SFL Div One 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds pretty dodgy to me Superfreak. Someone at the Zebras must be on Bayside council or know someone to take the whole $800K??
It its one thing that the Glen Eira council is good at, its looking after its reserves & facilites & spreading the finances. Most grounds in the area have been resurfaced over the last few years & now it seems they're moving onto upgrading the shower rooms, judging by our upgrade & Murrumbeena's rooms

Our change rooms and showers have just been upgraded also.

Our biggest issue is the social rooms as we (along with the juniors and mckinnon cc) are the only tenants and it's exclusive (being that the council doesn't rent out our rooms), they won't spend any money on upgrading that component.

Our social rooms haven't been upgraded since i was a kid playing at the club over 20 odd years ago.

Clubs the league should look at:
Keysborough: Yes they would be an excellent fit.
Hampton Park: Probably starting to poach from another league.Don't want to get involved in this.
Devon Meadows: Same as above
Canterbury: Left SFL because their area is the Eastern Suburbs. Leave them be.
South Melbourne Dist: No ambition left at South. Happy to be inner suburb greenies.
Beaumaris: Sphynx summed it up perfectly, however don't agree with him that St Paul's would not get within 10 goals. He may be surprised, but we will never know. Beaumaris has always loved the open spaces their ground affords. Not sure they like the tighter confines where it gets up close and personal.
Parkdale: Certain members will tell you that they are committed to the Ammo's. There are a group who would love to get back into the SFL and the local rivalries.Nothing more depressing in the Ammos then getting stuck in a Division for a few years, travelling all over the place and then getting relegated. Ask Bentleigh. Give it three years and they could come a knocking.

Parkdale have won two promotions on the trot, and are sitting in B grade, they are more likely to go up than down.

Local rivalries? You mean like St Bedes, Beaumaris etc?

Despite what you may think, Mordi isn't anywhere near the rival that St Bedes/Mentone is, and they could potentially be playing each other next year. Most of Parkdale's players/staff/supporters and comitee have all come through St Bedes' junior system or been involved at the club in the past, or are old boys of the school, add to that all the poaching they've done in the past 3-4 years.

It's probably one of the biggest rivalries in the Ammo's, not based on history, but purely on geography and the makeup of the two clubs.

When they played their 1 and only game against each other about 6 years ago, when both were in C Grade, there was a crowd of about 2,000 to the home and away game.

You've got more chance of getting Noble Park and Balwyn back than Parkdale.

If you wanted a radical re-shuffle of the league, it would be to somehow merge the Casey Cardinia League into the SFL. There's no quick fix, there's way too many clubs with structual problems that will take 10+ years to fix, and the idea's of poaching A+B Grade Ammo's sides are pipedreams, either something radical like that, or much of the same as what it is atm that I can see.

Clubs the league should look at:
Keysborough: Yes they would be an excellent fit.
Hampton Park: Probably starting to poach from another league.Don't want to get involved in this.
Devon Meadows: Same as above
Canterbury: Left SFL because their area is the Eastern Suburbs. Leave them be.
South Melbourne Dist: No ambition left at South. Happy to be inner suburb greenies.
Beaumaris: Sphynx summed it up perfectly, however don't agree with him that St Paul's would not get within 10 goals. He may be surprised, but we will never know. Beaumaris has always loved the open spaces their ground affords. Not sure they like the tighter confines where it gets up close and personal.
Parkdale: Certain members will tell you that they are committed to the Ammo's. There are a group who would love to get back into the SFL and the local rivalries.Nothing more depressing in the Ammos then getting stuck in a Division for a few years, travelling all over the place and then getting relegated. Ask Bentleigh. Give it three years and they could come a knocking.

Rekon we'd be competitive, maybe 8 goals :p

10 goals was probably harsh, but they'd have you comfortably.

The sad thing is, their reserves would probably be more than competitve this year looking at how the league has regressed in 12 months.

Our midfield would measure up, along with Luke James up forward and Mark Marasco/Gilbert/Hall down back but maybe depth for flanks etc would win out for them.

