Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Skye

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Springvale

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No punches were thrown.
PM me if you wanna come up and say g'day to me on Saturday.

Did as well as they could.

She did break down but I'm reliably informed she simply felt intimidated and retracted her earlier claims of being called a bitch.

Oh fantastic, she only felt intimidated enough to break down, but as long as not calling her a bitch then everything is ok?. Get real, a man in his position should never have initiated this so not matter what spin you put on it, end of the day he needed to receive more than what he got.

You have the SFL Chairman chest pumping a couple of weeks ago about respecting umpires and then end result is a slap on the wrist : if you look through the tribunal results have a look at the majority of guilty verdicts where players have use abusive, insulting and threatening language to an umpire...Suspended Sentences. what a joke and they wonder why umpires are leaving in droves for other leagues.

If you can't protect the officials from threatening behaviour then no wonder there is no respect in the league.

Get rid of all suspended sentences....if they do the crime they do the FULL time.

Absolutely spot on BB. The solution to this problem is quite simple. Part of the penalty should involve players being required to officiate 2 weeks umpiring junior games of footy on a sunday morning. They can then see first hand how hard it is to umpire a game and then have to deal with some of the feral parents that attend these games. The problem is that most football leagues do not have the courage to implement this rule. If a player refuses or does not show up to a game then they can sit out for 4 weeks or remain suspended until they complete the sentence and the club is fined $500.00 which is donated to umpire recruitment. If this is implemented then I am pretty confident that abuse towards umpires would disappear.

Is it true that Mordi are thinking about not going up to division 1?? Anyone on here that can confirm that??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back