Event SFA Hall of Fame Inductions - Class of Season 35 - 4:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

MRRcciK.png

Welcome all to the Season 35, Hall of Fame induction ceremony. The Hall of Fame Subcommittee has voted to induct one new member and elevate one Hall of Famer to the status of Immortal. A celebration of their achievements and contributions to the SFA will proceed at 4:30pm AEST.

damicky omgfridge jackster83 thewizardmelon Elton Johns Wig Cadsky TedDougChris tony T2B_ Jabba73 Falconista manangatang TheInjuryFactory

Each season, a select few greats of the game are inducted as members of the Sweet FA Hall of Fame.

The Hall of Fame Presentation is one of the Sweet FA’s most prestigious events.

In Season 13, the Sweet FA announced 6 inductees into the Sweet FA Hall of Fame. The subsequent addition of 28 inductees has increased the Sweet FA Hall of Fame to 34. Among this number are 6 Sweet FA Hall of Fame Immortals (there is a restriction that no more than 20 per cent of inductees may be Immortals). Individuals are selected for Immortal status if they have caused the game to change significantly for the better.

The Sweet FA Hall of Fame seeks to recognise and enshrine players who have made significant contributions to the Sweet FA – in a variety of roles – since the game’s inception in 2001. The committee considers candidates on the basis of record, engagement, integrity, character, service to the league. The number of games played or years of service is a consideration only and does not determine eligibility.

There is a restriction in place to ensure that there is never more Hall of Fame members than there are seasons completed.

A summary of inductees can be found below.

Hall of Fame MemberInduction Season
hof.png
Immortal Elevation Season
ezgif-4-95c42dc08a.png
Sweet FA Plus Profile
Ljp8613 - LINK22 - LINKLjp86 - Profile
Boncer3413 - LINK16 - LINKBoncer34 - Profile
Mobbs13 - LINK16 - LINKMobbs - Profile
Fred13 - LINK19 - LINKFred - Profile
Deestroy13 - LINKDeestroy - Profile
eagleskickass13 - LINKEka - Profile
rfctigerarmy14 - LINKRfctigerar - Profile
dougthelegend14 - LINKDougtheleg - Profile
wce_all_da_way15 - LINKWally - Profile
Pie 4 Life15 - LINKhttps://sweetfa.plus/players/PIE 4 LIFE
Broken16 - LINK26 - LINKBroken - Profile
Tarkyn_2416 - LINK34 - LINKTarkyn_24 - Profile
ClarkeM17 - LINKClarkem - Profile
Itsmyshow17 - LINKItsmyshow - Profile
Frankston Rover18 - LINKFrankston - Profile
croweater 4118 - LINKCroweater - Profile
okeydoke719 - LINKOkeydoke7 - Profile
beez22 - LINKBeez - Profile
Eth22 - LINKEth - Profile
Biggie25 - LINKBiggie - Profile
larrikin25 - LINKLarrikin - Profile
ant55525 - LINKAnt555 - Profile
The Filth Wizard25 - LINKhttps://sweetfa.plus/players/THE FILTH
Hate26 - LINKHate - Profile
Dingster26 - LINKDingster - Profile
loopy_cam27 - LINKLoopy_Cam - Profile
pantskyle28 - LINKPantskyle - Profile
DemonJim29 - LINKDemonjim - Profile
Kennedy Parker30 - LINKhttps://sweetfa.plus/players/KENNEDY PA
fitzroybowiedog32 - LINKFitzroybow - Profile
sausageroll34 - LINKSausagerol - Profile
spookism34 - LINKSpookism - Profile
Ant Bear34 - LINKhttps://sweetfa.plus/players/ANT BEAR
Headless34 - LINKHeadless - Profile

Hall of Fame Induction
FGZw6TL.gif

4fSF4HS.gif
Thanks TheInjuryFactory for the graphics
Nomination for Hall of Fame - by Kennedy Parker:
brahj is an iconic character in the SFA having burst onto the scene as a part of the revived Las Vegas Bears in their first season since readmission in Season 18. Then he won the EKA Medal for the best rookie season from a stacked field and would go on to captain the Bears the following season. He would go onto win the club best and fairest along with his first All-SFA selection in Season 19 cementing himself as one of the elite players of the league.

brahj would not slow down in Season 20 as he achieved the honour of being named the All-SFA captain for the season despite playing half the season in the back pocket after losing a bet with VC Quivorir. Under his leadership, the Bears would be considered the strongest posting unit in the league for that season with BigJoeD_ lauding the Bears as having the best core posting unit in the league with brahj himself being the best, and Okeydoke7's relevancy rankings naming the Bears as the most relevant club of Season 20.