Our mids boasts guys like McIntyre (agrade ammo premiership player), Bruno (league b&f winner), Allan (ex VFL), McCarthy (ex VFL), Wilson (veteran ex tac cup b&f winner), Mercoulia (ex VFL) so they would hold their own, mind you i actually don't know a hell of a lot about Beaumaris so may be wrong haha.

Beaumaris have definitley taken the cream of the talent pool in the bayside area, in the way of juniors for some time now. Some would say, strategically placed personnel in surrounding junior clubs to entice them to the Sharks U/19s for a pathway to the senior ranks. Obviously reaping the benefits of now being in A section, worrying a few collegian teams at the moment

Beaumaris have definitley taken the cream of the talent pool in the bayside area, in the way of juniors for some time now. Some would say, strategically placed personnel in surrounding junior clubs to entice them to the Sharks U/19s for a pathway to the senior ranks. Obviously reaping the benefits of now being in A section, worrying a few collegian teams at the moment

Not really, St Bede's are the victim of their own success, if you look at their honor roll, pretty much every major side in all the Melbourne leagues have a couple of their ex-players, and they have had quite a few players drafted in the least few season, where alot of clubs would of kept those players if they didn't make it, nd their best young players are now VFL captains etc. Parkdale gutted their u/19's side a few years ago, and Mordi attempted a similar thing in the off-season.

If you brought all those players back out of MPNFL, Noble Park, VFL, AFL etc etc they would absolutely thump Beaumaris.

St Bede's on pure numbers, is still the biggest junior club in the country. (Or they were 3 years ago, the last I heard, and had held that mantle since the early 00's) and are a funnel for all the other junior clubs with no senior sides in the area like Mordi-Brae and Chelt Panthers, which is probably the most dissapointing thing from a SFL perspective, Chelt Panthers have produced an absolute factory of stars in the past decade, and it was St Bedes, not the Rosella's that tapped into it.

They could of had the likes of Valenti, Hellier, McGettigan, Plymin, Monoughan etc all former Vic Metro u/18 reps, a double Liston Medalist, current Collingwood VFL captain, Noble Park premiership players, ex Sandi VFL etc etc all opted for St Bedes/Mentone over Cheltenham SFL?

A similar problem even happened to Bentleigh juniors a few years ago, they were even going to St Bedes, which I hope now has probably ceased, and to a lesser extent some Dingly juniors going to Beaumaris.

Even if you have strong juniors, you run the risk of loosing them to rival leagues because the strength of the comp isn't good enough. Forget the $$$ bullshit, kids want to test themselves at the best level they can, and it isn't going to be the SFL anytime soon unless some serious issues are addressed.

You have to be kidding or have absolutley no idea.

I have kids involved at another junior club north of Beaumaris and can tell you the parents, organisers and players are only focused on developing players to play the best football they can. If you think some 'pimple' gets involved in our club just to purely push kids to Beaumaris then you are an idiot and obviously not involved at junior football clubs. 98% of our coaches and admin people are parents committed to the club and more importantly the enjoyment of seeing their kids involved in a SPORT, to say they are there to syphon kids to Beauy is the most IMMATURE statement I have ever read or heard.

Who are the 'some'????

St Bede's on pure numbers, is still the biggest junior club in the country. (Or they were 3 years ago, the last I heard, and had held that mantle since the early 00's) and are a funnel for all the other junior clubs with no senior sides in the area like Mordi-Brae and Chelt Panthers, which is probably the most dissapointing thing from a SFL perspective, Chelt Panthers have produced an absolute factory of stars in the past decade, and it was St Bedes, not the Rosella's that tapped into it.

They could of had the likes of Valenti, Hellier, McGettigan, Plymin, Monoughan etc all former Vic Metro u/18 reps, a double Liston Medalist, current Collingwood VFL captain, Noble Park premiership players, ex Sandi VFL etc etc all opted for St Bedes/Mentone over Cheltenham SFL?

And don't we know it!! ;) The main problem is that the majority of those blokes attended St Bedes which makes it tough to drag them back.

It's not that we haven't tried to tap into it, or facilitate a good relationship between us and the Panthers but there have been powers at work at the other end that have been major hurdles.

Grand Final rematch this week at Beazley Reserve!

2:20pm start.

The Heights will look for revenge over the Vampires.

