Sam Jacobs

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say he probably just couldn't care less if Adelaide get him.

That or we really are interested and he was lying.

Agree - could easily be either

Or he'll keep going up to Matty saying, "Hey, Mr Primus, I got a note"

Most will be waaay to young to know what the hell i'm on about here:eek:

not me :eek:

:D:thumbsu:

Or he'll keep going up to Matty saying, "Hey, Mr Primus, I got a note"

Most will be waaay to young to know what the hell i'm on about here:eek:

Not all of us are that young ;)

"Up ya nose with a rubber hose!"

i was gonna list all the ruckmen that are better than jacobs, but you will just come back and say that you meant jacobs is just better than them as a "tap" ruckman. so as long as we just bring him on for the bounces then straight off the ground hey? saying he is top 5 is pretty ridiculous. even for tap im sure we can go round and say sandilands, cox, nicnat, leuernbuerger, jolly are all killer tap rucks.. even hille, goldstein, macintosh, im sure there are lots more, even after that tap what about mumford, hudson?

bullshit, he is nowhere near brogan, whose ability to step up and carry a team is way above any skill he has. brogan has an ability you wont find on any stat sheet. again stop trying to tell us this kid you're trying to get rid of is killer, we know he is doing pretty well, no doubt, stop overselling him on here.

Jolly is a byproduct of Sydney's game plan. It has turned Mumford into a star and Jolly has dropped from #1 to #6 on the list of average hitouts per game.

This is simply a result of sydney having 20 more stoppages per game then most other matches. Jacobs had more hitouts then both Mumford + Pyke combined (44 to 39 (24+15)).

The rucks above Jacobs in hitouts per game are:
#1 Sandilands
#2 Jamar
#3 Mumford
#4 Brogan
#5 Cox
#6 Jacobs

I would argue if not for sydney's game plan Mumford would not be on this list which is why I said top 5 tap rucks. The rest of the guys you mentioned are below Jacobs and NicNat isn't even in the top 20 ruckman in the comp when it comes to actually doing his job aka winning the hitouts.

I never once stated Jacobs is an athletic ruckman, he never will be a guy who runs around and gets 20 touches. Jacobs though will win you hitouts and give your mids first service of the ball and he will hold a mark up forward and kick you a goal or 2.

Brogan at the same stage of his career had stats a lot worse then Jacobs, even without improvement Jacobs is a future replacement for when a guy like Brogan retirees.

You have to be joking about me trying to oversell him on here, I stated quite clearly I want us to keep him it just isn't likely to happen because we have guys ahead of him that won't be retiring anytime soon. Regardless of that, what we do on here contrary to popular belief actually has no effect at all on what our clubs decide to do :eek:

If you ask me the athletic types aren't all they are cracked up to be, what good is Nic Nat going to be around the ground if he has lost the hitouts 40-10? The game will be over because his midfielders won't get a clearance all game.

The best way to judge Jacobs is the final vs Sydney. Crunch time when it really matters he has 44 hitouts, 9 kicks, 6 handballs, 15 disposals, 6 inside 50's against a player like Mumford who had 24 hitouts, 1 kick, 7 handballs, 8 disposals, 0 inside 50's.

Anyways he won't be going to port unless brogan retirees in the next 2 weeks.

I never once stated Jacobs is an athletic ruckman, he never will be a guy who runs around and gets 20 touches. Jacobs though will win you hitouts and give your mids first service of the ball and he will hold a mark up forward and kick you a goal or 2.

Brogan at the same stage of his career had stats a lot worse then Jacobs,

Except that Brogan didn't even start out as a footballer.

True - St Kilda is looking more likely now. King just retired, Gardiner on his last legs, two 2nd year ruck/KPFs in McEvoy/Stanley, ultimate spud Kozi & pure spud Pattison as backup. Now that's lack of ruck depth for you. Enough midfield depth to pension off Gardiner, p*ss off Pattison and play Jacobs and one of the two tall kids next year as first 22. For all I know they are secretly praying GC take Kozi off their hands. Go sell your spare ruck on their board.

