SFNL div 2 - 2016

Who will take out the flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard game today at Turner street Highett play there ground well. They came home strong in the last with the wind and hit the post twice, hats off to them. We had two players short from half way thru the second So it was a great effort by our boys to come away with the points
The reserves had a nice victory too
There supporters are very vocal lol It was a good atmosphere
Looking forward to playing them at Murphy's Oval
Bit of an upset Heatherton going down to keysie
Seems really hard to get a feel for the sides so far lots of mixed results

Hey mate, love the comment Highett supporters very vocal, looking forward to playing them at Murphys Oval.. Can't wait to see what there reaction of travelling to the home of the "Colts". I haven't been out to the Colts ground for many years but during my playing days they were up there with the most vocal I seen.. Lol

3rd of May the last post on here boys Been very quiet
Caulfeild were good on the weekend They set up well and made it a contest

Its quiet because div 2 is a foregone conclusion
Well that is what everyone said about Keysie last year. Too early into the season, but PC are looking pretty intimidating. The bye will only help them especially later in the season . At the end of the day you still have to get to the Grand Final and then win it. Keysborough found out the hard way last season.

Well that is what everyone said about Keysie last year. Too early into the season, but PC are looking pretty intimidating. The bye will only help them especially later in the season . At the end of the day you still have to get to the Grand Final and then win it. Keysborough found out the hard way last season.
Yeah but Keysie weren't dominating last year like Port Colts are this year and there ain't another Oakleigh Districts type in Div 2 this year.

Was always going to be the case of "stop Tyson King and you stop Keysborough" last year and unfortunately injury stopped him

All though Colts are winning we have been pushed at times Every sides beatable injuries form all play a part We haven't played Chelsea yet who are meant to a very good aren't they?

All though Colts are winning we have been pushed at times Every sides beatable injuries form all play a part We haven't played Chelsea yet who are meant to a very good aren't they?

Chelsea Heights will be a good test for you guys. They have some quality key position players and a few interleague mids, but their depth is questionable...

Depends if he made himself available or not. Its been the problem with previous interleague teams in the past, not a true representation of the crème de la crème with players saying "no thanks"
Farmer has a crook back.

But you are right, there are a truckload of players that aren't playing due to injury or unavailability (on holiday), plus there are quite a few more that didn't want to play. Unfortunately, rep footy doesnt hold the same prestige for a lot of our guys as it does for players in country league or the VAFA etc.

Depends if he made himself available or not. Its been the problem with previous interleague teams in the past, not a true representation of the crème de la crème with players saying "no thanks"
I agree players see a break and go on holidays(can't blame them seasons are long nowadays) Maybe the league needs to pay a set fee, before you say they should play for the prestige which i agree Its all changed and if leagues want to get the best they can maybe they have to pay. But then coaches wouldn't be pushing it either.
I do love the rep footy being back though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Farmer has a crook back.

But you are right, there are a truckload of players that aren't playing due to injury or unavailability (on holiday), plus there are quite a few more that didn't want to play. Unfortunately, rep footy doesnt hold the same prestige for a lot of our guys as it does for players in country league or the VAFA etc.

Can't be to prestigious to the VAFA as they are not playing in it this year

Last edited:
Can't be to prestigious to the VAFA as they are not playing in it this year

You are correct. Its not. The VAFA have participated in the last 3 metro champs but also have long-standing arrangements with the VCFL and other states for Queens B’day weekend games on a rotating basis. It was thought (correctly) that 2 rep matches a years was too much and the preference was to honour the existing commitments.

There has been a bit if shift in recent years and VAFA, like other comps, struggles to get players to commit to rep games. Long season and now ridiculously long pre-seasons so can’t blame them.

Big game this week Colts V Chelsea Port have a few out due to injury and players going O/S

And Travis Johnstone is back at CH looking at the clearances.
He played in the 2's on the weekend against Keysy. Looked a little larger than the Travis Johnstone that we know. I don't think he is taking his footy too seriously these days and am not sure he has aspirations to play in the firsts.

He played in the 2's on the weekend against Keysy. Looked a little larger than the Travis Johnstone that we know. I don't think he is taking his footy too seriously these days and am not sure he has aspirations to play in the firsts.
He'll be playing seniors this week or why would he be returning at all?

Quality game witnessed at Port today.

Chelsea Heights very close to pinching the win..

Ports crowd is interesting to say the least... No doubt they would have fitted in well for many years in the western region FL.

Colts supporters are very vocal but as you would have seen both teams supporters sit amongst each other which adds to the atmosphere woman and children included . We are very conscious of crowd behaviour. Anyway great game of football was played yesterday.By far the most physical game I've witnessed this year and free flowing . 34 goals and lead changes all day was the result of that . Full credit to Chelsea heights they have certainly got plenty of talent . There rover I think his name is perryman knows how to find the pill and what can I say about the full forward (HUGE) anyway full credit to both sides great game.

Quality game witnessed at Port today.

Chelsea Heights very close to pinching the win..

Ports crowd is interesting to say the least... No doubt they would have fitted in well for many years in the western region FL.
Spot on it was a great game apart from the that one umpire doing he's best to even it up haha(4 goals from 50 meter pen)
The crowd was vocal and passionate I think the niggle and the late hits played a part in that along with so terrible umpiring decisions. We lost our ruck man and running back for the last quarter, so it was a great fought out win after Chelsea kicked 2 goals in a matter of minutes deep in the last
Chelsea are a great structured side and use their full forward well Its a shame we only have 1 home and away game against each other
Looking forward to the next game
I didn't see Travis Johnstone in either game is he still playing?

Back