News Scott Camporeale might apply for the Carlton Job

Remove this Banner Ad

If I recall he did not apply for Crows coach after Phil Wal. If I recall he was concerned about the amount of time away from his family or similar. I also think that Carlton need an Alistair Clarkson type coach.

Didn’t they get an experienced multi premiership coach not long ago.
Even Clarkson would struggle at that turd factory.

If I recall he did not apply for Crows coach after Phil Wal. If I recall he was concerned about the amount of time away from his family or similar. I also think that Carlton need an Alistair Clarkson type coach.

Also he is co-owner of a building business here I believe and was concerned about having the time for that too

Still, he won’t get many better opportunities if he’s at all interested in the senior role sometime in his career. Long time Blues player, premiership player, strong record in a successful club

Didn’t they get an experienced multi premiership coach not long ago.
Even Clarkson would struggle at that turd factory.

Riewoldt rightly said they should at least ask Clarkson, start at the top of the list and work your way down

So is that how they got to Bolton?? Not wanting to kick a guy when he’s down but he wouldn’t have been far up the list would he?

IIRC he was partly chosen because he was a schoolteacher and would be good at teaching the young players

I’ve seen that thinking fail so many times I shake my head anytime it’s trotted out. Only exceptions are Choco and Clarko - who, you may notice, have something else in common other than being teachers: both hard arses who demand high standards

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought there was an interview a while back - maybe post Walshy where he didn’t exactly rule out considering a Senior Coaching role in the future

If he does choose this path I would sincerely wish him all the best
10 years with us is a long time
We could also do with some fresh injection of ideas.

Can't imagine that there will be too many high-profile people applying to coach Carlton. Could be an opportunity for them to recruit someone who has a little bit of coaching experience at the highest level.

I'm not as down on Campo as most posters here, but he's been at the Crows forever. Time to get some fresh blood in.

From what I take out of the release at the AFL web site he appears to have already spoken to Pyke. The conversation may have gone along the lines of asking Pyke would he support him IF he decides to apply. So nothing concrete. Interestly on Talking Footy last night they listed about 16 options. This is from memory. The options were at two levels. First level included, Clarko, Roos, Lyons, etc and the second level had a list of assistant coaches that might be considered. Camporeale didnt get a mention which did surprise me given the work he did after Walshy passing. So it appears the media do not rate Scott.

I could be wrong but I thought I read recently that Campo did have the intention of being a senior coach at some stage, but the crows gig and others just weren't the right timing.

I'm keen for some fresh ideas, I wouldn't mind if he left. But only if Ben Hart doesn't replace him!

I could be wrong but I thought I read recently that Campo did have the intention of being a senior coach at some stage, but the crows gig and others just weren't the right timing.

I'm keen for some fresh ideas, I wouldn't mind if he left. But only if Ben Hart doesn't replace him!

Yes, I'm surprised that more haven't mentioned this. There was a big change in the atmosphere at the start of this year, when Campo was quoted for the first time as being interested in a head-coaching position. We all suggested Carlton then. Now, we can redouble our efforts. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back