SFNL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

No van Unen for Dingley? Murrumbeena holding onto Brody Lawford and not releasing him to stpauls.
Smart move, hanging onto a player who does not want to play for you. I realise they are trying to send a message, but how many players walked out???
You would think they would focus their on attention on why that occurred, and who was responsible.

Smart move, hanging onto a player who does not want to play for you. I realise they are trying to send a message, but how many players walked out???
You would think they would focus their on attention on why that occurred, and who was responsible.
yes absolutely agree the funny thing is when all Doveton eagles players walked out because of the payment deals that were not being honoured by the president who was doing them a fair few of them we’re getting offered not bad money to play elsewhere
There was a lot of negativity towards these players and being money hungry and for not being there to help the club out and leaving the club to chase $ and telling them they destroyed the club well most of this came from a fair few beena players now they have done the same thing they were bagging others for bunch of s..t talkers so I can see why beena might be struggling to these blokes

Not to mention their coach pulled the pin but the club didn't tell these players for weeks. Surely they let them go and focus on the rebuild/future.

Big week of SFNL Div 1 coming up

how do we see some of the games
Mordialloc vs City
Bentleigh vs East Malvern
Cheltenham vs St Paul’s
Port vs Highett
Districts vs dingley

Big week of SFNL Div 1 coming up

how do we see some of the games
Mordialloc vs City
Bentleigh vs East Malvern
Cheltenham vs St Paul’s
Port vs Highett
Districts vs dingley
It is going to get very ugly down at Port..Highett is going to have a cricket score kicked against them.
Cheltenham on fire will easily account for St Pauls
Dingley will kick a cricket score at Oakleigh
City far too good will do a number on Mordialloc.
Bentleigh will overcome EM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some absolute belting dished out by Colts, StKikda City & Dingley.. 3 games with 120 point margins is a concern for the league.

Some absolute belting dished out by Colts, StKikda City & Dingley.. 3 games with 120 point margins is a concern for the league.

I think it is a concern across all divisions. A lot of clubs have dropped off post covid. I think the league should look at 2 up and 2 down for the next few years to try to even it up

I think it is a concern across all divisions. A lot of clubs have dropped off post covid. I think the league should look at 2 up and 2 down for the next few years to try to even it up
Well Doveton should have been playing in Div 1, but now they are getting belted in Div 3 b/c the money ran out..
Not enough depth for 2 up and 2 down to Div 1

Points & Salary cap not working..

Depends what your intention is?? Do you want to take a communist route and bring the good clubs down so that its competitive for all.. Personally I would rather make the comp as good as possible and encourage those poor performing clubs to step up..

Depends what your intention is?? Do you want to take a communist route and bring the good clubs down so that its competitive for all.. Personally I would rather make the comp as good as possible and encourage those poor performing clubs to step up..
It has always been about the clubs that have the $$$. The rules are just a slight impediment. Some clubs that suddenly come into money make poor recruiting decisions and pay for it twofold. Poor results and loss of income.

Step up and pay players large sums of money.
When the money drys up the mercenaries go else where.
Dingley has done it right by promoting with in.

honestly, I've seen for years in this comp money and recruitment means nothing. it's about player retention and what your club can do to facilitate and make the club an enjoyable place for partners, families, sponsors/their business, and the community. Clubs like Mordialloc, Dingley, and co have 1 down year rebuilding and return the following 4-5+ years at the top. Your coaching allocation and what the club brings to your Saturday are the key. Players will always take less money to be involved in a weekend they can take something out of (socially and culturally). I also agree with 2 up and 2 down. Clubs know they can get comfortable for 1-2 years while rebuilding and know they only have to win 3-4 games to stay up. This will make clubs more accountable knowing they need to win 6-7 games to be safe and clubs that know they don't have the cattle will recruit and or rally up the old stalwarts. The strongest comps in Vic have the 2 up and 2 down rule, SFNL needs to adopt this, in the long run, the league will benefit far more.

Step up and pay players large sums of money.
When the money drys up the mercenaries go else where.
Dingley has done it right by promoting with in.

Its not just about paying big $ to players, its about creating an environment where sponsors want to be part of the club, where players want to stick around and then having a junior pipeline of players that feed into the senior team. These key elements create a sustainable culture for success.

honestly, I've seen for years in this comp money and recruitment means nothing. it's about player retention and what your club can do to facilitate and make the club an enjoyable place for partners, families, sponsors/their business, and the community. Clubs like Mordialloc, Dingley, and co have 1 down year rebuilding and return the following 4-5+ years at the top. Your coaching allocation and what the club brings to your Saturday are the key. Players will always take less money to be involved in a weekend they can take something out of (socially and culturally). I also agree with 2 up and 2 down. Clubs know they can get comfortable for 1-2 years while rebuilding and know they only have to win 3-4 games to stay up. This will make clubs more accountable knowing they need to win 6-7 games to be safe and clubs that know they don't have the cattle will recruit and or rally up the old stalwarts. The strongest comps in Vic have the 2 up and 2 down rule, SFNL needs to adopt this, in the long run, the league will benefit far more.
2nd Division clubs will not agree to it. There is not enough depth in 2nd Division, and any club that gets promoted will have to recruit quickly and possibly spend money they do not have or just accept getting flogged in Div 1 is a learning curve. It undoes all of the hard work of previous seasons. Ego plays a huge role in all of this, and the people running the clubs have massive ego's.

2nd Division clubs will not agree to it. There is not enough depth in 2nd Division, and any club that gets promoted will have to recruit quickly and possibly spend money they do not have or just accept getting flogged in Div 1 is a learning curve. It undoes all of the hard work of previous seasons. Ego plays a huge role in all of this, and the people running the clubs have massive ego's.

I agree, but for me common sense prevails. You win flags or play off in one to go up a division? Not to sit in a lower division be content with that. Think about it from this angle, clubs will be forced into retaining players and add the required players to be competitive. It would instantly make you stronger because you have to go out and make it happen, 1 up 1 down allows clubs to be complacent

Mordialloc did it
Dingley did it
Bentleigh did it

why can’t clubs from division 2 also do it?
im always hearing how Springvale and these clubs are strong and would push some div 1 sides, why not grant them the opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back