• Oakleigh Districts

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Skye

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Springvale

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have Mordialloc just ahead of Skye as the favourites - looks like they have recruited exceptionally well also to add to last year's list

Skye have a very young side this year. I reckon they need a year or two before they will be playing in the grandfinal.

Murrumbeena in a fair bit of trouble I hear

Highett love to buy a Divvy Two flag before everyone nicks off and leave them struggling in Divvy One. Could be the same again this year

Highett love to buy a Divvy Two flag before everyone nicks off and leave them struggling in Divvy One. Could be the same again this year

Highett are coming from a long way back, even if they are coming down from Division 1. Having Velardo, Elvis & Cyril will definitely help their cause though. Wouldn't mind going to the Oakleigh Dist v Highett game this year, might be one to watch. All Highett need is for Sgambelloni to head back there to put the icing on the cake

Carrum beat Skye by a couple of goals, it probably could of been a few more tbh.

Which is no shame, as I was impressed with some of their players, their young ruckman looked good playing on a pretty good player, and their midfield held their own against some proven Div 1 players.

Carrum would be a finalist in Div 2 imo with some of their recruits.

if you wont to know were elivs is playing he has gone to play with dandy west Moorabbin played them today

Watched most of the Carrum vs Caulfield game. I believe Carrum PL got up by about 3 goals after being 9 points dwon at 3/4 time. Bit fitter tha Caulfield and were impressive with their ball movement. Caulfield were good in patches and had 15 players unavavilable I'm told (but who doesn't at this time of year I guess). Caulfield have kept most of their squad from last year and added a couple of decent recruits including another tall.

Good facilities down at Carrum.

I would expect CPL will go pretty well in Div3 and Caulfield should be competitive in Div 2. Caulfield play Elsternwick next up in a praccy match at Moorabbin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hammers will play finals IMO. Could finish top three. Looked good today with a few missing.
Not sure why Cheltenham would play Hampton? Could finish top 3 is a big call you must have seen something today, what are you basis this on?

Did Margetis boyfriend Issacs play today and if so how did he go?

We played Hampton because we had played two way games at Werribee and Bendigo and wanted a nearby opponent so our supporters could come down and have a look. Also our ground is still out of action, so playing at home wasn't an option plus there are a few Hammers that used to play at Chelt and visa versa.

Hampton were well drilled and very competitive around the ball. Knowing the drop off between Div 1 and Div 2, I was impressed by how they went (forget the scoreboard). They were missing a few as well and appear to have recruited well. Looking at last year's results, they were competitive in nearing all outings against the top five, even winning a few. Having the coach back looking very fit and in form will make a huge difference.

Geez its quiet on here.
Has everyone just accepted the fact that the cup already has a spot in the trophy cupboard down at McDonald st?
Mordi are clear cut premiership favs.

Highett aren't much chop. We ran all over them for most of the game. Too much money been splashed around, no where near enough good blokes.

Skye will be around the mark. Very young and fit, but lack a match winner or 2. We would have rolled them if not for a couple of critical errors.

Heard from a good source Oakleigh are a shadow of previous years and their lack of depth is starting to show through.
Also Murrembeena will be around the same mark as Skye. Lots of young blokes.

Not much been said about Moorabin but I have a feeling they will be heading back to div3 in 2015.

Any news on Caufield? had a good win over Doveton then a miserable performance against Mordi and a win over Moorabin. any new noteable recruits?

Springy going to take the next step this year? Doesent look like they have lost too many from 2013. And they have kept the league medal winner/ superstar vasallo for another season

Doveton already seem to have done enough to stay up in 2015. how did they go losing their first match for 20+ games?

Tips for this weekend
Mordialloc vs Moorabbin. Top vs bottom. 100+
Caufield vs Oakleigh. Bears are a chance, would need Fermanis to get injured early. 10 points
Murrembeena vs Highett. Beena to quick for the highett/Oakleigh old boys. 19 points
Doveton vs Skye. Bombers should win the battle of the thugs. 36 points
Springvale vs Hampton. Hammers to exploit soft springy midfield. 23 points

Geez its quiet on here.
Has everyone just accepted the fact that the cup already has a spot in the trophy cupboard down at McDonald st?
Mordi are clear cut premiership favs.

Highett aren't much chop. We ran all over them for most of the game. Too much money been splashed around, no where near enough good blokes.

Skye will be around the mark. Very young and fit, but lack a match winner or 2. We would have rolled them if not for a couple of critical errors.

Heard from a good source Oakleigh are a shadow of previous years and their lack of depth is starting to show through.
Also Murrembeena will be around the same mark as Skye. Lots of young blokes.

Not much been said about Moorabin but I have a feeling they will be heading back to div3 in 2015.

Any news on Caufield? had a good win over Doveton then a miserable performance against Mordi and a win over Moorabin. any new noteable recruits?

Springy going to take the next step this year? Doesent look like they have lost too many from 2013. And they have kept the league medal winner/ superstar vasallo for another season

Doveton already seem to have done enough to stay up in 2015. how did they go losing their first match for 20+ games?

When we met round 1 White maggot, our team was still a mixture of ones and twos. Hamptons form was shithouse and I think you guys will be lucky to make that top 5... IMO

Us "thugs" look forward to seeing you again down at Hampton, hopefully we dont embarrass you again like last year with another 200 point win

Back