Brogan at the same stage of his career had stats a lot worse then Jacobs, even without improvement Jacobs is a future replacement for when a guy like Brogan retirees.

Well you obviously know more about Jacobs than me. So what are his stats for rebounds per game?

How about shooting percentage?

NBL championships?

Jolly is a byproduct of Sydney's game plan. It has turned Mumford into a star and Jolly has dropped from #1 to #6 on the list of average hitouts per game.

This is simply a result of sydney having 20 more stoppages per game then most other matches. Jacobs had more hitouts then both Mumford + Pyke combined (44 to 39 (24+15)).

The rucks above Jacobs in hitouts per game are:
#1 Sandilands
#2 Jamar
#3 Mumford
#4 Brogan
#5 Cox
#6 Jacobs

I would argue if not for sydney's game plan Mumford would not be on this list which is why I said top 5 tap rucks. The rest of the guys you mentioned are below Jacobs and NicNat isn't even in the top 20 ruckman in the comp when it comes to actually doing his job aka winning the hitouts.

You have to be joking about me trying to oversell him on here, I stated quite clearly I want us to keep him it just isn't likely to happen because we have guys ahead of him that won't be retiring anytime soon. Regardless of that, what we do on here contrary to popular belief actually has no effect at all on what our clubs decide to do :eek:

If you ask me the athletic types aren't all they are cracked up to be, what good is Nic Nat going to be around the ground if he has lost the hitouts 40-10? The game will be over because his midfielders won't get a clearance all game.

The best way to judge Jacobs is the final vs Sydney. Crunch time when it really matters he has 44 hitouts, 9 kicks, 6 handballs, 15 disposals, 6 inside 50's against a player like Mumford who had 24 hitouts, 1 kick, 7 handballs, 8 disposals, 0 inside 50's.

ahhh stats.

one sad day, when we are dead and people are still running around playing this game they will look in the stats book at a player called brett kirk, and go, oh, he was ok.

ahhh stats.

one sad day, when we are dead and people are still running around playing this game they will look in the stats book at a player called brett kirk, and go, oh, he was ok.

Without his leadership ability thats all he ever was, just an OK player.

With Cloke gone, if Brogan gets injured (not unlikely) our ruck division will be Lobbe and Redden/Bass. I doubt we'll win a game.
Interestingly I noticed that the ruck contests two weeks ago when Collingwood played the Bulldogs favoured the Dogs 61 - 16!! Yet Collingwood won easily. It wouldn't hurt our midfield to play to losing rucks from the point of view of development. Would force them to learn contested footy at an accelerated rate you would think. Not to mention the rest of the side and coaching group.

Brogan going down would hurt us but we're not likely to be challenging for a flag next year. Lobbe would be adequate and learn a lot and who knows Redden or Bass might might be ready for a run late next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interestingly I noticed that the ruck contests two weeks ago when Collingwood played the Bulldogs favoured the Dogs 61 - 16!! Yet Collingwood won easily. It wouldn't hurt our midfield to play to losing rucks from the point of view of development. Would force them to learn contested footy at an accelerated rate you would think. Not to mention the rest of the side and coaching group.

Brogan going down would hurt us but we're not likely to be challenging for a flag next year. Lobbe would be adequate and learn a lot and who knows Redden or Bass might might be ready for a run late next year.

exactly. you learn by training, and then practicing in real world. this is how our players will get better. we have to play our rucks. our team will have to learn to win, not just when everything is easy but when they really have to work for it too.

The rest of your post is invalid.

Sssshhh, I just don't want to be bothered with wacky trade offers like Trengove and pick 16 for Jacobs. It's so hard to clean up the mess. Let them duke it out with crow fans. :cool:

According to the Advertiser, it's all crows crows crows for the Big Red, so go and bother them.

I cant help but feel that much like the coaching appointment we are keeping our cards very close to our chest about potential trades. I think we are probably in the hunt for one or two.

It is a good sign IMO that our footy club is now a very tight ship.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back