Game Day Semi Final 2017: Cats vs Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guthrie out is huge for the Cats, has been an important cog of their midfield all year. It would be like losing Hannebery or Heeney.

Can they cover him? Probably not since they dropped another midfielder to bring in two forwards. Bizarre team selection really, but I guess they're rolling the dice and counting on i50 dominance again.

Going to be hard to do that with Murdoch out, Guthrie out, Dangerfield carrying a knee injury and Selwood hardly looking capable of getting around.

They've still got bigger bodied Duncan, s**t Selwood and Menegola in the midfield against our smaller mids, so you can never say never. s**t Selwood had a good game against us last time.

Shut down their rebound off half back and we're golden. Go in hard early and work then off the ball.

I'd play Hewett against Dangerfield and KJ on the resting mid. Towers goes to Thuoy and shuts him down.

Overall our midfield depth should smash their skinny midfield and Naismith should be able to break even.

Henderson > Chief
Lonergan > Franklin
Mackay > Reid
Kolodjashnij > Rohan
Thuoy > Towers/Hewett/Papley

Grundy > Porkins
Rampe > Taylor
Mills > Menzel

Height is where the Cats can get us in defence if they play Smith & Blicavs deep. There might be a late change for this match since Cunningham doesn't really have a match up except maybe Motlop.
Agree about Guthrie

People massively overrating Guthrie here, he's gone backwards this season. Hardly a huge loss for the Cats.

Maybe not a world beater, but still a big loss as the guys coming in for him are much lesser players.

For context, Heeney hasn't set the world on fire the past month or two, but he'd still be a loss. Bit of the same same with Guthrie...

Win this win the GF

Weather luck is annoying imo

With there injuries it would be a pretty crap loss

I'm glad you have woken up happy & positive Punts.
I'm with you on this one. We should get this mob easy but rain, umps, injury, 6 day break interstate game etc, etc swings it away from us a little but we should still be good enough to deal with anything that is thrown at us tonight. May we stay injury free & report free.

Swans by 17 points, defending until the very last minute.
Go Bloods.

Well, there's Joel and his brother Scott, so one of them has to be the s**t one

He is not s**t though. Scooter is a good player in his own right.

Each to their own I guess if that's how you want to address him

Taking nothing away from the Cats ,I just think it would be a massive failure to drop this due to there injuries on and off the field tonight
Kolo and parsons barely made it through the game last week , Selwood and danger are injured
They lost Guthrie and missing cokotoo

They have brought in Lang after 6 or so weeks out

We should do it

So since we smashed them at Simmons

OUT: Hayze, Tippo, Melican
IN: Cunners, Naismith, JPK

OUT: Guthrie, Simpson, Murdoch, Thurlow, Buzza
IN: Biclavs, Danger, Motlop, Lang, Menzel

I think JPK pretty much trumps all their inclusions bar Danger (who is injured).

A lot of targets and outside players selected for them. Menzel and Motlop could tell the tale tonight depending how they go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So since we smashed them at Simmons

OUT: Hayze, Tippo, Melican
IN: Cunners, Naismith, JPK

OUT: Guthrie, Simpson, Murdoch, Thurlow, Buzza
IN: Biclavs, Danger, Motlop, Lang, Menzel

I think JPK pretty much trumps all their inclusions bar Danger (who is injured).

A lot of targets and outside players selected for them. Menzel and Motlop could tell the tale tonight depending how they go.

Selwood basically playing with a peg leg and Danger carrying a medial

Y

Well, there's Joel and his brother Scott, so one of them has to be the s**t one

Reminds me of this classic sledge from Englishman James Ormond to Mark Waugh:

Upon Ormond’s arrival at the crease Mark Waugh said . “* me, look who it is. Mate, what are you doing out here? There’s no way you’re good enough to play for England.”

Ormond replied: “Maybe not, but at least I’m the best player in my family.”

First thing my first client says today:

"So, you confident about tonight? Who's going to be your Nick Davis this year?"

Aaaarrrggghhhh... my nerves!!!
Magic (smother, God of Shoulder, ...) moments Papley !!!!!!!

Guthrie out is huge for the Cats, has been an important cog of their midfield all year. It would be like losing Hannebery or Heeney.

Sorry but no - I'm a big Guthrie fan but he's been incredibly disappointing this season. Won't finish top 12 in our B&F if that's an indicator of his form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back