After a move to full forward in Season 22, brahj would be instrumental in helping the Las Vegas Bears win their first ever premiership with an All-SFA caliber season and an outstanding finals series. In a tense grand final with the Bears trailing the Dragons by 16 points with 3 minutes to spare, they would kick 3 goals in 2 minutes with brahj booting through what is ultimately the winner as Las Vegas prevailed by 2 points.

A move to the East Side Hawks (now Phoenix) would refresh his career with the highlight being winning the Mobbenfuhrer Medal in Season 24, his second best and fairest and his fourth selection as he helped the Hawks finish the regular season on top of the ladder and make it to the Grand Final. Brahj would move to the Royals in Season 27, and some strong seasons in the midfield would allow him to add a third best and fairest in Season 28 before being a part of the iconic first ever Royals premiership side in Season 30.

Beyond brahj's Qooty achievements, he is most known for a cutting wit and posting prowess matched by few others. He consistently place high in the Beez Trophy, finishing runner up in Season 23 and making the top 20 on five occasions. He also has created a trilogy of epic threads which are amongst some of the largest on the board and have stood the test of time including:
#scandal (the largest ever media thread in the history of the league)
The Sweet FA Landfill (a timeless institution of the league used by administrators and moderators for quality control)
SFA Ask Me Anything (a classic mega thread that is renewed across generations)

For the Class of Season 35, we induct everybody's favourite sloth brahj into the SFA Hall of Fame. Personally, I think of brahj, I think of the best of antagonistic banter within the league. His cutting wit is able to humiliate anyone in a match thread with a single line, while he is also able to construct hilarious stories that are creative, relevant and leave you on the floor with laughter. Brahj has made some of the league's most notorious contributions, including the longest thread in history #scandal, and the SFA landfill still in-use today.

This to go with the fact that he has dominated the sim, winning the Mobbs Medal in Season 24 and played a key role in 2 premierships. He kicked the winning goal in the S22 grand final where RU_ famously said "BRAAAAAAHHHHJJJ" in commentary and smashed a Bombers player in the prelim to the help the Royals to the maiden S30 premiership.

I've had the pleasure of playing with brahj in S30 and have a glimpse of his best. Congratulations mate, here are some tributes from others who have played alongside you over the years.

DemonJim, Spookism, pantskyle and TFW - speeches
DemonJim: It all started with the time he co-captained the Bears with me. We both couldn't really be bothered doing it.
I got stabbed in the back, he was fine with it.
We both got suspended, and had a great time in Thailand on an impromptu trip.

There's also so sort of thread about ruours or such.
Good times.
Had a drink with him once or twice. Good bloke.
What were we talking about?

spookism: Congrats on that thing you did Brahj.

pantskyle:
I was first drawn to brahj due to him having a cool av of chewbacca potentially playing the sax, I dunno it was ages ago, chewbacca existed. I got him to the Bears and raised the cub into a ferocious animal who killed heaps of posters, sometimes for no reason at all. In this league I am his father and I love him like an online son.

brahj has not only had a terrific career with many accolades he has also created some of the finest media the league has ever or will ever see. The winner of this seasons The Golden Pants is Tonga Bob who has oozed class this season as the Warriors leader

golden_pants3-jpg.1165581

brahj was also one of the first members of the mysterious boys club to which this day people do not know who any of the members are. They terrorised the league and literally turned men into crying babies begging for mama. Some say the BC (this means Boys Club but abbreviated) were the leagues greatest villains, not me though, I thought they did a great job. Make the league great again, let's do a new BC but bigger and better and meaner. And lets bring brahj back.

