Competition Season 31 Rookie Gun of the Year - What are the chances?

Remove this Banner Ad

We know where you live.
giphy.gif

Second is better than First
I should point out that this is always going to be coming out on a Saturday. It lets those answering questions plenty of time to answer, it allows me enough time to do something in case something else comes up, it pings at rookies the day before the next round occurs and it seems to really annoy GremioPower.

Since you know that now, we can look at Round 2. With every week, more and more rookies are being played at the Half-Forward position, as if their inactivity will change if they get put into that role. What’s worse is that it’s sorta working. Aristotle Pickett and Zoops may have gotten candidacy, but due to the sheer amount of rookies playing up forward, they technically didn’t finish Top 6 for the round. Lastly, of the 2 forwards on top, one player stayed up forward while the other did nothing in his initial spot and got moved to the back of the field. So, sorry Heardy_101, the Round 2 Gun nomination went to…

1613801478518.png 1613802635319.png

GREENESHOOTS was voted the best rookie of the week, despite suffering a loss to one of the other rookies. Have a look at these highlights.

When he wouldn’t let the ball leave the Forward 50 until the Furies got a goal.
1 : 3.09 {CHB} - eth-dog looking for a lead.
1 : 3.13 {lHBF} - A long looping handpass to NinjaSwan.
1 : 3.17 {lHBF} - NinjaSwan is chased down by GREENESHOOTS - great effort!.
1 : 3.19 {CHF} - TJASTA looks downfield.
1 : 3.23 {CHF} - He has a bounce.
1 : 3.27 {FF} - That kick is a real floater.
1 : 3.31 {FF} - Atrocious kick. Not even kilometre perfect.
1 : 3.33 {rBP} - Nobody's checking TY24.
1 : 3.38 {lHBF} - A flat punt.
1 : 3.42 {lHBF} - That's poor kicking and the mark is swallowed up by GREENESHOOTS.
1 : 3.46 {rHFF} - GREENESHOOTS has it. What can he do with it?.
1 : 3.52 {rHFF} - A wild handball - but luckily Mister M was well placed to clean up.
1 : 3.52 {FF} - He rewards the Elton Johns Wig lead.
1 : 3.58 {FF} - Great mark! No! The umpire calls play on.
1 : 4 {FF} - Elton Johns Wig breaks a tackle and is off.
1 : 4.04 {FF} - Elton Johns Wig goes for goal.
1 : 4.07 {FF} - Elton Johns Wig likes it and so does the goal umpire.
Fighting Furies FFC : 1.0.6
East Side Hawks : 1.0.6
This tackle, one of many on his opponent.
2 : 13.37 {lHBF} - NinjaSwan picks it up on the bounce.
2 : 13.39 {lHBF} - Great tackle on NinjaSwan.
2 : 13.43 {rHFF} - Not enough pressure on GREENESHOOTS.
2 : 13.49 {CHF} - Gets a handpass away to TJASTA.
You don’t see enough crumbing efforts these days.
2 : 22.37 {rHBF} - With the ball is Zoops.
2 : 22.39 {rHBF} - Smashed by ChappyUK.
2 : 22.45 {rHFF} - GREENESHOOTS scoops up the ball.
There’s a reason why Greene is in his username.

3 : 5.46 {FB} - Biggie slowing down the play.
3 : 5.49 {lHBF} - A measured kick to NinjaSwan.
3 : 5.54 {lHBF} - GREENESHOOTS plants a foot on NinjaSwan's neck and takes a screamer.
An intercepting mark that led to a goal.
3 : 7.3 {CHB} - Long handpass to the running Chipmunk.
3 : 7.33 {lHBF} - A wild kick laterally towards NinjaSwan.
3 : 7.34 {lHBF} - GREENESHOOTS is in the way and will mark.
3 : 7.39 {rHFF} - GREENESHOOTS wants to get on with proceedings.
3 : 7.45 {CHF} - He involves TJASTA in the play.
3 : 7.47 {CHF} - TJASTA bombs it into the forward line.
3 : 7.49 {CHF} - Top goal.
Fighting Furies FFC : 10.5.65
East Side Hawks : 9.6.60
Finally, finishing the game with a great grab.
4 : 12.5 {lW} - A quick handpass to Rioli8217.
4 : 12.52 {rHFF} - That's a real up and under.
4 : 12.54 {rHFF} - I can't believe GREENESHOOTS held on to that. What a mark.
Better make that two.
4 : 22.04 {lW} - A long looping handpass to Lady Godava.
4 : 22.06 {lW} - Handpass over the shoulder to Piggy Smalls.
4 : 22.08 {rHFF} - That kick makes it hard for GREENESHOOTS.
4 : 22.12 {rHFF} - A very good mark to GREENESHOOTS.

