Recommitted Sam Reid [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

You do understand that the positioning of the pick is totally dependent on ladder position? They got band 1.... same as Melbourne did for Frawley., it's not a fair form of compensation - the whole industry knows this. I'm hoping for band 2 and end of first round.
You do understand it's not what you personally hope to get.

Really don't want this guy. Ideally we should just draft Brander as our future KPF and pick up a cheaper and less injury prone alternative than Reid.

Vickery is on 500k and that got 2nd round compo last year. With the new agreement (+20%) you'd need to be on 600k to warrant the same compo.

James Frawley was reportedly on 2.5mil over 4 years, which warranted round 1 compo. That works out to 625k per year in the old agreement. 625k +20% equals 750k.

(frawley contract source)
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...s/news-story/597ab8a238f450c04de39a432bd1dd09

So you'd need a team to sign him on 750k plus. Not entirely out of the question but I think it's unlikely...

Edit - please forgive my dodgy maths but that's my understanding of it all
The way compo is calculated changed after the Frawley deal. Cant use that as a baseline.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Price is irrelevant really, how much is Tom Boyd on.

Facts say Jenkins is worth more because he kicked 62 goals last year something Sam hasn't achieved, plus Sam isn't even in the top 30 goal kickers this year.

People were debating how much he is worth, I said around Josh Jenkins' price if not more.

Question might be what will Swans cough up for Ben? He ain't staying at Collingwood

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Out of the goodness of our heart we may offer him a Victoria-based membership ticket to watch his brother play when we're in town. We both no there is zero interest or chance of Ben playing for us. Think it might sadly be curtains for him.....

Out of the goodness of our heart we may offer him a Victoria-based membership ticket to watch his brother play when we're in town. We both no there is zero interest or chance of Ben playing for us. Think it might sadly be curtains for him.....
Why would it be curtains for him? He's fit and playing good football...

600K a year for Reid makes Motlop look good

reid has been really good for us this year. motlop is a joke and you won't get anything decent for him. not even gc would take him. they've got too many pea hearts as it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back