Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
That’s what I’m fearing, weak as piss bikie or more likely bikies (they’re too pissweak to do it alone) have done it over something to with the business.
Speculation aside, other than the proximity (15 km?) and timeframe (1-2 weeks), is there anything tangible connecting these two cases? What is the actual evidentiary connection between Samantha and this bikie couple?

Speculation aside, other than the proximity (15 km?) and timeframe (1-2 weeks), is there anything tangible connecting these two cases? What is the actual evidentiary connection between Samantha and this bikie couple?

Just an ugly coincidence so far I think.

Nothing, just seems to be a bit of that sort of stuff going on around the area.

Do police stop searching when there's no realistic chance of the missing person being alive, or is it because they're onto something? I assume the people still searching are just wasting their time??
I think they are pursuing a different theory from 'had an accident and got lost while running in bush'.
Based on the fact that they have found no trace of her in the most likely locations, they are probably pursuing the 'foul play' theory.
They may have a suspect or suspects, and in this case, those people may be under surveillance or being investigated in order to determine Samantha's current whereabouts.
It's about concentrating available resources in the areas most likely to produce a result. At this stage, there is little chance of finding her in or near the initial search area, and even if they did, she would most likely be deceased.

I don’t think searchers are wasting their time. I imagine the community wants to help in some way and this gives them some direction and purpose.

I would want everyone searching for my loved one even if the chances were exceedingly low.

Imagine the investigation has shifted from searching to finding out who could be responsible for her disappearance. As others have said next to no chance she is located in or near the initial search area and if she were she almost certainly would not be alive. Can imagine they are trying to account for absolutely everybody in the area on the day of her disappearance, kind of like how the coppers narrowed in on the Wonnangatta suspect by eliminating all other vehicles in the area at the time as suspects.

Of course this is a much bigger job. I have no idea if traffic cameras cover most roads into and out of the area and even if they do you have bush tracks that can be traversed to depart the area undetected.

Combing through mobile phone data would be a long & tedious process. One side of the area is populated which would make the amount of data needed to be filtered out pretty big. But the answer could well be in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But there are no police searches now, are there?
My theory is the police may not think will not find her where they are looking. As in if someone has murdered her they have taken her far away from there. They would of checked that area extensively and found it not to be believed where she is now. I would say we’re she was running it would be a somewhat clean gravel track like in the photos. So you would walk those tracks and surrounds. Only so many times you can do that.

**** YouTube channels are referring to a Daily Fail article in which it's alleged Samantha's daughter has stated that Samantha had "an appointment at 9:00 am" (?!). I haven't seen any such article. What's that all about?

Where ESTA is?.

I finished my training as a CFA, 000 call taker back in 2010. I decided to do it after Carl Williams was murdered at Barwon Prison. I was working the day it happened and while I was manning the boom gate to Bacchus Marsh Rd to keep the press and rubberneckers from Corio out, ESTA called me to do my phone interview. Great timing.

After my training I decided it wasn't for me and never worked a day actually taking calls.

off topic but i've been staying in ballarat this week. aside from the recent murders / disappearances, it's a particularly nice town, especially around the lake, hospital and station.

could live here pretty easily.

Sadly it will go the way of Geelong and be ruined by Melbourne people swamping it in the years to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back