Racing September Daily Punt: Springtime Squib Sloppiness Starts Soon

Group1 winners? the turnball and the 2 pretend ones in Sydney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Timeform go 143, 5th greatest of all time and the best American/dirt horse.

Beyer a bit more conservative but still close to the Goat.

Last edited:

BOB all in fave for the RTR surely a stitch up job off that first run?

Not sure how Spacewalk is $11 - would have flogged them last start if he hadn't run in like a mad man. Little gear chance from Jimmy C and he could be ready to explode

totally unbiased for sure...

There is no point comparing as they are virtually different sports. You get absolutely ludicrous margins much more regularly on Dirt than Turf. How many 8+ length turf G1 wins have their been in oz in the last 30 years?

Brigadier Gerard,takes me back to my childhood,from memory Joe Mercer the jockey and dick hern trainer?

Before my time and the one I know least of due to his lack of performance as a stallion. I do know he managed to find mill reef and was soon after Nijinsky. Could nearly be considered a golden age as I think secretariat popped up soon after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked the resumption of Kin at Newcastle for a race like Saturday at around the 50s mark.

Looked a bit raw, good through the line, good margins to third. 2nd was well backed, easy run, good trial good previous form and holds feature noms and had it covered over 900.

Really like Silvanito @ Canterbury tomorrow. Have taken a bit of the 100s for the Guineas. Was in a deep race in its maiden campaign. Watching its last race, may have come on.

Back