Debutant
Dec 28, 2004
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
P.A.F.C
Back -
Bock, Enright, Cornes, Adcock, Raines, Ellis, Shaw (Suban, Hurley)

Centre -
J Selwood, Cousins, Kornes, Judd, Rich, Masten (Davenport, Dangerfield)

Ruck -
Hille, McIntosh (Naitanui, Cordy)

Forward -
Riewoldt, Higgins, Sidebottom, Hawkins, Watts, J Brown, Franklin (Gumbleton, Walker)

Not bad, not bad at all.

Although your a midfielder short, i hope its not another gun cause if it is id get rid of Kornes and upgrade to a 550-600k player and put another cheap player in. If it was a cheap player u didnt write then its prob ok cause u can get some value from him (if he plays) and then upgrade Kornes. I made the mistake of Kornes last year, too many handballs and clangers resulting in a low score for the amount of ball he gets.

I'll take a jab at it......well let's get started

Backline
Ellis has had little to no pre-season and will proably if not definately miss all of the NAB Cup games. Bock and Enright are interesting premiums and could pay off big time or will have you saying the whole season "why didn't I pick Fisher or Newman :mad:". Which Shaw are we talking about. If it's Heath another premium (or close to premium) and if it's Rhyce than with the recent retirement of Kennelly you may just have found a very nice mid priced gun. But that's a big if. Raines seems to be on the outer at Tigerland. I personally wouldn't touch him...

Midfield
Selwood, Judd and Kornes all very nice selections but you may try and find some more value than Kornes. With him being listed at just over $500,000 you could always swap him for Gibbs. Cousins is intriguing as most people have gone off him after the recent release of his price. However, that may have just been because that as he was listed on Fanplanner at around $350,000 when he come out at about $100,000 bucks more they figured there was no value there. If he had of been listed at $450,000 on Fanplanner from the start many more people would probably be picking him. Because though that most SC aren't picking him you may find yourself with a gun not too many have and he could come out, average 100 points a game, improve as the season goes on and be your joker in the pack come finals time having not wasted a trade on him and gotten him at rock-bottom price. Or he could struggle with the expections, the hamstrings and the **** he might cop on and off the field. But's that's the name of the game, see which risks pay off...

EDIT: You're one midfield short, so need to fix that.

Rucks
Hille and McIntosh are good selections but not to the level of Dean Cox. I wonder why you haven't included Cox. Hmmmmm....no matter. Trade Naitanui for Vickery and Corsy for one of McEvoy (STK), Currie (SYD or White (SYD) and yous rucks will be set.

Forwardline
I suggest traded out Riewoldt for one fo Pav or Boomer Harvey for starters. Next get Watts and Sidebottom out of the starters (and with Watts out of the bench as well. He won't play). Recent news is good on Hawkins so not too bad of a selection there. Gumbleton and Walker are great back-ups and (if you trade Riewoldt for Pav) Pavlich, Franklin and Jonthan Brown as premiums are great.

End Assesment
Not a bad team, a few edits here and there and it can be a good team. Soem bold selections in there which could boom or bust, but them the reaks I guess. Even still you have about 50 days to fiddle with the team so we will wait and see. Hope that helps. :)

I suggest traded out Riewoldt for one fo Pav or Boomer Harvey for starters.

This part makes absolutely no sense. Why would you do this? Roo has been the top forward since 2006. And in 05 Pav only outscored him by 5. He outscores Pav and Boomer every year since SC opened. But do what you want

oh sorry its masten i just edit and added.
yeah ive been thinking about change kane cornes, cousins and masten (im not sure about masten) hmmm

Because he has had pre-season surgery and will miss most fo the NAB Cup if not all.....
He missed the start of 07. Didn't start until Round 4 and yet was still the Top Scorer..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(GEE) 1. ENRIGHT, Corey
(WBD) 2. GILBEE, Lindsay
(PTA) 3. CORNES, Chad
(ADE) 4. BOCK, Nathan
(ESS) 5. HURLEY, Michael
(COL) 6. SHAW, Heath
(BRL) 7. ADCOCK, Jed
------------------------------
(KAN) 8. HARVEY, Brent
(RIC) 9. COUGHLAN, Mark
(BRL) 10. RICH, Daniel
(CAR) 11. JUDD, Chris
(PTA) 12. CORNES, Kane
(GEE) 13. SELWOOD, Joel
(KAN) 14. MCINTOSH, Hamish
(ESS) 15. HILLE, David
(FRE) 16. PAVLICH, Matthew
(KAN) 17. ZIEBELL, Jack
(ADE) 18. HENTSCHEL, Trent
(HAW) 19. FRANKLIN, Lance
(COL) 20. SIDEBOTTOM, Steele
(BRL) 21. BROWN, Jonathan
(GEE) 22. HAWKINS, Tom

EMGERENCIES

(PTA) 23. BROADBENT, Matthew
(FRE) 24. SUBAN, Nick

(PTA) 25. DAVENPORT, Jason
(ADE) 26. DANGERFIELD, Patrick

(SYD) 27. WHITE, Jesse
(RIC) 28. VICKERY, Tyrone

(ADE) 29. WALKER, Taylor
(ESS) 30. GUMBLETON, Scott

NO MORE CHANGES LOL!

Here is my first draft, opinions please:

Backs: Gilbee, Goddard, C. Cornes, Malceski, R. Houlihan (Carl), Farmer
Kite and Rance EMERG

Mids: Bartel, Judd, Corey, Van Berlo, Coughlan, Rich
Dangerfield and Muston EMERG

Rucks:Hille, Ottens
Leuenberger and J Spencer EMERG

Forwards: Harvey, Deledio, Pavlich, Porplyzia, Davey (Ess), Higgins, Sidebottom
Gumbleton and Grant EMERG

Hi guys,

I've just done my first supercoach team draft but have found it mighty tough. It feels to me like all the players are more expensive than last year! LOL! :p

Anyways I like the the look of most of my team except the forward line which is really weak and I don't like much.

This is my team -

Backs -

S.Fisher. C.Cornes, Maleski

Gilbee, Newman, Waite, Petterd

Emerg - Suban, Hurley

Mids -

Dal Santo, Cross, Couglan

Judd, Bartel, Rich

Emerg - Davenport, Dangerfield

Rucks - Cox, Symonds

Emerg -

Currie, McEvoy

Forwards -

Harvey, Deledio, Pavlich

Sidebottom, Yaran, Ballantyne, Gumbleton

Emerg - T.Walker, M.Brown

Can anyone suggest any downgrading/upgrading for me? I feel like I have to ugrade at least two of my starting forward rookies. But who in my midfield and defence do I downgrade? :confused:

Thanks in advance! :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back