Sheffield Shield Round 1: Western Australia vs Victoria @ The WACA

Remove this Banner Ad

First innings WA top 4 scores 31 between them.

"Surely we can do better than that" I think.

Second innings WA top 5 scores 31 between them.

Well, at least one of those numbers changed...

Well done to Phillipe, Inglis and Green for standing up under pressure. WA will bounce back, have little doubt.

Great win. Coleman looks a certainty to get dropped (and deservedly so, bowled trash) for Siddle (who will be back from the UAE) and Fekete will be unlucky to miss for Holland.

Great stuff by Phillipe, he's going to have a great summer methinks.

We should get some reinforcements back in next match - surely we can't play worse than that. :rolleyes:

Agree, looks a really good prospect and has outshone the experience players end of last season start of this season. Why he didn't open this match I will never know. Makes absolutely zero sense to bat him down the order. Outs for next match should be at least three of Wells, Bosisto, Cartwright and Mackin. If it were me, I would drop all four. Shaun Marsh will be back (probably for the rest of the summer) along with Richardson. I guess Moody may be replaced by Kelly if he's fit too. I'd fill the other two batting spots with youth like Carder and Hardy.

Great way to start the season with a side with plenty of reinforcements to come in.

Well done to Phillipe, Inglis and Green for standing up under pressure. WA will bounce back, have little doubt.

Great win. Coleman looks a certainty to get dropped (and deservedly so, bowled trash) for Siddle (who will be back from the UAE) and Fekete will be unlucky to miss for Holland.
Very disappointed for Coleman. Had a great opportunity this match.

Will Siddle be back from the UAE? I think I heard somewhere he was going to be on standby for Starc for the T20s

Great way to start the season with a side with plenty of reinforcements to come in.

Very disappointed for Coleman. Had a great opportunity this match.

Will Siddle be back from the UAE? I think I heard somewhere he was going to be on standby for Starc for the T20s
What? Why not fly Coulter-Nile over?

Predictions for the votes? For me it would probably look like:

3. Pucovski
2. Tremain
1. Boland

Stoinis and Phillipe unlucky but their team lost by an innings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back