Shitting on clubs with a smaller fan base than yours is such dumb s**t. Fans have literally no say in how big their club is beyond their own support

Qantas jacked up the prices for Brisbane fans wanting to fly down for the game. This would have deterred a lot of people as they would be hesitant to pay two weekends in a row if they make the Grand Final.
Al Joyce did em a favour!

Tonights crowd for an emlimination final (which has the reigning premier playing to stay alive) just proves the argument made by many on big footy that in Melbourne there really are only 4 clubs that can consistently fill up the G. Pies, Tiges, Blues, Dons... PERIOD.

Did you not see the crowd Fremantle pulled in to the MCG last week

What was tonight’s crowd? Would’ve expected 65-70k considering the Lions have a decent fan base in Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back