Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 6 - Roys FFC vs Sin City Swamprats at Brunswick Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

The entire world is laughing at Australia again.

This time it's not for Scott Morrison.

This time it's not for Climate Change.

This time - it's for toilet paper....

I'm going to have to change passports.... I can't face people when I travel anymore....
If they knew that the most popular sport in the country was run by sycophants who fined a team $40,000 for half a decade of illegal salary cap breach then they'd laugh some more. At least when you consider how indoctrinated the country is by the sport and its people.

I find it odd that the Herald Sun pencil pushers think Fremantle will finish 17th. They are not that bad.

I think most Freo supporters have us about the 10-12 bracket. Finals would be nice but missing 4-6 players for the first month of the season including our HB and FB will make it hard. Still Griffin Logue showed he has what it takes yesterday in a good runout against WC.

A lot of media find it easy to point to Freo and say "Yeah Nah" our only newspaper over here makes a habit of it. I generally don't pay much attention.

I think most Freo supporters have us about the 10-12 bracket. Finals would be nice but missing 4-6 players for the first month of the season including our HB and FB will make it hard. Still Griffin Logue showed he has what it takes yesterday in a good runout against WC.

A lot of media find it easy to point to Freo and say "Yeah Nah" our only newspaper over here makes a habit of it. I generally don't pay much attention.
I feel super uncomfortable when they put expectations on my team. Anything higher than 10th as a prediction makes my skin crawl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The entire world is laughing at Australia again.

This time it's not for Scott Morrison.

This time it's not for Climate Change.

This time - it's for toilet paper....

I'm going to have to change passports.... I can't face people when I travel anymore....

I'm on today. Reckon I'll kick an easy 10 goal bag
It's good to have hopes and dreams. We'll take absolutely no pleasure** in ripping them from you later today.

** OK, some pleasure.

The Herald Sun says you're going to lose!
If the Herald Sun says today is Friday, do you take it as gospel?

Reminds me of that episode of Yes Minister, where the conversation is talking about the types of people who write the various newspapers around the country. To Australianise it for you if I may, "The Australian is written by people who own the country, the Melbourne Age is written by people who think the country should be run by another country, the Sydney Morning Herald is written by people who think it already is, and the Adelaide Advertiser is written by people who don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big ****." :)

The Herald Sun says you're going to lose!
It's a Murdoch owned paper. It's never published a fact in its entire existence and that won't start today!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back