Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 15 - Ophidian Old Boys v Gumbies FFC at Spotswood Park (QOOTY ON A THURSDAY!!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard this was actually in your wedding vows
I still like the bloke who keeps playing his wedding video backwards, because it shows him leaving the church a free man :).

Thanks philreich for posting.

Well done on your win Ophidian and in the process becoming the first team to qualify for the finals. Thanks for having us.

Gumbies, take a breath and to the next match thread we go.

thanks for the week Gumbies but we were never going to lose when it was my 200th game and the cup2spoon2cup dream is alive

cheers philreich for posting the game and getting the right result :kissingheart:

no time to rest Old Boys and Gals, enjoy the night celebrating our win then tomorrow we get back to training and focus on smashing the fur balls on Sunday
Congratulations on your 200th and good luck with the production of your adult film cup2spoon2cup

You actually want me to wake up the committee?

Maybe wait until tomorrow morning - bring them Irish coffee and cake for morning tea

Apologies for ******* off so abruptly!

Congrats to our mighty OOB’s 🔥🔥🔥 and to Tigerturbulance for leading US once again into victory! #200

Thanks Gumbies for a short but sweet week! Lots of fun banter!
Good luck for the rest of the season. 🫶🏻

And ofc to my fave match poster
Thanks philreich for dragging it out!

I liked how you made them think they NEVER had a chance! Then gave them a small glimmer and then snatched it away again!
You’re so naughty 😘

Congrats on the win OOBs

It's been a fun week, even if it was a bit shorter than normal - Gumby enjoyed the opportunity to unleash his Furry side

Good luck for the rest of your season, and looking forward to a potential rematch come finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The OOBs and the Blues get the win on Thursday nighty qooty/footy.:D The Blues nearly blew it though!

Anyway commiserations to the Gumbies, but there's a good chance we'll be seeing each other in the finals.

Great win yet again OOBs let's put the Furies to the sword now.👍

Congratulations to our captain Tigerturbulance on reaching the 200 games milestone. The captain has been having a stellar season so far for us.

Here's to another 200 games as well in this league. We are very lucky here at the OOBs to have the best captain and leader in the league running the show here.

Last edited:
Dude how did you feel before last season - getting so close to a flag, but never actually getting the big prize. It'd be like the NZ cricket team: always so close to winning the World Cup, but forever the bridesmaid.

Or Duke Univ men's basketball... from 1960s through 1990.

Everybody bitches at Duke now (after 5 NCAA championships) but they conveniently forget how many years we were the bridesmaids...

I'm going to do some training in preparation for the game soon

martial arts karate GIF

Save that GIF for our next Dragons game.

DORY 100 GAMES!!

Just want to acknowledge and congratulate Dory_77 in the match thread on their 100th game today. A fabulous part of our club, Dory is the 25th person to 100 games for the Gumbies and today there is a record-equalling TEN 100+ game Gumbies in the team.

Go well mate and hopefully you kick a shedload of goals today.

View attachment 1983829

Also, congratulations to Tigerturbulance on the occasion of your 200th career game. A giant of the league who is probably the favourite right now to win the S37 beez Trophy and thus double their collection.

Yay Dory_77, my favorite Metalocalypse persona in the Sweet FA!

Big thing, century, etc. good on you.

Wow, what a win! Thanks for the myocardial infarctions, philreich!

Had a lot of fun this week with you Gumbies, despite being a short one.

Where did Chat Pile get off to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back