Today is the right day for this Hall of Fame addition, I tip my fedora to you and wish you the best in life.

Good day.

The Filth Wizard:
I've been lucky to post and play and muck about privately with some of the best posters this league has ever seen and brahj is perhaps the finest all rounder we have seen in the sense that his match thread posting is an equal to his media posting. I'm not afraid to say I love him, you can lose (or win) hours hanging out with the bloke and it's no coincidence the Sweet FA podcast was its loosest and riskiest when he was my co-host, if he wasn't talking he was laughing and it was infectious. He's a fearless poster, saved a lot of his good work as a member of the BC but was also quite a famous Royal Rumble competitor.

Anyway, that's the personal stuff. Being loved by me doesn't get you into the HOF (the All-SFA though? Some would muse). Onfield brahj has a resume many would dream of, starting his career with an EKA, nabbing a Mobbs, 4 x All-SFA and two flags including the famed S30 Royals win meaning he is for all time immortalised on the greatest Sweet FA GIF in existence.

ezgif-2-78fa2625fda6.gif

All in a shade under 300 games. He also helped herald in the mid phase of the Sweet FA, where the jewel that is the sim became almost a second though as posting and personality took over. Not only that, but media and with #scandal we had one of the most revered and important ongoing media pieces as brahj ran with any piece of scuttlebutt he could find, true or not but mostly true. Often imitated but never repeated, as soon as the sloth posted an update the league was quick to read and more often than not a simple report would lead to the biggest Sweet FA story for the week. Again, in a time when banter, character and personality was taking hold this was the tool to ensure a little extra spice for that weeks match threads and often spilled across the tablecloth we call the greater Sweet FA. Naturally, the thread has been certified legendary and today, with his Hall Of Fame entry cemented in, so too has brahj. Like one of his favourite gifs, we can only thank him for making this place a little spicier.

Tongue GIF

Nomination for Hall of Fame - by Kennedy Parker:
brahj is an iconic character in the SFA having burst onto the scene as a part of the revived Las Vegas Bears in their first season since readmission in Season 18. Then he won the EKA Medal for the best rookie season from a stacked field and would go on to captain the Bears the following season. He would go onto win the club best and fairest along with his first All-SFA selection in Season 19 cementing himself as one of the elite players of the league.

brahj would not slow down in Season 20 as he achieved the honour of being named the All-SFA captain for the season despite playing half the season in the back pocket after losing a bet with VC Quivorir. Under his leadership, the Bears would be considered the strongest posting unit in the league for that season with BigJoeD_ lauding the Bears as having the best core posting unit in the league with brahj himself being the best, and Okeydoke7's relevancy rankings naming the Bears as the most relevant club of Season 20.

After a move to full forward in Season 22, brahj would be instrumental in helping the Las Vegas Bears win their first ever premiership with an All-SFA caliber season and an outstanding finals series. In a tense grand final with the Bears trailing the Dragons by 16 points with 3 minutes to spare, they would kick 3 goals in 2 minutes with brahj booting through what is ultimately the winner as Las Vegas prevailed by 2 points.

A move to the East Side Hawks (now Phoenix) would refresh his career with the highlight being winning the Mobbenfuhrer Medal in Season 24, his second best and fairest and his fourth selection as he helped the Hawks finish the regular season on top of the ladder and make it to the Grand Final. Brahj would move to the Royals in Season 27, and some strong seasons in the midfield would allow him to add a third best and fairest in Season 28 before being a part of the iconic first ever Royals premiership side in Season 30.

Beyond brahj's Qooty achievements, he is most known for a cutting wit and posting prowess matched by few others. He consistently place high in the Beez Trophy, finishing runner up in Season 23 and making the top 20 on five occasions. He also has created a trilogy of epic threads which are amongst some of the largest on the board and have stood the test of time including:
#scandal (the largest ever media thread in the history of the league)
The Sweet FA Landfill (a timeless institution of the league used by administrators and moderators for quality control)
SFA Ask Me Anything (a classic mega thread that is renewed across generations)

For the Class of Season 35, we induct everybody's favourite sloth brahj into the SFA Hall of Fame. Personally, I think of brahj, I think of the best of antagonistic banter within the league. His cutting wit is able to humiliate anyone in a match thread with a single line, while he is also able to construct hilarious stories that are creative, relevant and leave you on the floor with laughter. Brahj has made some of the league's most notorious contributions, including the longest thread in history #scandal, and the SFA landfill still in-use today.