With all due respect Genyak, Fish20 is on the money. Take a look at the current 'coaching co-ordinator' at CJFC and a few of the young coaches there... they all share one link....

Well man up and tell us the guy;s name and his link to Beaumaris and I'll ask him next time we play them. I also know a few parents up there and see who they think. You're BA aren;t you? just so I know who told me.

Also, why doesn't your club 'bone-up' and start your own junior club like Brighton Beach did and stop whinging about other clubs. Instead of putting up excuses and flat-lining on other clubs success, have a crack yourself.

BA, i just checked, what does Josh Bourke do at beauy?

Also I noticed a Zac White who does the U17's, isn't he a senior player at your club Cheltenham?.

I would say Zac would have better chance of getting them to Cheltenham than the other club.

Gee you failed to mention that one BA. Typical Journo, never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets not get personal, hey?

yeah sorry guy's

just that I have been involved at juniors and we work hard to develop kids and to say we have, may I say 'pusher's' in the club who are there to push our kids to a senior club I find offensive to tell the truth.

If Chelt Juniors wish to allow people to be in charge at their club to facilitate this then the club president needs to have a good look at himself as obviously people are taking advantage of the club. But BA must agree it will silly to state the co-ordinator but fail to mention one of his senior players coaches the U17's, just silly really.

So what did I list that wasn't a fact?

Also, seeing that you know who I am, maybe you should reveal yourself too. ;)

As quoted by you...
"Take a look at the current 'coaching co-ordinator' at CJFC and a few of the young coaches there... they all share one link...."

Well when I look at a few of the young coaches there the main one is Zac White a senior player from Cheltenham doing the U17's which is the last group at CJFC. So whilst you were trying to push people into believing one thing you omitted to state a conflict of interest in the list as well. Typical Journalist

Can you reveal the links of the other coaches you are inferring to and which club they are pushing their playing group to? Please enlighten us.

Just looked at the coaches list and noticed that the two coaches I was referring to aren't coaching this season. My apologies.

Zac is in his first year as coach so has no history at 'pushing players' to CFC. In fact when he applied for the job at CJFC, no one at CFC knew anything about it until afterwards. You know that as a fact as YOU rang me about it.

BTW, you failed to answer my question, but the tone, manner and information related in your above posts makes your identity quite clear mate!

If you have a problem, or want to discuss this further, you have my number, no need to fill this forum with puerile rubbish that others have little interest in reading.

Just looked at the coaches list and noticed that the two coaches I was referring to aren't coaching this season. My apologies.

Zac is in his first year as coach so has no history at 'pushing players' to CFC. In fact when he applied for the job at CJFC, no one at CFC knew anything about it until afterwards. You know that as a fact as YOU rang me about it.

BTW, you failed to answer my question, but the tone, manner and information related in your above posts makes your identity quite clear mate!

How's Beauy going this year? Good start it seems.

Also, enough with the personal jibes. A journalist I am not.

If you have a problem, or want to discuss this further, you have my number, no need to fill this forum with puerile rubbish that others have little interest in reading.

Thanks BA, it takes a man to admit his error but a bigger man who is a journo to admit he failed to research his facts so quodos to you.

Not sure the Beauy link as I just ask Fish who the "some" where which he couldn't answer and you came in implying that Beauy infiltrated CJFC with 'pushers' where you have now agreed that you made an error on that one. In fact none of the coaches are from that club only one from Cheltenham. I'm more aligned to juniors north of them, but again lets not get the facts in the way though. At this club and hopefully others, the coaches are there to develop kids and have no other agenda, hence when you made asertions of the good people who are in place at CJFC (including Zac) that their main agenda is to entice kids to certain clubs then that go my back up . In our area whilst we may not see 'eye to eye' with other clubs we are all respectful of each club.

You state a not so good relationship between your club and CJFC, however when you reflect on your previous posts then perhaps YOU need to look at the people in place driving that relationship.

Anyway, I think we have covered the subject and all good, thanks for the dialogue.

Thanks BA, it takes a man to admit his error but a bigger man who is a journo to admit he failed to research his facts so quodos to you.