Now onto the part that you're here for. I caught up with Tigerturbulance at Kittens after he got back from camping. Since we had a rookie with us, we had to make do with the rookie's table in the alleyway next to the establishment.
1613802737680.png

Luckily, Turbo has an inflatable hot tub wherever he goes so we just used that instead. GREENESHOOTS still had to use the rookie's table though.

FG: Hey Turbo, despite the loss on the weekend, you have one of your recruits be nominated for the Gun of the Week. How does it feel?

TT: Only surprised it took this long.

FG: Congrats on getting GREENESHOOTS over to the Furies. Where did you find him, and how is he settling in?
TT: Bastyy hangs around some seedy places and apparently came across him in some degenerate farm pr0n crack house, so I knew straight away he would be a perfect fit at the Furies. GREENESHOOTS has settled in well and made himself at home in the dumpster and doesn't b*tch about cleaning the visitors crappers.

FG: He's been handy for you guys at Half-Forward, what are your on-field aspirations for GS?
TT: With a name like GREENESHOOTS I knew he had to be a natural qoal kicker, that combined with his youth and fitness led to the selectors putting him in as HFF, a position requiring qoal sense and the ability to cover a fair bit of paddock. Besides TJASTA is our CHF and is a lazy campaigner who need the qooty feed to him to make him look good, fortunately GREENESHOOTS is up for the job of flogging the opposition CHB as well as helping TJ look good.

FG: I know there's other rookies at Hippodrome this year, how have they been going themselves?
TT: Grrr discovered our goon making facility so doesn't make any sense at all

Mrs haydo has been a good pickup and plays HBF and is being mentored by Lady Godava at CHB on how to flog the fancy oppo FWDS. Mrs haydo has to put up with haydo on a regular basis, so we knew she could handle SFA flogs and be a professional qooty player.

FG: Now that we're into the season and we've seen what rookies every other team has, are there any other rookies that you wish you had gotten your hands on that go alright at qooty?
TT: what there are more than the 3 we got?

Before I could correct him, GREENESHOOTS managed to distract me long enough to remind me that he was there.

FG: Hey GREENESHOOTS! Congratulations on the nomination even though you didn't get the win. You must be pleased with how you went in the game. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?

GS: The half forward flank is a difficult position to play, thankfully our midfield was dominant so I was able to find a lot of the footy, the Hawks defence was terrible so I was afforded a lot of space to run down the flanks and find our other forwards.

Bastyy asked me to join the Furies for this season, on account of my ****posting on the bay, I was honoured to join such a prestigious club. When I saw theclub video showing how the Furies go about it I knew they were an elite club and their kit colours are very nice too.

I heard about it in previous seasons when Bombers and another side asked me to join but their teams did not appeal to me.

FG: What are your first impressions of the place? Is Turbo, TJASTA and the rest of the Furies looking after you?
GS: Turbo and the crew have a great culture and obviously Turbo is an elite poster.
It was a tough pre season with Ned sending me to the dumpster but after I got used to TJASTA telling me to fu** off all the time I started to settle in.

FG: How do you prepare for a qooty match? Did you think you were going to be a chance of getting the nomination this week with the amount of rookies that are playing forward?
GS: I take a trip to the mountains were I train for 10 hours the day before the match, then I print out avatars of my opponents and think about how I can outQooty them.

For me all I can worry about is my performance and playing my role for the team any accolades I get our an honour but ultimately out of my control.

FG: What would you like to achieve on the field during your SFA career?
GS: First of all I would like to play deeper in the forward line, as the flanks requiring a lot of running and I prefer to sit closer to goal.
My Photo editing skills require a lot of work to catch up to other posters.

FG: Have there been any other teams that have stood out for you on the field, or players that you model your qooty on?
GS: I have not seen a lot of the other teams, but Baghdad Bombers seem to have a big rivalry with the Furies.
I think Santoz, Turbo and TheInjuryFactory are very funny posters

FG: Who else do you think will win the Gun of the Year, and the overall Rising Star? Reckon you’re a shot?
GS: Well CatsnLakers can't win rookie of the year because all he does is spam gifs and DockerDenPostcode defected from the furies so he's a traitor so it would be an indictment on SFA if either of those two won Rookie of the Year.
All I can do is to continue to train in the mountains.

And there you have it folks, the Round 2 Gun Nominee! Let's see what happens tomorrow for Round 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back