This to go with the fact that he has dominated the sim, winning the Mobbs Medal in Season 24 and played a key role in 2 premierships. He kicked the winning goal in the S22 grand final where RU_ famously said "BRAAAAAAHHHHJJJ" in commentary and smashed a Bombers player in the prelim to the help the Royals to the maiden S30 premiership.

I've had the pleasure of playing with brahj in S30 and have a glimpse of his best. Congratulations mate, here are some tributes from others who have played alongside you over the years.
Congratulations brahj. It's an honour to play alongside you every week.

In honour of Sweet FA Hall of Famer brahj I shall refer to my favourite of all his works:

Hall of Fame Immortal
YoQSkTt.gif

JjVblav.gif

Nomination For Immortal Elevation - by okeydoke7:
There are better CVs (see yours truly), but Hate is being nominated due to his off field contributions to this league which, in my view, are unrivaled.

For the 14 years I’ve been in this league, I’ve seen the grappling with league history and stats. The focus on this ebbed and flowed. It relied on volunteers. It vanished from the game, had a small resurgence and then vanished again.

Hate has long contributed to this league by running it, by respecting, preserving and promoting the rich tapestry of Sweet FA History.

But it’s the development of his project, Sweet FA+, which has been his crowning moment. The single greatest contribution to this league we all love and enjoy since Mobbs created qooty and the Sweet FA.

Hate deserves to be immortal. And the fact that’s coming from me, a shameless self promoter who has long argued his case to be named an immortal (again, I’m ahead of a couple in there already) should mean something. Hate deserves it ahead of anyone right now for his fantastic service to this league.

There's not much more I can say about this man that has already been said.

I'll just leave this here. This is an excerpt from a PM conversation that he and I shared back in Season 22 - 2017. It was when he first requested data for the SFA stats. At the time, he didn't know too much about Excel.

My point is, I'm hoping that this is an example of how far you can go and what you can be capable of if you have passion for the league and enthusiasm to work on a project. We see the amazing work of SFA+ today, but there's plenty of hours and weeks and years of work in learning and studying that nobody sees to get to this point.

How'd you manage the aggregated stats without the results of the S22 H&A Season (do you have them)? Also how'd you go about updating the Extended Stats each week? Never really understood that sort of stuff. I've only recently fully learned how to turn Danoz's team stats sheet into a fresh sheet for a new season. Took me ages.

I didn't have any of Danoz's files during the season so I made that sheet through a lot of trial and error of formatting, copy pasted results straight from the sim into the specific rows for each player.

It was a pretty inefficient system, early days a week's stats took 3 hours.

Far out that's a fair effort. You have his sheet now? His team stats sheet is fairly impressive in what it can do.

Have you got the S22 results on a sheet? I've done a few rounds so far.

Yeah i have the S21 version but I don't entirely comprehend how it works to reset it for a new season. I let AB take care of the team stats with his own custom layout.

S22 results, no. I did the finals myself and I'll need to go back and fill the H/A gap some day.

I'm sure you'll figure it out. It took me ages to figure out Danoz's sheet, I knew nothing about excel before it.

I'll send you all the results updated when I'm done. Give me a few days.

Congratulations Hate, on the highest honour in the league, none more deserving.

Here are some tributes from teammates.

Tarks and Headless - Speeches
Headless: There is nobody in the Sweet FA more deserving of the Immortal title than our dear friend Hate.

Since entering the league, Hate has been a consistent source of terrifically high-quality posting and quick wit, and we have been fortunate to have had Hate around for some time now.