Not sure the Beauy link as I just ask Fish who the "some" where which he couldn't answer and you came in implying that Beauy infiltrated CJFC with 'pushers' where you have now agreed that you made an error on that one. In fact none of the coaches are from that club only one from Cheltenham. I'm more aligned to juniors north of them, but again lets not get the facts in the way though. At this club and hopefully others, the coaches are there to develop kids and have no other agenda, hence when you made asertions of the good people who are in place at CJFC (including Zac) that their main agenda is to entice kids to certain clubs then that go my back up . In our area whilst we may not see 'eye to eye' with other clubs we are all respectful of each club.

You state a not so good relationship between your club and CJFC, however when you reflect on your previous posts then perhaps YOU need to look at the people in place driving that relationship.

Anyway, I think we have covered the subject and all good, thanks for the dialogue.

The link is their Beauy's current reseves coach who last year was Cheltenham Panthers U17 coach, whom provided the current U19's coach with all necessary info to try and get playing personnel across to Beauy for 2013.

Don't forget the the former secretary of CJFC who is now secretary at Beauy seniors.

Probably the most pro-Beauy person to have ever been at CJFC and didn't shy away from the fact that she encouraged kids to head to Banksia Reserve after their final season at CJFC. Now thats a fact!

Fish20 was alluding the people that I mentioned. He didn't name them, so I did. Its well known amongst all local clubs in the area what has taken place. That is why, as a Bentleigh person, he is in the loop on this issue.

Don't forget the the former secretary of CJFC who is now secretary at Beauy seniors.

Probably the most pro-Beauy person to have ever been at CJFC and didn't shy away from the fact that she encouraged kids to head to Banksia Reserve after their final season at CJFC. Now thats a fact!

Fish20 was alluding the people that I mentioned. He didn't name them, so I did. Its well known amongst all local clubs in the area what has taken place. That is why, as a Bentleigh person, he is in the loop on this issue.

SO we have moved on from " Take a look at the current 'coaching co-ordinator' at CJFC and a few of the young coaches there" to a previous secretary at CJFC. BA you're digging a bigger hole and exposing some serious wounds there I think.

All Im concerned about is your ascertion that junior coaches at clubs are not there to develop kids but to entice them to certain clubs. If you want to run other 'baggage' agenda's then go for it, I have made my pointpurely on the coaches.

SO we have moved on from " Take a look at the current 'coaching co-ordinator' at CJFC and a few of the young coaches there" to a previous secretary at CJFC. BA you're digging a bigger hole and exposing some serious wounds there I think.

All Im concerned about is your ascertion that junior coaches at clubs are not there to develop kids but to entice them to certain clubs. If you want to run other 'baggage' agenda's then go for it, I have made my pointpurely on the coaches.

Why are you so angry mate? Is Super not entitled to his opinion?

I know Dingley kids have been put under pressure over the years because apparently they will be "noticed" at Beaumaris. You need to chill buddy.

I know Dingley kids have been put under pressure over the years because apparently they will be "noticed" at Beaumaris. You need to chill buddy.

Agree, Genyak gets on here and starts firing up whilst even potting Super for being in the media.

Josh Bourke was previously 19's coach at Beauie from memory?

St Pauls are luckily in the position that our juniors are fairly tight with seniors in that we provide players to come down to junior training, we also invite some of the kids to come to the games, go in the rooms and last year at home even had some of the kids getting in the players circle and singing the song (however we did leave out the "how did we win?" "we s%#t it in" how did we do it? doggy style" haha.

Even with this relationship it is hard to get them to come through to seniors as some go via the school link e.g. De La Salle, or we may not have a colts for a single year and they all go to other clubs e.g. Bentleigh or De La Salle.

One thing that we noticed is we used to have the under 17's (one step before senior football) and they would wear the St Pauls seniors jumper. A lot of the kids were excited about this and something as small as a jumper really resonated with the players.

Not angry just needed BA to clarify his comments which as he admits were incorrect and he apologised for it, so move on.

Not angry just needed BA to clarify his comments which as he admits were incorrect and he apologised for it, so move on.

You're focusing on one component of his post, yet you still believe there's no-one around that direct players to go to Beaumaris if they want to improve their football/get noticed. It definately happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back