SFNL Division 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you serious you have no idea the president who caused all the financial issues is gone hardly any of the players are there and several past committe members come back to get the club back on there feet it’s basically a new club they did a great job in getting one side this year let alone 2 plus having to start 8 points minus for the year and have also paid of all money owed to the league and further more it’s a great playing service has a fence so they can collect revenue you can also park cars all around the ground Im sure all the teams playing finals wouldn’t be complaining about it better than playing at heatherton like previous years the rewards are not huge they get the canteen and bar no gate and these people who will be running it are all volunteers giving up there weekends to be there when there side isn’t even playing and after missing a year of football then losing games because of lockdown lots of clubs are doing it tuff as are many people I’d be happy we hopefully get to play finals at all with what has gone on this year the last thing I’d be sooking about is we’re there being played
Dovetons plight is of its own doing regardless of which individual is responsible or who is at the club now. Bottom line is that they won a flag and went down a division - absolute joke in itself. So should we feel sorry for them or grateful that they have a fence around the ground and have volunteers. Bottom line is there are many much more deserving clubs.
If you host finals and can't raise $40-$50k then that says a lot about your ability to manage finances.

Dovetons plight is of its own doing regardless of which individual is responsible or who is at the club now. Bottom line is that they won a flag and went down a division - absolute joke in itself. So should we feel sorry for them or grateful that they have a fence around the ground and have volunteers. Bottom line is there are many much more deserving clubs.
If you host finals and can't raise $40-$50k then that says a lot about your ability to manage finances.
Really well Springvale said they usually make 20k from finals and that’s div 1 it was Doveton or heatherton to choose from I was told go ask most of the players were they would rather play

Really well Springvale said they usually make 20k from finals and that’s div 1 it was Doveton or heatherton to choose from I was told go ask most of the players were they would rather play

I was about to ask the other posters what are the alternatives?
Heatherton shouldn’t even host Div 4 finals but it does each year.

Has the league announced this yet or it’s only communicated to the clubs?

ROFL making $40k from hosting D3 finals. What planet are you on man

In the midst of all the Covid disruption, Doventon has knocked a serious hole in what they owed the SFNL. The current Board has taken ownership of what they inherited. Credit where credit is due.

With 2 weeks left until finals start (hopefully) who do we think are the legitimate flag flavourites right now ? I honestly can not believe Clayton is 2nd on the ladder. Does anybody else share this view ? I think it is Black Rocks to lose and the sneaky outsider to win it all is Narre Saints.

With 2 weeks left until finals start (hopefully) who do we think are the legitimate flag flavourites right now ? I honestly can not believe Clayton is 2nd on the ladder. Does anybody else share this view ? I think it is Black Rocks to lose and the sneaky outsider to win it all is Narre Saints.
Clayton are so up and down, but they're in it. Black rock for me, a lot of firepower and #FATNARRE seem to be peaking at the right time. Any chance endeavour sneaks in? Doveton and clayton for the last 2 games. Ashwood and narre this week crucial.

I reckon it is pretty even and any of the top four on their day can win it.
Not sure if footy will go ahead this weekend though.....

The home and away season is done, the Dictator will have this lockdown go two weeks no doubt.
So here is my solution, rather than tack on a extra week for a final home and away round full of useless games, Ashwood play Endevour in a play in game for 4th as lockdown most like ends Friday week, only a days preparation for them but them the breaks.
It then gives the top three teams at least a weeks training before finals start.
We then run the normal finals 1v2 and 3v4 etc

Thoughts?

The home and away season is done, the Dictator will have this lockdown go two weeks no doubt.
So here is my solution, rather than tack on a extra week for a final home and away round full of useless games, Ashwood play Endevour in a play in game for 4th as lockdown most like ends Friday week, only a days preparation for them but them the breaks.
It then gives the top three teams at least a weeks training before finals start.
We then run the normal finals 1v2 and 3v4 etc

Thoughts?
It's a tough one, but don't mind the idea. Would hate for another no result year again.
Just remember the hardest part of Dan the Mans snap 5 day lockdowns is the first two weeks.
Might be a bit tough on Ashwood, with Narre only ahead on %.
Do you run the same theory in the two's?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1194982

Finals all locked in! Great result no Heatherton

Cheers Thewiz.

I know this will all be thrown out of wack due to the recent lockdown but I also remembered a venue like Hallam is also worthy of a lower division final ie. better than Heatherton.

Regardless it looks like the league made a good decision at the time with finals selection.

Update from the League on Tuesday 10/8/21

Please note the following should lockdown end this Thursday for this weekend’s fixtured matches

1628638681210.png

Please note that we will revert Netball to a 2 week finals series from when we can re-commence as per the above structure, even if not this weekend

Should we not come out of lockdown on Thursday we will be in touch with the next steps of resumption for Football

It is our intent to play a final series to complete the season for all Divisions once we know what restrictions are in place and when we can play

I think there will unlucky stories right across all leagues, hopefully we can get back out there next weekend!

So what happens now. Very unlucky if endeavour miss out on playing finals.
Not sure how they would be unlucky?

Of the games they've missed due to covid only 1 of those has been against a side outside the top 3.

If anything, their win loss record has been protected by covid.

They've only beaten Clayton by a handful of points early in the season. The rest of the wins have been against the stragglers.

SFNL have done it again. Doveton treat the league like a joke and as as part of their punishment they get finals. Plenty of teams are much more deserving, and needy, yet the league sees fit to give them this gift. Maybe they can go down to D4 next year, spend all the money they make from finals on players that will leave as soon as the money dries up and win the flag. I would hate to be a struggling club in D4 or D3, this sucks.
Well this is what I was talking about now we might not even have finals at all and you were sooking about Doveton getting them im sure they don’t care one bit now after all the things clubs and players have dealt with this year and not playing last year it’s a shame for all involved

Well this is what I was talking about now we might not even have finals at all and you were sooking about Doveton getting them im sure they don’t care one bit now after all the things clubs and players have dealt with this year and not playing last year it’s a shame for all involved
Wouldn’t worry about all Football is done in Victoria no finals no premiers hope Round 1 all Football can start as for Cricket it won’t start to November as Covid isn’t going away I expect Covid lock down 6 to last another month if not longer.
BTW:Any truth that Lyndhurst and Hampton Park our Outer East FL bound and Skye,Chelsea Heights and South Mornington could be in the extended MPFL potential 3rd Division in 2022?

Wouldn’t worry about all Football is done in Victoria no finals no premiers hope Round 1 all Football can start as for Cricket it won’t start to November as Covid isn’t going away I expect Covid lock down 6 to last another month if not longer.
BTW:Any truth that Lyndhurst and Hampton Park our Outer East FL bound and Skye,Chelsea Heights and South Mornington could be in the extended MPFL potential 3rd Division in 2022?

I'll run wih it, if we can get it out there enough i am sure the clubs will fall in line.

I have heard Frankston are looking at going to mpnl but can definitely tell you Hampton park are not going to out east most of the clubs like Narre Cranbourne beacy Pakenham and Doveton are all looking to get out Of it into other leagues like the mpnl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back