Hate’s biggest contribution to the league, Sweet FA+, I think has in some ways actually diminished Hate’s tireless contributions prior to the masterpiece’s launch. For countless seasons, Hate kept stats, contributed to lore, responded to requests, helped with milestone threads, and no doubt performed any number of other tasks behind the scenes that I’m not even aware of. Newer posters may not be aware of Hate’s prior contributions, but Hate was the go-to poster for any sort of stat request or obscure query.

Four Frankston Rover Medals across the span of more than ten seasons goes some way to demonstrating how highly the league and league administrators have rated Hate, but nothing can truly demonstrate how valuable to this league Hate has been and continues to be.

Hate is a former administrator, guiding the place through what was one of its most turbulent phases. Hate has played more than 300 games across four clubs, and has carried seven All-Sweet FA jackets. Hate is the all-time leader for hit-outs, and ranks in the top three for tackles and frees for.

On a personal level, I have found Hate to be an unbelievable poster and teammate. On a leadership level, Hate’s passion for the league is absolutely clear - I’m not sure many if any get this place quite like Hate does. But Hate also boasts a wonderful combination of politeness, sharpness, knowledge, to which many of us couldn’t hold a candle.

Hate is an extremely deserving inductee to Immortal ranks. I am incredibly grateful for the time and effort Hate has contributed to this place. The league has benefitted to a hugely significant degree from Hate’s involvement, and this is appropriate acknowledgement of those contributions.

Tarkyn_24: Congratulations Hate

Hate is the lifeblood of this competition as far as I’m concerned. He’s an engaging poster who takes everything in his stride and in good nature, yet who has a reverence for the competition and it’s histories, which in turn makes his contributions unmatchable by basically all others that have come.

The most prominent memories I have of Hate are from our time as teammates together, but even before this he was one poster for which I had a huge amount of respect for. He is a dominant figure in the history of the East Side Hawks and his care for the legacy of the competition is top tier. My personal favourite Hate contribution was his season and a half long countdown to my 1,000th goal, in which he took in great nature my meandering, limping, spluttering form line on the way to the milestone. I dearly miss my weekly performances being assessed for Tarky_Stars, and the exasperation and resignation in his contributions to the thread as it continued well beyond its before date. His endeavour to see that job out to its conclusion at times far exceeded mine - but ultimately the reflection on Hate here is his desire to celebrate others and contribute and celebrate to the legacy of the league. He’s truly selfless and a wonderful custodian for our competition.

When speaking of accomplishments, Hate has been the biggest influence and contributor on the SFA during the second half of its existence. His hard work has yielded the most complete and versatile statistics resource the competition has ever had, and his work has increased the ease of access for everyone in the competition to enjoy the league to its fullest.

Enjoy your well deserved acknowledgement Hate !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats brahj well deserved, a biting, witty and very clever Sweet FA’er who made this place amazing and raised the bar in entertainment threads. One of those posters you just love to read when he lays in, but also hope he doesn’t post about you 🫣

And Hate what can I say, having a running pm with you for many years discussing and hashing out so many things I know well the work, passion, heart and thought you have put into this place. Not just on the surface, underneath, the real stuff. Always humble, always on point and always available and giving, I love you more than my luggage. And yes, everything you do is gold whether you want to admit it or not 🫶

Hate hasn’t been well for quite a while peeps so send him your congrats and luvins (better now :) ) he is the genuine glue and one of the last true bastions of tradition and class here.

Congrats brahj on that thing you did

Hate we all are indebted to the immense workload you have taken on and continue to improve the off field experience for everyone - well except those eggs who dont get any stats in a game

There is AI for that

Basically how teachers are writing reports for students these days.

And how students are writing their own submissions. AI assessing itself, along the lines of a particular philosophical viewpoint that consciousness is just the universe exercising self-awareness

And how students are writing their own submissions. AI assessing itself, along the lines of a particular philosophical viewpoint that consciousness is just the universe exercising self-awareness
At present human beings are the influence and inspiration of/for AI - we should celebrate that while it lasts.

Have seen some year tens get caught out pretty quick. They had to redo supervised with a laptop that had no wifi credentials. Lol. Should just get a 0.

Deserved is an understatement for Hate ’s elevation.

He’s so critical to the fabric of this place and we’re all so lucky to have him.

Plus he’s handsome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back