Brock 'n' Roll

Team Captain
Jul 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Pistons, Storm, NY Mets
Travis Johnstone played in the 2's on the weekend at Chelsea Heights, kicked 3 been in a fair paddock since his Melbourne/Brisbane days

Parkf00ty

Debutant
Oct 29, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Murrumbeena was an interesting game They have some strange ways about going about putting blokes off and making some bizarre comments. If they concentrated on playing the ball they would would be better off They have some talent there

2s Hack

All Australian
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Murrumbeena was an interesting game They have some strange ways about going about putting blokes off and making some bizarre comments. If they concentrated on playing the ball they would would be better off They have some talent there
Strange as in??

Parkf00ty

Debutant
Oct 29, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Port Colts reserves beat Skye reserves today in a great fought out win It was like a finals win for the boys Well done

Parkf00ty

Debutant
Oct 29, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Heard they carried on like they just won a flag too, shame it's only July not September..
Maybe they carried on maybe its because there young who knows But good on them it was a tussle all day a goal in it and Port kicked bad
They still beat an "unbeatable" side its good for the comp keeps it interesting Funny to hear a few Skye blokes wouldn't shake hands.
Its just a game at the end of the day We've all had good and bad days
I think in this comp home ground advantage plays a big part so finals will be intersteing

Swans1968

Rookie
Apr 11, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I wouldn't say carried on but to beat a side that hasn't lost in over 2 years I'd say it meant more to the boys than usual . By the way it was a great gameto watch . As was the seniors Skye in front at half time and really took it up to the colts . Would like to know how many 2nds players for Skye would play seniors as was told there 2nds are like there own side . As there seniors would certainly be a fair side

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
How is Justin (JT) Taylor going this year at Port Colts. Surely his dominating div2 SFL. Is he racking them up at will.

Are the Colts attracting good crowds due to there move to the SFL? Has the move been a success off field as well?

Who is the no1 player in this division?

I'm still bemused at why the league didn't allow them direct passage to div1 if another club like East Brighton was struggling pre season.

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's struggling hasn't been near it all year, any chance the committee at Pacco can hand back the kings ransom we had to pay get him back home?

Hey mate, thanks for the response/update. I will ask them for you. Lol
Why is he struggling? Thought clubs might try and pay him close attention which usually plays in your advantage as it fires him up to play better. JT should be dominating this comp IMO.

exportchamp

Draftee
Feb 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey mate, thanks for the response/update. I will ask them for you. Lol
Why is he struggling? Thought clubs might try and pay him close attention which usually plays in your advantage as it fires him up to play better. JT should be dominating this comp IMO.

He's going well just a wind up mate....still happy if Pacco wanna hand back the coin tho mate :thumbsu::footy::fire:

Parkf00ty

Debutant
Oct 29, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He's going well just a wind up mate....still happy if Pacco wanna hand back the coin tho mate :thumbsu::footy::fire:
Export champ i think its disgraceful by Pacco to hold a former club to ransom like they did with JT I heard they did it with a few others as well One bloke was 34 came over and wanted to go back to he's junior club and they never let up on the ransom so he had to sit out and has retired Surely they can be flexible

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Export champ i think its disgraceful by Pacco to hold a former club to ransom like they did with JT I heard they did it with a few others as well One bloke was 34 came over and wanted to go back to he's junior club and they never let up on the ransom so he had to sit out and has retired Surely they can be flexible

Hey Parkfooty, understand your views and as you know I do agree with you on most of your points. The only thing I will say to defend Pacco is the EDFL premier is a strong comp and teams pay players very well so they do expect players to uphold contracts for stability of the playing list. I guess these 2 cases wouldn't have been easy for Pacco as both players are respected but they have been burnt in the past by a few players. One case was a well paid ex AFL player wanting to leave mid contract, and it took its toll on some people who are volunteers. They planned around him and it ended bad, but no fault of the club.
So it only takes 1 or 2 players to wreck it for the decent ones leaving for the right reasons as per these 2 players. They can't let some just go and others they stand their ground as it opens them up for discrimination of players so they tend to hold there ground. I know it's hard in the case of JT but other clubs in this comp (and others) will do the same thing.

Cheers and good luck to the Colts and JT.

Parkf00ty

Debutant
Oct 29, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
All good on those points and it was more than two players there was other ransoms With the negoitions with Pacco there was no flexibility or discussion it was just what they said and what they wanted.
Maybe they should think about a way to keep them there rather than make their brand look bad and never have that player return. The football world is small and word spreads.
Its seems ok when taking the players just not returning the favour Its park footy if a bloke wants to go for the right reasons then common sense prevails let them go. None of the players were going to an opposition team it was other comps
What goes around comes around you'd think Turbo You know the particulars in this case and it wasn't right what Pacco did its that simple. If I was playing I wouldn't want to play with a bloke that doesn't want to be there.

exportchamp

Draftee
Feb 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
All good on those points and it was more than two players there was other ransoms With the negoitions with Pacco there was no flexibility or discussion it was just what they said and what they wanted.
Maybe they should think about a way to keep them there rather than make their brand look bad and never have that player return. The football world is small and word spreads.
Its seems ok when taking the players just not returning the favour Its park footy if a bloke wants to go for the right reasons then common sense prevails let them go. None of the players were going to an opposition team it was other comps
What goes around comes around you'd think Turbo You know the particulars in this case and it wasn't right what Pacco did its that simple. If I was playing I wouldn't want to play with a bloke that doesn't want to be there.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

rodeo drive

Rookie
Sep 18, 2009
western suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What's with caulfields result on the weekend. Injuries? Ran out of steam? 2nd spot to 5th up for grabs very tight, last four rounds will be interesting and a good battle down the bottom also.

spindles11

Team Captain
Aug 2, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What's with caulfields result on the weekend. Injuries? Ran out of steam? 2nd spot to 5th up for grabs very tight, last four rounds will be interesting and a good battle down the bottom also.

lack of depth? their reserves aren't very strong at all? the battle for relegation is pretty much over, with black rock having to win too many games to be even with springy which isn't going to happen.

rodeo drive

Rookie
Sep 18, 2009
western suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
lack of depth? their reserves aren't very strong at all? the battle for relegation is pretty much over, with black rock having to win too many games to be even with springy which isn't going to happen.
So I'm tipping injuries then if they have no depth and put up that effort. Someone told me that they were relegating 2 sides this year that's why I said interesting battle at the bottom. Obviously told me a porky pie

bigfella1988

Rookie
Aug 14, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Heard Rhy Clayton has been talking himself up all year. Been told he hasn't gone near the hard ball is this true???

Moody Blue

Premiership Player
May 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Which ever official(s) at the SFL that organised the 2nd Div draw, is/are geniuses. Effectively a first elimination final at Lion Park. The last time these teams met back in Round 9, Highett ran away with the game. Either way it is going to be an interesting day. Just hope everyone concerned can control themselves.

Back