Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
Thanks.

Funny, I never used to worry about fire in Melbourne, even living in timber homes for many years. Now living in a rural area, it's at the back of my mind all year round, even in winter thinking what else can you improve around the property to reduce the risk.

Still loving the lifestyle though! 🙂

We've had two pretty wet summers in a row. When we have a dry one undergrowth is going to be like a tinderbox.

I've watch 11 billion and 3 American true crime documentaries and here's how it commonly plays out.

Nice Mum tells Nice Dad I want a divorce.

Nice Dad gets angry because Nice Dad is about to lose his business, possibly his house and children as well.

Nice Dad has some connections with some nefarious people through his business.

Nice Dad asks these people if they know of anyone that could make Nice Mum disappear for a price.

Nice Dad is told there is and is given a price which is significantly cheaper than losing everything he owns.

Nice Dad gives these people the go ahead and also the daily routine of Nice Mum.

Naughty people wait for Nice Mum on one of these routine days and are able to bundle her into a car.

The End
Nice Mum didn't go on her annual family holiday "due to covid". Daughter in press release begged the Nice Mum to come home as though it was believed she'd left the home of her own accord (have a listen to her speech). Nice Dad acting bizarre too.

But doesn't appear to be a suspect and "ruled out at present".

Another thing, it is now widely reported Sam told her family she was going on a 14km run, she left at 7am.

As Mt Clear is 7km away that would be the return point. Meaning it possible she stopped there for a bit before heading back home. Maybe this is when the perp struck.

The impression I get from today's search is that they are searching a defined area rather than conducting a large scale line search. Of course actual reality may be different but if that were to be the case they must definitely have a hot lead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, interesting media proximity.

Did they find something, or did they intimate they found something? More pressure on a suspect?
Looks staged to me. Note the point where the policewoman motions another officer over, then touches him on the arm? Like, yeah just stand exactly there for the camera shot.

Looks staged to me. Note the point where the policewoman motions another officer over, then touches him on the arm? Like, yeah just stand exactly there for the camera shot.
I thought that was an attempt to block the view, then I saw the other camera person !

Yeah, was thinking the same. Not hard for such a small "item" to be in the forensic guys hand BEFORE he "found" it.

i always have half a thought for faking own death when doing personal solo activities outside the home. very easy to disappear without a trace if you've got a life lined up somewhere else.
but, also very easy to 'take care of someone' if their solo routine is regular and predictable.
Very easy? It’s farkin hard these days, what do you live on? You need a shitload of $$$$$,

How to you do that? Go to local shops and get fake Medicare and car licence?
Don’t think it’s that easy to line up your life with all this stuff as you said.

Fake licensed / Medicare are nigh on impossible these days even with paying insiders off.

Disappearing within Australia is not a realistic proposition unless one were to live a remote lifestyle with endless supply of cash.

Probably easier to disappear overseas.

Mistaken identity would mean another person is in danger and appears a bit of a stretch because if someone is being targeted you'd think the perpetrator would know the victim's address, movements in detail etc. Unless incompetent.

Tied to business would suggest money motives, unless there was a ransom demand I don't see how that makes sense.

Family member/friend...why would anybody attack a loved one?

Only scenario I can think of is perhaps a lover who was rejected but surely that's not a motive to attack someone. Husband would be the one with the most to lose in that kind of scenario but he appears not to be a suspect.
Incompetent haha .. you reminded me of this story. According to the Gary Jubelin podcast this dude actually lent the suitcase to the cops to put some clothes etc in when they were investigating his wifes murder. The suitcase had the body of his girlfriend in it... like he would have forgotten that.

Edwin Street suffocated his wife Dawn in their Annandale home before dumping her body at a creek near Wollstonecraft; three months later, Street stabbed his girlfriend Linda Whitton, whose body was found inside a suitcase at Whitton's home in Enmore on 23 February 1994 when the home was searched by police. Street was convicted of both murders and sentenced to two consecutive terms of life imprisonment without parole;

Remove this Banner Ad

Back